Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2020, 05:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
OP implies that all Americans want big vehicles. That simply isn't true. I see all kinds of small cars every day, some EV, some ICE... Fiat 500, Smart cars, Honda Fit, Mini Coopers, etc., etc. Enjoy your Camaro.
I have to agree I had use of an F150 after my Tacoma was in an accident. The truck drove beautifully. No complaints with quality or fuel efficiency. Parking the thing was like parking an aircraft carrier. I was happy to get my Tacoma back.

Tacoma quad cab is as big as I will ever go. Chevy Malibu is a nice car. Impala is the biggest I would go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 05:12 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
gee that's weird, GM earned $3.1 billion in profits in 2019...
GM sees the writing on the wall......By 2023 GM will have 20 electric vehicles on the market. GM is laying the foundation for an all-electric future with its new electric vehicle architecture and the largest collective EV charging network in the U.S. ... The entire General Motors lineup will eventually benefit from a variety of body styles that can be spun off this technology. Preproduction model shown.

https://www.gm.com/our-stories/techn...ic-future.html

General Motors is ending its relationship with gasoline and diesel.....Better buy your gas guzzlers while you still can.

https://www.wired.com/story/general-...-cars-plan-gm/

Old 01-08-2020, 05:13 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
links are allowed so I think TOS wasn't violated. What's not allowed is outright copy/paste without including a link to the original source.
I assumed that using the photo link button meant the link is embedded in the photo. Here is the link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ct/4396469002/

Old 01-08-2020, 05:15 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Like the Ford Transit. Stop attacking fossil fuels and trying to force Americans to purchase these small, uncomfortable and unsafe “Go Karts”! Mind your own business on what Americans want to buy. Stop being control freaks!

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/01/big...-sales-report/
Especially the ones who push leftist politicians. In my neighborhood if there’s a I’m With Her sign in the front yard there was usually a 6000 lbs SUV next to it. Here I am one of the few conservatives are around here driving efficient cars and trying to limit my emissions.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:20 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Lack of charging stations is one reason electric cars aren’t taking off. What do you do on a cross country trip with no place to charge for miles around? The Tesla is a nice car, but I prefer the extra leg and head room in an suv, plus room to take a 140 pound dog to the vet. Small cars don’t work for everyone.

If they want more people buying electric, they need to build bigger cars and trucks with towing capacity, reasonable price and charging stations everywhere.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Like the Ford Transit. Stop attacking fossil fuels and trying to force Americans to purchase these small, uncomfortable and unsafe “Go Karts”! Mind your own business on what Americans want to buy. Stop being control freaks!

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/01/big...-sales-report/
Isn't the big van market growing because of the home delivery business?

Old 01-08-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Isn't the big van market growing because of the home delivery business?
Absolutely, that's why..... https://qz.com/1712151/amazon-orders...livery-trucks/

Old 01-08-2020, 05:29 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
I desperately want a Miata.. light + rdw + manual + topless + steering feel = enjoyment

Old 01-08-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Lack of charging stations is one reason electric cars aren’t taking off. What do you do on a cross country trip with no place to charge for miles around? The Tesla is a nice car, but I prefer the extra leg and head room in an suv, plus room to take a 140 pound dog to the vet. Small cars don’t work for everyone.

If they want more people buying electric, they need to build bigger cars and trucks with towing capacity, reasonable price and charging stations everywhere.
Charging stations are not scarce, and there are more being built. Check the map below...As you zoom in more show up.

https://www.plugshare.com/

Also, how's this for towing capacity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFH...ature=emb_logo

Old 01-08-2020, 05:35 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post

The Prius does not plug in at all. The battery is charged by pushing the brake. I'm not sure how it works, but it's probably related to pushing the brake to start the car. There's a small graphic that's projected onto the windshield while driving showing battery vs gas use. Changing driving style can change the proportions.

I think that charging stations are good for purely electric cars, but if you could have dual battery and gas, why would you give up the back-up system. Hybrid is better, and in the world of hybrid, plugin stations are as obsolete as the VHS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies