Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2020, 04:46 AM

12,030 posts, read 6,561,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I honestly feel for liberals and democrats. They have absolutely no one to root for. Perhaps some one will come save their day. Some one new.
I feel no pity for them —They’ve made their own bed by attracting nuts, anarchists, traitors, airhead celebrities, overly-tattooed gansta types, hardcore bigots and racists, misogynist rap musicians, illegals, Islamic terrorist supporters, MS-13, and triggered woketards as their base....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 04:50 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I feel no pity for them —They’ve made their own bed by attracting nuts, anarchists, traitors, airhead celebrities, overly-tattooed gansta types, hardcore bigots and racists, misogynist rap musicians, illegals, Islamic terrorist supporters, MS-13, and triggered woketards as their base....
And they plan to vote for open borders, higher taxes and less freedoms, because the DNC promises they'll get free stuff.

Old 01-10-2020, 04:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Tariffs are a tax on US consumers. Remember when conservatives were against regressive taxes?
Unfair tariffs also hurt the American worker; however, most liberals despise American workers.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:31 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That was so funny when Trump told everyone the size of Adam Schiff's neck and did the circle motion around the diameter, that is inventive comedy.
Trump and Ricky Gervais have the best sense of humor in world history, from what I've seen, but Gervais has an annoying laugh and unappealing voice somewhat.
If I had a big fat blubberneck like Trump's, I wouldn't be making fun of anyone else's neck size. Glass houses and all that.

https://catbox.moe/user/view.php#gallery-19

And, no, Trump does not have "the best sense of humor". You have to be able to laugh at yourself to have a sense of humor. The guy who tries to re-draw a hurricane's track rather than admit he made a simple mistake does not have the ability to laugh at himself.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:41 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Trump's first 2020 rally last night was rambling and disjointed, full of hate for those who have different ideas and opinions than he and for those of course who favor facts and truths. It, as always, was packed with false and misleading assertions.

LET'S DO A LITLE QUICK FACT CHECKING ON JUST A FEW OF HIS RALLY STATEMENTS REGARDING OHIO LAST NIGHT. WE'LL LEAVE THE REPETITIVE LIES REGARDING THE UNITED STATES AND OUR SECURITY AND ALL OF THE THINLY VEILED INNUENDO NAME CALLING AND PERSONAL GRIEVANCES OUT AS THEY WERE THE USUAL LITANY...BELIEVE ME

Trump: "Ohio just had the best year economically in the history of your state.”

Fact: Both job growth and wages in Ohio have lagged the nation. Ohio's unemployment rate has been higher than the national average for several years. According to statistics this was not Ohio's best year. It is among the 10 states with the highest unemployment in the country. The state lost 4,400 jobs last year through November and shed 2,200 manufacturing jobs over the previous year.

Trump: "We brought a lot of car companies into Ohio, you know that."

Fact: Trump isn't bringing new automakers into Ohio. No new car companies. Some pre-existing car companies have "promised" to add some jobs.

Trump: "The steel industry was dead and now its vibrant".

Fact: He cited a few success stories but overall the news for Ohio steelmakers has not been good. Several plants have closed and more are slated for closure.

Trump
: In yet another one of those why lie about this lies: Trump said that his supporters were waiting in sub zero temperatures outside the Huntington Center in Toledo Ohio for hours and days.

Fact: Truth be told it was 46 degrees and some people were seen in shorts.

At one point, he said that he was viewed more positively than Abraham Lincoln.

I repeat: Just another bombastic bazaar where truth took a beating! Ohioans deserve better!
America deserves better!
Let's even the playing field here - I've got loads of links on Fact checking Obama's, Hillary's and other Democrat's comments - they all play the game that way. To put your head in the sand and think you have some sort of new revelation is ridiculous. You're wasting time and energy - time to put all that into being productive for all those homeless and illegals you all prefer to hard working Americans.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:41 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why the hell do people in Ohio love Trump so damned much? Do they simply love to be told by Trump what they want to hear, whether lies or not, and what little to nothing that results doesn't matter?
Across much of Ohio yes, they do love him, as the 2016 election results, massive rallies, and polling show. Toledo? I have lived in the region for my entire life. It is one of those cities that has been owned by the union bosses and the local Democrat party for an eternity. Corrupt "good old boy" politics abounds and that city will probably go blue until I am long gone from this world. However, that city is immediately surrounded by red voting counties. Even the few counties in the region that used to go predictably blue flipped in the last election. People here really love him. I think he will win here (everywhere except within the actual city limits of Toledo) by even wider margins than in 2016.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:50 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
The only reason Ohio and Michigan have voted blue in the past is because of the influence of the auto industry and the unions. But as someone who lived in Metro Detroit for years, I say those states are culturally and socially red, through and through. Unbelievably conservative. Always have been, always will be.

Doesn't surprise me in the least that a Trump rally is the hot ticket in Toledo or anywhere else in that region. Wouldn't expect anything else.
This is 100% true. I remember back in 1992 when my husband's employer required membership in the Teamsters Union. Before the Presidential election that year we received a letter in the mail from the Teamster leadership telling, not asking, us in no uncertain terms that we "had to" vote for Bill Clinton. They were even kind enough to include a large, gaudy "Clinton/Gore" bumper sticker. This was junk mail in our house, wouldn't have voted for that ticket in a million years. But that gives you some idea of the sway that the Democratic Party had over the unions back then.

It is still largely that way except that they have toned down the rhetoric and several of their members have developed a backbone and stopped voting blue just because the union bosses tell them to. I have seen many "Teamsters for Trump" bumper stickers and other merchandise in the region over the past few years and the election results tell the story. Cities like Toledo, Detroit, and Ann Arbor will always go blue but outside of those immediate jurisdictions things have really changed.

Old 01-10-2020, 06:00 AM

74 posts, read 36,183 times
This is so funny......I love it
Trump draws thousands and dem candidates are lucky to fill a local restaurant.
Huge win with the takedown of Sloeimani and weak response which shows the American people that appeasement does not work.
Liberals heads are exploding

Old 01-10-2020, 06:02 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Those are some weird looking sheep...
Sycophants and losers. Dems have them too.

Old 01-10-2020, 06:05 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post

It is still largely that way except that they have toned down the rhetoric and several of their members have developed a backbone and stopped voting blue just because the union bosses tell them to. I have seen many "Teamsters for Trump" bumper stickers and other merchandise in the region over the past few years and the election results tell the story. Cities like Toledo, Detroit, and Ann Arbor will always go blue but outside of those immediate jurisdictions things have really changed.
This doesn't surprise me in the least. As I said, the region is socially and culturally conservative. Incredibly so.

Odd, though, that they'd vote for Trump, a liberal "coastal elite," through and through, posing as a Republican, and who likely considers Detroit and Toledo a hinterland of "flyover country."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies