Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 08:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

That is such an extremely arrogant and imperialist idea that I am speechless. Also bizarre. American has no right to decide which countries deserve to exist and which do not. I don't even understand what kind of thought process is behind this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 08:48 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Murdering innocent people is not a solution to anything. What is wrong with the OP???
Were you living at the end of WWII? (I was).
Many people died because our president saw no other way to end that war, and the bombing DID end the war.
Sometimes innocent people die when their rulers go astray, and the leaders of the Japanese were to blame for the many innocent people that perishes because of the bombing.

The same holds true for countries in the middle east.
They are ruled by fanatics, and there is no negotiating with these types of leaders.
They need to pay the ultimate price for their stupidity, and unfortunately many innocents will die as well, but I believe to end this cancer, it must be dealt with, less it spread in the entire region.

If the incidents of 911 taught us anything, we should know and understand that many factions in the middle east will not be satisfied until the United States is obliterated.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would much rather see those countries wiped off the map, than our beloved country.
One day, it is going to come down to a "them or us" decision, and we best decide on it's "them".

Bob.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:48 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I think the president should gather the top leaders in the congress, and top advisers to him and meet in the war room to discuss the complete annihilation of Iran, Iraq, and Syria.
The sooner they are destroyed, the better for all.
They are a cancer that needs to be destroyed.

If this were done, the rest of the world would look up to the United States as a country NOT to be messed with.
Why have all these nuclear bombs, if they aren't going to be used?
What is the sense of having them?
It's like buying a new vehicle, and letting it sit in the driveway, or garage, and never drive it.

Many are to young to remember when President Truman bombed japan to end WWII.
No one took on the United States because of that, and things remained fairly quiet until the Korean war in 1952.
I feel wiping that part of the middle east off the planet would be great for the rest of the world.
No long term war, just complete destruction, over and done with.

Something need to be done, and soon to end this incredibly foolish, and dysfunctional part of the world.

Bob.
We have no right to destroy any country. We are not the God of the world.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:54 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We have no right to destroy any country.
I disagree with this as an absolute statement. In war, your goal is to destroy the enemy to erase any threat from them.

That being said, as of this time, there is no need to nuke Iran.

Japan earned the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They had been barbaric for a decade, and made the mistake of awakening the sleeping giant USA.

I hope we never need to nuke any other nation, but if we do, we should. It should be a true last resort.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:59 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That is such an extremely arrogant and imperialist idea that I am speechless. Also bizarre. American has no right to decide which countries deserve to exist and which do not. I don't even understand what kind of thought process is behind this thread.
Trump killed a terrorist.
That's all.
It's been done dozens and dozens of times before.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I disagree completely. The real question is why are U.S. troops even in the middle east?

How would we feel if a country half way around the world from us, that had a different culture and religion and spoke a language we didn't understand came in and occupied the United States?

We should have withdrawn from the middle east a long time ago.
You really don't understand the situation very well.
You are aware that it was terrorist from the middle east that caused death and destruction in this country on 911 don't you?
You do know don't you, that it was middle east terrorist that bombed the world trade center in 1993?
You should know that BinLaden was plotting to destroy the United States.
He also was from the middle east, and many of his followers were from the area.
When a country states, "DEATH TO THE UNITED STATES", are we just supposed to sit back, do nothing, and hope it never happens?

You people against the policy I have outlined here in this post are the ones with a problem.
You fail to see the problems that have been building for years, and now that it may be coming to a head, you are running away from reality.

No one, except the fanatics in the mid east, want war, but if this Iran situation remains unabated, we will one day see Israel destroyed by the rouge Iranian government, THEN there will be an all out war, and many American military may die.
I would much rather annihilate the rogue nations in the middle east before they get the chance to do more harm.
Better there, than here .

Bob.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:06 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
It did in Japan , to end WWII.

Bob.
The Japanese didn't have nuclear weapons, Iran does. Big difference.

I fear we are going to pay a big price for Trump's reckless decisions here.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We have no right to destroy any country. We are not the God of the world.
If these countries are a threat to us, as well as our foreign interest, then we have no recourse but to disarm them any way possible, and if that means a nuclear attack, then so be it.

Bob.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:10 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The Japanese didn't have nuclear weapons, Iran does. Big difference.
Iran likely has it in an unrefined form, w/o a major league launch system.

Like Kim, they can fire a rocket that goes a short distance in a random way.

We can hit a dime from thousands of miles away.

I do not think Iran merits a nuke as of now, but I also recognize the giant gap in capability between our great nation and Iran.

We have little if anything to fear other than lone ranger disruptive incidents.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Do you know why those terrorists were targeting the U.S.?
They targeted the United States because we are a prosperous nation, and were jealous of what we have.
We fight wars in other countries that pose a threat to the United States, and our allies.
That is what the terrorist hate about our country.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies