Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 06:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,629,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That's an amazing Ad buy. Brought to you by house democrats and their hoax impeachment which coincidentally netted the campaign $10M in just 2 days. This will be just before the Iowa Caucus. Trump sure knows how to work the media to his favor.

It will be interesting to see what he says.

Trump Campaign Spends $10 Million On 60-Second Super Bowl Ad

Meanwhile, nobody is talking about the hapless Democrat candidates.
Note that Waldo doesn't say Bloomberg bought the same ad.

Nor that Bloomberg could easily take money from his own pocket which would be 3X what Trump can get from legal and illegal donations....and Bloomberg would not even notice the cash gone.

It sucks to be poor like Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 06:49 PM

25,468 posts, read 12,580,588 times
Go large or go home!

Old 01-07-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
It is a smart buy by Trump. There will be large groups of people listening to HIS narrative. Very smart. He has the money to spend.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...fac_story.html

"Bloomberg’s campaign said it purchased the ad at market rate, meaning it probably cost at least $10 million."

Let's at least admit that Bloomberg is actually a successful business person (with vast government experience) who is worth many 10's of billions and will gladly spend a lot of it. Not because he loves himself or is insecure but because he realizes the Danger of Trump.

But, hey, on the positive side for Republicans if a lot of people are dying and we are in a full fledged war Trump can always pull the War President BS.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:52 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
He is not one to waste money and he understands the vet fans at a game much better than nfl

Old 01-07-2020, 06:52 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
But I thought all you Trump followers said the NFL was going down the tubes and no one was watching...so how is it a good deal? So please explain. Were you wrong?
Got any proof that someone here said "no one was watching"?

Old 01-07-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Note that Waldo doesn't say Bloomberg bought the same ad.

Nor that Bloomberg could easily take money from his own pocket which would be 3X what Trump can get from legal and illegal donations....and Bloomberg would not even notice the cash gone.

It sucks to be poor like Trump.
I didn't mention it because I didn't know it at the time.

But here's the difference. At that point Bloomberg will have lost every Democrat primary up to Super Tuesday. Do you truly think he's going to take down Bernie or Biden?

I thought so.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I didn't mention it because I didn't know it at the time.

But here's the difference. At that point Bloomberg will have lost every Democrat primary up to Super Tuesday? Do you truly think he's going to take down Bernie or Biden?

I thought so.
Ross Perot knocked Daddy Bush out of office with some TV commercials.

We don't know Bloombergs intentions...but I suspect he won't just be pumping himself.....and, if you think Super Bowl watchers are discussing the primary vote count, I would respectfully disagree.

More likely they will be thinking about the wars and body counts and they and their kids getting called up.

Remember, none of the commercials are made yet,.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Ross Perot knocked Daddy Bush out of office ...
When was Perot President? And old man Bush was an idiot who rode into office on Reagan's coattails.

Epic Fail

Old 01-07-2020, 07:00 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,634,742 times
Quote:
Got any proof that someone here said "no one was watching"?
Got any proof you didn’t. Sticks tongue out.

Old 01-07-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:

But, hey, on the positive side for Republicans if a lot of people are dying and we are in a full fledged war Trump can always pull the War President BS.
Derangement sure isn't pretty. It's quite shameful for you to be wishing for people to be killed in order to settle a political vendetta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies