Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2020, 12:38 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hmmm...

I'm not obsessed about any opinions celebrities have so perhaps it's not me who needs to put People Magazine down. Nor did I vote for a presidential candidate based on a personna created by and for reality tv and Twitter.

You admitted you weren't curing cancer either so how on earth was my comment construed as "cheap shot"?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I find it humorous that the very same posters who constantly whine about the opinions of celebrities are all of a sudden all happy about THIS celebrity, his opinion and the platform he used. I may not like Kid Rock's politics but I've never said he should just shut up and sing.

Bunch of hypocrites.

It's a cheap shot because that's the most overused, generic "comeback" from people nowadays. It's holds no value. It's like when someone voices their opinion on a recording artist's music by saying they don't like it, and someone replies, "where's your album/#1 song?" It's just a lame retort. I could easily flip it back on you. What about you? Are YOU curing cancer maciesmom? See how stupid that sounds? Hollywood forgets that we help pay these actors their salaries, as well as keeping their careers afloat. So I have every right to comment or voice my opinion on whatever it is they speak on.

The problem with these celebrities is that their fame gets to their head, and they suddenly think having that star power makes them an all wise-knowing being. Look, I'm all for the ones who donate to good causes, give back to their communities, visiting a sick child at the hospital, etc. But when you have people like Rachel McGowan who's apologizing for an assassination of a terrorist, Robert DeNiro using every bit of camera time to bring up Trump, or Taylor Swift shoehorning LBGT topics and their community into her latest album as a promotional tool, then we have a problem. Just because you have an accessible platform to speak to us "regular people," doesn't mean you should always use it. Half of them have no idea what they're saying most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 12:58 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
it was funny, no doubt about it.

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/stat...27021183762440

Old 01-06-2020, 12:58 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yep, that’s how Gervais is. Everyone familiar with him knew he’d be like that, he’s a roaster basically. Nothing surprising. But look at you guys lapping it up like it was some victory for, what exactly?
He is, but not on this level. He knew he wasn’t coming back next year. I guess if you call watching a bunch of Hollywood elite sit around with their fake laughs and squirm in front of the camera a victory, then I’m okay with that.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Only after hearing about what Ricky said, a\n hour later I turned in and saw Michelle Williams win.

She walked up to the stage with her orange cloth or sheet, that was suppose to be a dress.

Then her political speech was uttered and that was all I saw and turned the channel as I already regretted to have turned for the one or two minutes!

What a bunch of hypocrites and cry babies.

Michelle was married to an opioid addicted actor who died of an overdose. Trump is the only President who is actively doing something to prevent more people to get addicted by changing the laws.

Michelle, clearly was enabling her husband and didn’t care of his overdose or she would support the President!

I will skip her movies just as I won’t view the Irishmen and so many other of the crazy actors movies...

That is my choice!
Um you do know Michelle Williams was separated from Ledger at the time of his death. You and I know nothing of what she enabled or didn't. You made up a story in your head to support your feelings.

What has Trump done?

Old 01-06-2020, 01:14 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
He is, but not on this level. He knew he wasn’t coming back next year. I guess if you call watching a bunch of Hollywood elite sit around with their fake laughs and squirm in front of the camera a victory, then I’m okay with that.
That's his schtick every year he has done this. 'I don't care if they don't ask me back."

It's the schtick.

They hire him knowing exactly what they are going to get. He is brutal all the time...it is who he is.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:17 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times
Well, whatever the case, I don't think he's going to be standing in the soup line any time soon.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:18 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
It's a cheap shot because that's the most overused, generic "comeback" from people nowadays. It's holds no value. It's like when someone voices their opinion on a recording artist's music by saying they don't like it, and someone replies, "where's your album/#1 song?" It's just a lame retort. I could easily flip it back on you. What about you? Are YOU curing cancer maciesmom?
Of course not. But I'm not the one implying that only those who are curing cancer (or the moral/intellectual equivalent) are worthy of having and sharing opinions.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:28 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
It was just truly refreshing to see, even if he is a leftist. The elite zombies in the audience didn't know whether to laugh or be offended, so you were left with a hilariously uncomfortable room of people. It was great and it does not happen nearly enough in real life.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:31 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It was just truly refreshing to see, even if he is a leftist. The elite zombies in the audience didn't know whether to laugh or be offended, so you were left with a hilariously uncomfortable room of people. It was great and it does not happen nearly enough in real life.
Exactly, Hanks looked like he needed some ex-lax.

Old 01-06-2020, 02:17 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
https://youtu.be/LCNdTLHZAeo

Pedophiles
Leftist nut jobs
Apple sweatshops
Epstein
Political speeches at award ceremonies

Beautiful work. Bravo!!

Viewer discretion advised
Whoa! Nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies