Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 10:55 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
New? My entire life, conservatives have constantly pummeled on San Francisco as a hopeless den of sin and debauchery that is a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, ripe for the judgment of God. My preacher even would preach that it was a sin to support the San Francisco 49ers or anything else that came out of "that wicked city." People in the church of course would talk about how they wished that God would simply send an earthquake to sink the city into the ocean.

I actually haven't been to San Francisco but I strongly doubt that it's anywhere as close to as bad as Fox News makes it out to be. Their biggest issue is that it's just prohibitively expensive to live there.
Wow, I'd never heard that before! I am a third generation native of San Francisco. The City has changed, and not for the better. There are too many people and a seemingly endless supply of people who want to move there. Real estate is horribly expensive and room rentals for $1500 are now 'sofa rentals' or 'closet rentals'. As a result people who were at one time able to pay rent in SF are now on the street. SRO's (single room occupancy hotels) once prevalent and home to many poor, disabled or elderly San Franciscans on small pensions are now gone, replaced with expensive condos. San Francisco has had a shortage of public restrooms for as long as I can remember and they did nothing about it until the City got made fun of internationally for "poop problem" so they are finally providing more public toilets which should result in people not having to resort to using the street.

The homeless are not 'city wide' they are basically confined to a few areas. I have family who live in San Francisco and I never see homeless people when I go to visit them.

I think the nutty rants about San Francisco picked up steam after Trump started talking about it, it seems we have a lot of sock puppets who run about in a frenzy ensuring that they carry out Dear Leader's message about what a failed city San Francisco is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 11:13 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Free needles? Do you even understand the purpose of needle exchanges? It's to reduce the transmission of HIV and hepatitis and it's been proven to work. But it's not a 'San Francisco thing' Twenty-eight states have needle exchange programs, including Kentucky, Ohio, North Carolina, Louisiana, North Dakota, Tennessee and Virginia
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/1139672001/

About that $950 threshold for felony theft, I guess you didn't bother looking into that either did you?

You would do well to spend some time looking into the causes of crime before opining about it
Yep, No problems in San Francisco, and every other place is just like it Guess the States that were in your attached article are doing right. Many of them Conservative. Guess San Francisco should follow their example on having a successful needle exchange program, as they obviously have it wrong. Unless, all the videos on how bad San Francisco are fake or just Conservative sources, which they're not.

Old 01-10-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
New? My entire life, conservatives have constantly pummeled on San Francisco as a hopeless den of sin and debauchery that is a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, ripe for the judgment of God. My preacher even would preach that it was a sin to support the San Francisco 49ers or anything else that came out of "that wicked city." People in the church of course would talk about how they wished that God would simply send an earthquake to sink the city into the ocean.

I actually haven't been to San Francisco but I strongly doubt that it's anywhere as close to as bad as Fox News makes it out to be. Their biggest issue is that it's just prohibitively expensive to live there.
"as bad as Fox News makes it out to be". So the Black cop and city worker, who were telling it like it is, were lying Conservatives? How about the Reporter they interviewed? Probably lying too?

Old 01-10-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, No problems in San Francisco, and every other place is just like it Guess the States that were in your attached article are doing right. Many of them Conservative. Guess San Francisco should follow their example on having a successful needle exchange program, as they obviously have it wrong.
San Francisco has problems, as does Dallas, Phoenix, Anchorage, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, St. Louis and most other cities that have experienced significant increases in the cost of housing. Maybe we could figure out what to do about it if we quit flipping off people who don't always vote like us and realized that the core issues go beyond political partisanship

Old 01-10-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
San Francisco has problems, as does Dallas, Phoenix, Anchorage, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, St. Louis and most other cities that have experienced significant increases in the cost of housing. Maybe we could figure out what to do about it if we quit flipping off people who don't always vote like us and realized that the core issues go beyond political partisanship
Well, when the locals of the same party are are saying there are major issues in SF, LA, and Seattle, and are blaming it on the policies of their leadership then it is beyond political partisanship.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, when the locals of the same party are are saying there are major issues in SF, LA, and Seattle, and are blaming it on the policies of their leadership then it is beyond political partisanship.
They do that everywhere, not just the 'liberal cities' that you named. When there's a local problem people blame the mayor, the sheriff, the city council, the board of supervisors and anyone else they can think of. I have never heard of Democrats not complaining because the mayor is also a democrat, that would be kind of weird, don't you agree?

Old 01-10-2020, 01:46 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
I think the nutty rants about San Francisco picked up steam after Trump started talking about it, it seems we have a lot of sock puppets who run about in a frenzy ensuring that they carry out Dear Leader's message about what a failed city San Francisco is.

Meanwhile, you would think Mississippi and Alabama should be the envy of the USA and the world if right-wing religious conservatism was the key to prosperity like Republicans insist it is. Those places are consistently at the bottom of every positive economic and quality-of-life metric and at the top of every negative list.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:40 PM

3,837 posts, read 1,786,202 times
I finally sat down to watch that 5 minute clip from Tucker Carlson, wow just shocking that San Fransisco literally isn't enforcing the law. Crime running rampant and drug dealers, homeless and thieves turned a beautiful place into a garbage city. That place needs real leadership and to be able to overturn the lawlessness going on there.

Thanks for the video Claymoore!

Old 01-10-2020, 06:48 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, you would think Mississippi and Alabama should be the envy of the USA and the world if right-wing religious conservatism was the key to prosperity like Republicans insist it is. Those places are consistently at the bottom of every positive economic and quality-of-life metric and at the top of every negative list.
Thank God for Mississippi!

Old 01-10-2020, 07:56 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I was disappointed in this five-day series. It was pretty much the same footage everyday. I would have preferred to see more residents' reactions as well as the city council members responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies