Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 03:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
As with Trump, I don't expect Bloomberg to relate to my middle class lifestyle. So I won't be voting for either one.

If Trump was horrified by the sight of something commoners like, we sure wouldn't know about it from the Republicans.
I find it interesting that voters expect Presidential candidates to relate to their middle class (or lower class) lifestyle and if they think the candidate can’t, then those people won’t vote for those candidates. What I want a Presidential candidate to have is intelligence, common sense, ability to work with Congress and other world leaders, compassion, a good education, and decency.

I really don’t care if they can relate to my lifestyle. Back in the day, President George H.W. Bush had no idea of the cost of a gallon of milk. He was taken to task for that. But really, who cares. As long as he was doing a good job as President, it didn’t make any difference!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 03:55 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
You know deep down he's judging and his face says it all, He's probably saying "Good God, Is that what you people eat? no caviar, no exquisite Chateau? Barbaric!!"
Bloomberg is probably thinking, “No vegetables or fruit?”

Old 01-07-2020, 04:03 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Bloomberg is probably thinking, “No vegetables or fruit?”

Why would Biden or Mayor Pete be at a Bloomberg event ?

Old 01-07-2020, 11:32 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reportedly, Bloomberg is a vegetarian and adheres to kosher laws, no diff than Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump.

Why would anyone have a problem with this?
Maybe his team shouldn't have posted a picture of him looking at ribs like he wanted them, especially when there were no ribs to be seen.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because he’s supposed to pretend to be a hayseed In order to please Republicans.
The picture was from his campaign pandering to...hayseeds. Very tone deaf.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I find it interesting that voters expect Presidential candidates to relate to their middle class (or lower class) lifestyle and if they think the candidate can’t, then those people won’t vote for those candidates.
Candidates like Bloomberg show up at places like that to pretend they relate to the middle or lower class lifestyle.

Some can pull it off, some can't. I don't think the voters expect it, but when we see BS attempts we call it out.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:51 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Barbecue food is repulsive, but average every day Americans like stuffing their meat with trash and dripping their food in sauce and frying chocolate.

It's beyond repulsive, but this is our 'culture'.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:25 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Why would Biden or Mayor Pete be at a Bloomberg event ?

LOL!!!!! Wish I could rep you X100 for that one!

Old 01-08-2020, 03:46 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Ah, more folksy populist BS from the right. They managed to buy that W Bush was a man of the people because he talked in a folksy manner, and the Trump is a heroic warrior every-man. In both cases complete horse manure. What a bunch of fools.
As opposed to the "compassionate and caring" of Klintoon and Oblabla.

Old 01-08-2020, 04:09 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Barbecue food is repulsive, but average every day Americans like stuffing their meat with trash and dripping their food in sauce and frying chocolate.

It's beyond repulsive, but this is our 'culture'.
This is one of those situations where someone is casting judgement, but doesn't realize he is the one being judged.

Only an effete hates barbecue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies