Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 09:45 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
What is/are your suggestions for dealing with middle east issues?

Bob.
Economic starvation.

We need to reduce our use of ME oil to 0%, by continuing to increase domestic consumption plus using alternative sources.

Make sand their #1 asset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 09:47 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
So you think the answer to the Middle East's problems and the best way to show the world that America should "NOT be messed with" is to drop nuclear bombs on Iran, Iraq, and Syria, killing untold millions of innocent civilians?

Methinks you haven't thought this through. At least, I hope you haven't. But let's scratch the surface:

It's a good thing you have absolutely no say in American strategy and military decision-making because the action you propose would make the Holocaust look small in scale. It would have a civilian death toll at least ten times greater than the Nazi's Final Solution. Is that the America you want to live in? Do you not see that it would, by necessity, turn America into an undemocratic military dictatorship in one fell swoop while also making it the greatest mass murderer in the history of mankind? Does that not bother you?

Out of curiosity, what would be your justification for the murder of tens of millions of innocent civilians? How would you explain that one away to the rest of the world? What could your target countries possibly do to warrant sich an uprecedented and disproportionate military action? No matter, really. America would become a pariah state overnight, on par with Nazi Germany. Iran, Iraq, and Syria might have problematic regimes, but your final solution to the Middle East question is so far beyond the pale as to be in another galaxy.

Also, do you think the Russians, Chinese, and other nuclear adversaries would sit idly by while the US broke every major law and treaty to destroy three nations who are not at war with the US, without a declaration of war against them, and without the approval of Congress, which is the branch of government where foreign wars are approved except in situations of existential threat? Do you not see that move as making the US and world FAR less safe? Do you think adversarial nations like India and Pakistan would ever hesitate to use nuclear weapons on each other in the very near future if America atomized most of the Middle East?

And finally, do you think that the fallout and continenal-scale environmental disaster, which would also affect America's allies profoundly, would not be one further terrible consequence of this insane idea?

You mentioned two very weak reasons to use to the powerful weapons ever created to depopulate and destroy tems of millions: because they are a pain in the butt, and because it would demonstrate just how crazy America has become. There are probably hundreds of reasons why this should never be done, but you don't seem to see them and your reasons supporting the action is categorically insane.

I have read some really bizarre and disturbing things on this forum, but this is the worst post I have read here, by far.
Obviously you failed to read the original posting.
It explained the reasons you question, as well as the solution, and how congress would be involved.
READ BEFORE CRITICIZING.

Bob.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:54 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
The people saying we should start trading nuclear missiles have no idea of the consequences. This isn't something to play around with lightly. Shooting rifles at each other is one thing, nukes are another animal entirely.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:55 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The people saying we should start trading nuclear missiles have no idea of the consequences. This isn't something to play around with lightly. Shooting rifles at each other is one thing, nukes are another animal entirely.

I have read of only one, which is singular as in person.

Where are these people you write about, implying more than one?

Old 01-05-2020, 09:57 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Quote:
Obviously you failed to read the original posting.
It explained the reasons you question, as well as the solution, and how congress would be involved.
READ BEFORE CRITICIZING.

Bob.
I did read it and nothing you wrote in any way justifies nuking those countries off the face of the Earth. You did not answer those questions I posed in my post. Not specifically. Not even close.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:08 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
I cannot even begin to imagine the mental issues that would arise out of such a horrific act of war if Trump actually would do that. It would literally drive some people crazy in all the countries left stnading including America. I think we would have our Second Civil War then. I just cannot imagine President trump taking such a drastic measure. And the topic of this thread is very disturbing.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:18 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
War crime anyone?

Targeting cultural sites could be considered a war crime under international agreements to which the U.S. belongs.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...USZz6e-nONadHE
That is correct. It’s also worth noting that Iran has a number of sites that are holy to the Shia faith.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:18 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Were you living at the end of WWII? (I was).
So was my dad. So what? He was a year old when WWII ended. I'm going to take a WAG and say you're probably around the same age as he is. Which means neither of you were old enough to understand what was going on at the time.

Quote:
Many people died because our president saw no other way to end that war, and the bombing DID end the war.
You do realize that the world is a very different place from what it was 75 years ago when Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed, yes?

Old 01-05-2020, 10:31 PM

To those of you who posted on page #9 I have a few answers for you.
Now, try and pay attention because I am only going to say this once.
Perhaps not in chronological order, but facts are facts, and each and every one initiated in the middle east, and by terrorist living in that area.

The 911 events.
Th 1993 bombing of the world trade center.
The taking of 52 American hostages by Iran, and held for (I believe) close to, or more than a year.
The bombing of one of our military ships in Yemen.
The commandeering of two oil tankers in international waters, by the Iran military.
Iran not living up to the agreement of the nuclear pact they signed with this country, and other nations(which is why the president voided it).
Iran invading Iraq, soon after American troops left.
Iranian involvement in Syria, Lebanon.
Need I say more for you people to understand that it isn't going to end there.

It would take a complete moron to not know Iran is planning some sort of action to retaliate for the justified killing of it's military general.
Now, is the United States supposed to sit back and pretend none of this ever happened?
Are we just supposed to brush it off in favor of not retaliating in any way for all these things?
You people really need to get real, and understand what is going on in the world.
I have new for you, it is not a world where we can all join hands ans sing kum bi ya.
Wars and terror have been going on in the middle east since the days Christ walked that part of the earth, and it is high time an end were put to it,

My guess is one of two things the government of Iran may do.
Either bomb Israel, or a United States military ship in the region, or perhaps both.
Either one would be provocation for war with this country.
I am all for taking out this cancer in that part of the country, before they can infiltrate their hatred around the world.

Left to do their will, their actions could prove much worse than any disaster to date, and that includes the holocaust.

I believe the president it biding his time,waiting to see just what Iran is going to do in the days ahead.

Many have stated they are glad I am not the one advising the president.
I can only wish I were.

Bob.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I cannot even begin to imagine the mental issues that would arise out of such a horrific act of war if Trump actually would do that. It would literally drive some people crazy in all the countries left stnading including America. I think we would have our Second Civil War then. I just cannot imagine President trump taking such a drastic measure. And the topic of this thread is very disturbing.
No, the topic of this thread is the reality we live in.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies