Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 01:31 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is silly. If you have something to add to American society and immigrate the Legal way then of course you are welcomed.

Why would we want anyone coming into America that is going to take advantage of our gullible generosity while turning into criminals that hurt citizens and LEGAL immigrants alike?

Why would we want these people coming in?

America has every Right to detain and question anyone coming into the country. Have you ever traveled abroad? It is a lot different in so many countries where they guard their borders and scrutinize everyone that comes and goes as they should.

What is it with some people that think America isn't worth protecting?

Imagine if a group of terrorists from Iran sneak across the border and make their way to Times Square to set off some bombs? The Left would blame Trump for failing to secure the border and for poking the hornets nest of Iran by giving them a reason to attack, as if they needed a reason beyond we are the infidels.

I wonder how a white straight fundamentalist Christian would be treated if they tried to enter Iran today?

If they were detained for a few hours, while having their heads examined, they should consider themselves lucky that they were not tortured and dragged through the streets.
You're trying to reason with people who've probably never been outside of a 50 mile radius of where they were born.

I travel internationally a lot and anyone can be detained at any country's port of entry for any reason, including US citizens re-entering the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 01:31 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum1 View Post
In America, it's not enough to be White. You need to have no foreign accent, I assure you, or they hate you.
this possum plays dead in the head

Old 01-06-2020, 01:32 PM

527 posts, read 422,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
No you are that in your little petty bigoted head. Keep hating, "1st class american". Ya'll hateful behind the keyboards, trumpsters, little cowards in real life.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:35 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
People are detained at borders all over the world for all kinds of reasons.

And yes, it has happened to me despite being a white male, as if that matters. I was detained by US officials coming back from Canada. I had a DC drivers license but my car had Texas plates. Pulled me over and went through it like a cyclone. Can't say my unshaven appearance helped. They probably thought I had a ton of dope somewhere.

I cooperated and patiently waited. No harm, no foul. They were suspicious. It's their job to be suspicious.

Leftist rubes wake up one day and discover there are things called borders and the crossing points are staffed not by PhDs, but tough men and women tasked with scrutinizing thousands of people.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:35 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
Quote:
In America, it's not enough to be White. You need to have no foreign accent, I assure you, or they hate you.
It's said Asians with "perfect" accent are less popular than Asians with some exotic accent.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:37 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
There is a difference between accepting detention at the border as a necessary evil in the name of national security and celebrating when American citizens are detained on the basis of their cultural heritage. I know this is a tough distinction for those who can only think in extremes.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:40 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Some of these basement dwellers on CD think your US passport is your magic ticket to fly through customs and immigration with zero hassling from CBP. ROFL

You maybe (keyword: maybe) get that if you are a member of Global Entry but it's not a guarantee.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:41 PM

527 posts, read 422,662 times
Time to get rid of war-mongering politicians and get some peaceful ones....a little problem with that is military-industrial complex that has everyone bought up all the way to the top!

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Quote:
No you are that in your little petty bigoted head. Keep hating, "1st class american". Ya'll hateful behind the keyboards, trumpsters, little cowards in real life.
Darn critter did it again

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
People are detained at borders all over the world for all kinds of reasons.

And yes, it has happened to me despite being a white male, as if that matters. I was detained by US officials coming back from Canada. I had a DC drivers license but my car had Texas plates. Pulled me over and went through it like a cyclone. Can't say my unshaven appearance helped. They probably thought I had a ton of dope somewhere.

I cooperated and patiently waited. No harm, no foul. They were suspicious. It's their job to be suspicious.

Leftist rubes wake up one day and discover there are things called borders and the crossing points are staffed not by PhDs, but tough men and women tasked with scrutinizing thousands of people.
Yep. I wasn't stopped and my car searched when re-entering the US from Vancouver en route to Seattle in a rental car, but the people 4 cars ahead of me were. They had to pull over, get out, and wait in a secured area until the search of their car was complete. My rental car's plates didn't match my driver's license, but all I had to do was show Border Patrol my copy of the rental contract. NBD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies