Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 12:14 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Don’t throw snowballs at cars.
This is America for you.

Blame kids throwing snowballs.

Under no circumstance criticize the gun culture.
Make sure you find some other excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 12:26 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Because it’s a stupid thing to say.
Does not usually stop those looking for race in everything.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:29 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Why no racist comments about white snowballs?
I think everyone was waiting for a simpleminded sheep to bring it up, so thanks

Old 01-07-2020, 12:34 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
It's pretty darn common to throw a snowball at anything that moves. Seriously, that's such a kid thing to do. After people yell at them, they'll learn to stop it.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:34 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While I don't agree with the comments, clearly that's hyperbole about being ok to shoot a kid throwing snowballs.

I do have to note that "allowed" to own a gun always makes me chuckle.

There is a good chance that the shooter in question here is a prior felon\gang banger with an illegal gun.

Just like your ability to "allow" people to buy heroin, meth and so forth.

What you "allow" has no bearing on reality when it comes to the worst segments of this country comitting the vast majority of trouble for everyone else.
While this MAY be true, since all we have to go off of was that this person was driving around and got annoyed by 2 kids so he shot at them, we have no reason to think that he didn't own the gun that he used.

There is an obvious issue about people obtaining guns illegally and using them. But in many cases people use their legally obtained guns. Life isn't a "one or all" bargain. You can say "well, we can use certain steps to determine who should be permitted to own a weapon capable of killing several people at one time" while also admitting that isn't going to stop someone from stealing someone else's gun if they have the motive and opportunity. They are separate issues.

Since someone can buy heroin, meth and so forth on a street corner from a drug dealer, does that mean we should "allow" them to be able to walk into Rite Aid and buy it?

Old 01-07-2020, 01:03 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Why no racist comments about white snowballs?
I'd like to know where these kids found snow. I'm in Milwaukee and there's no snow.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:31 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I'd like to know where these kids found snow. I'm in Milwaukee and there's no snow.
This was on Saturday. We still had a little snow this past weekend, not much.

Old 01-07-2020, 02:33 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
This was on Saturday. We still had a little snow this past weekend, not much.
I know I had a few Saturday night but I walked home and don't remember any snow. They must have found some in a shadow somewhere.

Old 01-07-2020, 03:20 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Size18 View Post
https://abc7chicago.com/2-kids-shot-...hicle/5819928/

Now, was it a "good guy with a gun", or a "bad guy with a gun"?
a gang banger with a record is the likely cause

communities adopting the gang behavior. Accept violent physical response for perception of being dissed. Wrong color clothes, words, when ever you feel insulted you have the right to physically attack.

comes home to bite.

Old 01-07-2020, 04:27 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
While this MAY be true, since all we have to go off of was that this person was driving around and got annoyed by 2 kids so he shot at them, we have no reason to think that he didn't own the gun that he used.

There is an obvious issue about people obtaining guns illegally and using them. But in many cases people use their legally obtained guns. Life isn't a "one or all" bargain. You can say "well, we can use certain steps to determine who should be permitted to own a weapon capable of killing several people at one time" while also admitting that isn't going to stop someone from stealing someone else's gun if they have the motive and opportunity. They are separate issues.

Since someone can buy heroin, meth and so forth on a street corner from a drug dealer, does that mean we should "allow" them to be able to walk into Rite Aid and buy it?
You ever live in a large US city?

Ever wonder who commits the vast majority of the shootings in those cities?

Drugs and gangs typically using illegal guns. Thus it's highly likely that is the case with this offender. I agree that it is possible that instead it was an 85 year retired sunday school teacher on her way to the salon with a legally licensed gun or some other legal gun owner but it's unlikely.

With regards to "allow" I'm pointing out that "allowance" or not has absolutely zero impact on the willingness and ability of the majority wrong-doers to get and use guns. (or drugs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies