Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 03:51 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Believe what you like. No way I can prove it to you. No way you can prove I am not. All I can tell you is I retired at 42 and enjoying everyday of my life. A couple of 9/11 skin cancers and some scared lungs but I am still here for a long time! Honestly I could care less what you think.
Were you involved in working the 9/11 WTC grounds, or nearby? If so, thank you for your bravery and life-saving work. (And even if not, thank you for your bravery anyway. Good thing you're not a NY cop these days, huh, under DeBlasio!)

Old 01-05-2020, 03:54 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Iran has been vowing to destroy Israel for decades. They have been attacking and slaughtering innocent Israelis for decades via their Hezbollah and Hamas terror arms. This is nothing new for the Israeli people. A bunch of delusional Islamic nutjobs screeching their impotent rage is something the Israelis are used to.

Old 01-05-2020, 03:55 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesychios View Post
don't get carried away.

Trump is too impulsive to actually think very deeply about his actions before doing them. The old adage here is "measure twice, cut once", which any old craftsman would understand. Trump doesn't appreciate true statecraft.

Someone told him it could be worth votes in texas and he went for it.

Basically trump committed an act of terror, no better than our adversaries. He has leveled the playing field and lost the moral high ground. He made a martyr for the iranians and strengthened the hardliners position in that god-forsaken country. He handed the mullahs a gift that keeps on giving.
+1

Old 01-05-2020, 03:57 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Were you involved in working the 9/11 WTC grounds, or nearby? If so, thank you for your bravery and life-saving work. (And even if not, thank you for your bravery anyway. Good thing you're not a NY cop these days, huh, under DeBlasio!)
Yes. I was working election duty when the towers were stuck. The next day I was assigned down there. The ash was 3 inches think all over the place. I also did patrol. I spent about 100 hours over several months down there. I retired just before DeBlasio was elected. All my friends are miserable and can't wait to retire!

Old 01-05-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Yes. I was working election duty when the towers were stuck. The next day I was assigned down there. The ash was 3 inches think all over the place. I also did patrol. I spent about 100 hours over several months down there. I retired just before DeBlasio was elected. All my friends are miserable and can't wait to retire!
Oh, wow. Thank you again.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:00 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Believe what you like. No way I can prove it to you. No way you can prove I am not. All I can tell you is I retired at 42 and enjoying everyday of my life. A couple of 9/11 skin cancers and some scared lungs but I am still here for a long time! Honestly I could care less what you think.
Take care.

I lost a friend who was a volunteer Fire Fighter from Spotswood this past year(worked on the pile). A young man who I coached in youth sports. Ex-Mayor of Spotswood. Sad loss for me and my family.

My best man a SDNY worker also is very ill after spending time on the pile. I worry that I may lose him this year.

Get checked regularly.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:04 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
I missed this in my first response. Surely you're not accusing Trump of telling Israel for purposes of increasing his stock holdings? PLEASE tell me that as much as you hate Trump, you hate an Islamic terrorist more.

Hate Hate Hate. You hate but I don't. Hate stops you from sound decisions.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Hate Hate Hate. You hate but I don't. Hate stops you from sound decisions.
And your lovely response sure proves it.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:06 PM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
What treaty? We have no treaty. Obama penned a "deal" since the arrangement he worked out, with loopholes to allow Iran to cheat, would have been rejected by Congress. So he had a choice: either pen a bad deal that can by revoked by the next president, or bring it as a treaty where it would have been rejected by Congress. He chose the former.

And I see you're blaming Trump. Any blame for the Islamic terrorists who might attack Israel? Should he have just sat by and let this monstrous Islamic terrorist continue to plot against America, killing hundreds of Americans and aiming for more?

Obama was a fool, or an enabler, to pen a deal with a state sponsor of terror in which they promise not to build nuclear weapon - for a while, anyway - and not insist on anytime, anywhere inspections.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you wanted the US out of the agreement, now you’re complaining that Israel has been put in danger, and here I thought sanctions would bring Iran to its knees. Stop whining you got what you wanted.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:07 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Trump's volatility and casual disregard for treaties and process is directly putting my friends and family at risk in Israel. I am terrified, to put it mildly.

And it is still equally treasonous to have discussed this with Israel before Congress as it was to have discussed this at Mar al Lago for insider trading purposes.

What treaties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies