Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 11:31 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Finishing her first year in Congress, the leader of "The Squad" looks back on the hate against her.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...vue-story.html

The reality is, AOC is a strong, assertive, intelligent young lady, who says what she thinks. As far as a lot of people think America has come, with regard to accepting women in these roles, the truth is, we are still living in the dark ages. We see that when it comes to electing a woman President, and in so many other situations.

AOC is not going to be a wilting flower, she is going to be AOC, and if that upsets some people, all the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 11:33 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
I challenge anyone to find even a single person who "hates" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I certainly have not encountered anyone like that, either here on this board or anywhere else for that matter. She does not inspire hate. She inspires amusement.

She is naive, misguided and ignorant in the extreme. If she was a graduate from my alma mater, I would be truly appalled to have people see her as a representive of the sorts of graduates that it produces. She went to Boston University and she is an embarrassment to them, whether they realize it or not. I am pretty sure that they do realize it.

Anyway, the people of the Bronx are entitled to elect anyone they want to serve as their representative in Washington D.C. They should be embarrassed as well, and again, I am pretty sure that many of them are. It will come as no shock to me if she loses her primary contest later this year.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:34 AM

5,740 posts, read 4,697,306 times
The media is not covering AOC as much anymore because they realized that when they cover AOC's ridiculousness that it emboldens Trump's base, and they just can't have that going into an election year.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:34 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Damn the obsession is creepy. Like a bunch if old dudes formed some twisted fan club...

Old 01-06-2020, 11:37 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Finishing her first year in Congress, the leader of "The Squad" looks back on the hate against her.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...vue-story.html

I don't hate AOC.

But I'm not too crazy about her constituents who thought that it was a good idea to elect a woman with an IQ on par with the average stripper in order to get free *hit.

And then, even worse.... actually taking her seriously.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:38 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I challenge anyone to find even a single person who "hates" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I certainly have not encountered anyone like that, either here on this board or anywhere else for that matter. She does not inspire hate. She inspires amusement.

She is naive, misguided and ignorant in the extreme. If she was a graduate from my alma mater, I would be truly appalled to have people think this is the sort of education that the university that I went to provides. She went to Boston University, and she is an embarrassment to them, whether they realize it or not. I am pretty sure that they do realize it.

Anyway, the people of the Bronx are entitled to elect anyone they want to serve as their representative in Washington D.C. They should be embarrassed as well, and again, I am pretty sure that many of them are. It will come as no shock to me if she loses her primary contest later this year.
I've heard that people in her district aren't happy with her and supposedly there are a couple people that are going to challenge her for her seat. She's on the national media far too much, even heard that she doesn't respond much to people that directly contact her from her district.

I don't know how true it is, but whatever. We'll see I guess.

I find her and the rest of the squad to be annoying, but I wouldn't use the word "hate", I don't give a rip about any of them enough to get worked up to the level of hate.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:52 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

She is naive, misguided and ignorant in the extreme. If she was a graduate from my alma mater, I would be truly appalled to have people see her as a representive of the sorts of graduates that it produces. She went to Boston University and she is an embarrassment to them, whether they realize it or not. I am pretty sure that they do realize it.

How embarrassed do you think Wharton School of Business at the Univ of Pennsylvania is of Trump ? That's where he graduated from with a BS in economics. LOL Trump doesn't know the first thing about economics and he didn't earn admission into Wharton based on academics.

Alexandria is the complete opposite of Trump, and all of us including Boston University should be proud of her. There are dozens of clips of her on you tube. You should watch them then come back here and tell us how stupid she is again.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:56 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
She should take that to mean that she’s doing a great job.

If Trump’s supporters hate you, you should gloat...endlessly. Take a victory lap. It means that you’re on the right side of history.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:02 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Of the four members of the so-called Squad, she's the least concerning.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:08 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
How embarrassed do you think Wharton School of Business at the Univ of Pennsylvania is of Trump ? That's where he graduated from with a BS in economics. LOL Trump doesn't know the first thing about economics and he didn't earn admission into Wharton based on academics.

Alexandria is the complete opposite of Trump, and all of us including Boston University should be proud of her. There are dozens of clips of her on you tube. You should watch them then come back here and tell us how stupid she is again.
Trump has built his career as the CEO of one of the most high profile and successful real estate development companies in the world, famous for its hotels, office buildings, golf course and resorts. He has also had quite a career as a television celebrity. He is a master marketer and a legendary businessman.

People across the political spectrum were pretty much agreeable with that perspective, before he announced his candidacy for President. But when he decided to run on a platform to 'drain the swamp,' in open opposition and ridicule of the globalist left establishment elite in Washington, then all of the people who align themselves with that cabal suddenly changed their mind about Trump.

Trump was lambasted with all the standard Democrat left slanders, smears and lies, including accusations of him being a racist, a bigot, a "homophobe" (whatever that actually is), a philanderer, a money launderer, a Russian agent, etc. I do not even know how to characterize the despicable "Pee-gate" smears.

Nobody has EVER backed any of those accusations up with verifiable or corroborated evidence. Not once. Never.

What do you think the aspirations of the Wharton Business School are - separate and apart from any political biases that they may hold? How many students do you think that they have produced in their history that have been more successful that Donald Trump? While I do not know the exact number, I strongly suspect that it is less than 20. Which is not very many at all.

And AOC's accomplishments are what again? LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies