Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 08:31 AM

5,169 posts, read 3,088,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It is the low information voters who make the false claim that "Before Trump won, nobody has ever heard of Russian collusion or involvement ... "

That is a classic example of low information.

If you agree with the claim you can count yourself in the bunch.
Yes of course, and you are the one you have been waiting for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 11:37 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Come on people. Do a little research. Just look at the age group that utilizes social media the least...this just happens to be the group that supports Trump. And go even further. Just look at what social media platforms are the most popular throughout the country. Most of Trumps support comes from the mid west and the south...which are some of the places that Facebook isn't the most popular, with the exception of the south.

I posted all this before with links, I'm not going to again. Just think, how can Facebook be so influential on a group that uses it the least ? It is just hilarious that we are still on this. HRC lost because she was an unlikable candidate, more so than Trump. And here we are in 2020, and the DNC seems to be supporting their most unlikable candidates again...
It's almost as if you don't realize he won by so few votes in certain important states.....or that you haven't watched the many documentaries which detail how FB targeted ONLY those particular demographics (fearful people, etc.) with the exact fear they most expressed (yes, FB knows what scares people)......

FB doesn't have to be "popular" with these population (although most everyone is on it these days) to swing a couple thousand votes. Add that to all the other disinformation and loudmouths and you have the swing.

You are actually trying to debate against known facts. FB has over 500 data points on YOU. They know you better than you know you. They know exactly how to micro-target you.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:52 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Wrong. Only the uninformed didn't know, so perhaps it was you that didn't know.

There were news reports, beginning with the hacking before the election and the widely reported Russian involvement in that.

This was shocking but not a total surprise to anyone who was aware of Russian meddling in European elections and social media for the ten years prior. Our national security apparatus was well informed and tracking and studying that activity, and news items were occasionally coming out which informed the general public.

On a separate line of activity, our national security had been monitoring Russian electronic traffic (as they also routinely monitor ours) and picked up numerous incidences of American citizens in that traffic. Not coincidentally, they were all connected to the Trump campaign.

NO OTHER CAMPAIGN MADE CONTACTS WITH THE RUSSIANS. None.

That's sixteen other Republican campaigns, five Democratic campaigns, the Libertarians, the Green Party and Evan McMullin's campaign. None of these 24 others had ANY contact with the Russian government or operatives, and the Trump campaign had over forty, with the chairman of the Trump campaign actually giving private Republican polling data for the states of Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin to a Russian operative.

There are of course, low information voters who know nothing of any of this and proclaim that it all came out only because Trump had won the election and this is some sort of sour grapes. Actually, if Trump had lost that election it is pretty likely he would be in court or jail right now for treasonous activity during the campaign, undermining the electoral process of our free sovereign republic.

The man is a traitor.

Now that “World War 3 is starting!” Has failed we are back “Trump stole the election thanks to helpnfrom the Russians!” I see

Old 01-09-2020, 11:54 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's almost as if you don't realize he won by so few votes in certain important states.....or that you haven't watched the many documentaries which detail how FB targeted ONLY those particular demographics (fearful people, etc.) with the exact fear they most expressed (yes, FB knows what scares people)......

FB doesn't have to be "popular" with these population (although most everyone is on it these days) to swing a couple thousand votes. Add that to all the other disinformation and loudmouths and you have the swing.

You are actually trying to debate against known facts. FB has over 500 data points on YOU. They know you better than you know you. They know exactly how to micro-target you.
Your candidate was a vile, repulsive hag with zero notable accomplishments and thought she was entitled to the presidency

That’s why she turned off mny voters. Nothing more

Also the hag had a social media campaign as well . One ddition to a Super Pac meant to defend her online

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correct_the_Record

Old 01-09-2020, 11:58 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Not hard considering FB is now a haven for elder crowds...

Old 01-09-2020, 12:06 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

I'm still not buying it. If you look at the list of swing states, they have the lowest percentage of FB users. Not to mention, the demographic that had the highest support for Trump is the absolute lowest demographic that uses FB.

I spend a lot of time in rural Michigan, which is solid red and the majority of people there could care less about social media, it's one of the few areas that you don't see people on their phones non stop.

I know for a fact it didn't sway my decision. Trump wasn't even my first choice...

You might not like it, and there are articles everywhere explaining how Trump one, but the most truthful statement is "Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did" ...like it or not. For one, most 2A supporters simply will not vote Democrat. A lot of these swing states have rural areas, and a lot of those areas are filled with 2A supporters.

Sure, did some of the propaganda sway some voters ? Of course, it will always happen, the amount of disinformation out there is huge, regardless of the subject matter. Do I believe the Russians and FB stole swayed this election...not one bit.

" 49 percent of those aged 30 to 49 felt warmly toward him and 60 percent of those aged 50 to 64 did, as did 56 percent of those over 65 years of age."

https://www.thoughtco.com/meet-the-p...larity-4068073

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-on-facebook/

https://www.internetworldstats.com/stats26.htm

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...2016-election/

Old 01-09-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Not hard considering FB is now a haven for elder crowds...
Not according to this

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-on-facebook/

Old 01-09-2020, 12:09 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I stand corrected

Old 01-09-2020, 12:11 PM

20,108 posts, read 9,018,880 times
I was gonna vote for Hillary until I got that call from Vlad.........

Old 01-09-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I was gonna vote for Hillary until I got that call from Vlad.........
Eff the call, I was hoping for an AK-47 and a case of Vodka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies