Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2020, 01:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd never imagine Americans saying an Iranian religious site is more important than American lives, but here we are.
that's a false equivalence. I can't imagine any scenario of where saving an American life is predicated upon destroying Persepolis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 01:38 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
And we have a lying, fat, coward as a leader. What does that say about this country?
I do love how upset you are about it. There was a time when I was upset about it as well, but then I saw people like you and how ridiculous you were behaving and now I've made peace with the fact that he'll be president for another term.

The fact that you are comparing a theocracy to merely being upset about a president you don't like personally kind of tells me all I need to know about you.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:38 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. Barbarism is the True state of mankind.
Civilization is entirely unnatural because it uses collective force to try and repeal the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, along with the Zeroth Law of Human Nature.

But that is collectivism generally...entirely unnatural.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Do I really need to explain to an adult why sites of historic significance have value?
No, I never questioned their value.....do try to keep up, I asked you why they have a right to continued existence.

The fact is that nothing has a right to exist. There are things we'd like to continue existing, but that doesn't equal those things having a right to it.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:40 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
You are unsurprisingly looking at things backwards, what gives those sites the right to continued existence?

Nothing.

If Iran values those places, they ought to protect them by making the decision to stop waging proxy wars all across the world using terrorist organizations they fund, equip, and command.

Nothing has an inherent right to exist.....even if you like it.
That's the same logic used to justify taking out the World Trade Centers on 9/11. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now.

And whoever called your post the next level of stupid was being generous. REALLY? What gives a historical site a right to exist? Are you saying that if someone wanted to blow up the Washington Monument, they should be allowed, since the monument has no rights? It is baffling to consider how a mind can get to a point to say such craziness. Honestly. "What gives history a right to exist?" LMAO.... Not funny, more of an uncomfortable laugh as I consider you are mingling in society. EEEK!

Old 01-06-2020, 01:41 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I do love how upset you are about it. There was a time when I was upset about it as well, but then I saw people like you and how ridiculous you were behaving and now I've made peace with the fact that he'll be president for another term.
I apologize I am just not use to engaging with uncompromising stupidity. This is new for me.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:42 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
When did the Iranians use mosques, hospitals, shelters, schools, and other public sites to store munitions and seek sanctuary? Do tell?

You can find hundreds of examples of Iran's proxies Hamas and Hezbollah hiding rockets and soldiers in schools and hospitals.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That's the same logic used to justify taking out the World Trade Centers on 9/11. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now.
SMH of course you see those things as the same.

You see a retaliatory strike by a military as the same as an unprovoked terrorist attack and that says all that needs to be said about you and why you are so upset about the death of a terrorist leader.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:51 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/bori...tm_name=iossmf

Boris Johnson warns Trump that targeting Iranian cultural sites would break international law

Imagine going back in time 5 years and showing people this headline...
Iran kills and maimed Americans through cowardice surprise attacks.. at least President Trump gives Iran warning. Don't kill Americans or we will retaliate.

And the left democrats are worse than Iran. They are ratcheting it up with their hateful propaganda .. this is Communistic actions against our own government. It is not just against Trump, It is against our CIA, Our National Security advisors and our protectors from terrorists. this is how sick the democrats are , sick for power. If anyone gets us into a war , it will be the propaganda spewed out as anti-American hateful sensationalism against Americans defensive actions to protect our fighting men.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:52 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You can find hundreds of examples of Iran's proxies Hamas and Hezbollah hiding rockets and soldiers in schools and hospitals.
Hamas and Hezbollah are not Iranian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies