Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 08:32 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
She is my mother in law visiting from Ireland. We were watching the news, a clip featuring Trump

came on and she said that she hated that vile disgusting man and I asked her why. It was as simple as that. She is incredibly opinionated and at one time even wrote an angry letter addressed to Trump and sent it to the White House.

She is a typical Democrat that ingests the BBC CNN news like it is the gospel never questioning that there might actually be another side to that story, another angle. I was merely letting her know that there is another angle to the charge that Trump is a racist.

Don't worry I didn't convince her of anything. She still hates Trump with a passion but she doesn't really know why.
She probably dislikes him simply because he’s crass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 12:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Remember when "bullying" was a thing, back during the 2012 election? Then it just disappeared......
"Bullying" is still a thing but it doesn't seem to have been a thing in the news for a while, except as "harassment" or something similar.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:04 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Now that it's pretty apparent a white man will win the Democratic nomination, the Democrats and media are not really banging the sexism and racism drum much, eh? Don't you liberals ever get tired of being played?
I always see things about racism and sexism online. It must be the crowd you keep and the media you consume which makes you think that is not the case.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:47 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Now that it's pretty apparent a white man will win the Democratic nomination, the Democrats and media are not really banging the sexism and racism drum much....
CNN and huffpo report today:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berni...b650c621e32798

"Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) told Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) during a private meeting in 2018 that he didn’t think a woman could win the 2020 presidential election, four anonymous sources familiar with the exchange told CNN.

Monday’s CNN report was based on accounts from two people Warren spoke with soon after her December 2018 sit-down with Sanders and two other people familiar with the meeting, which the two senators held to discuss the possibility that they would both be running for the Democratic presidential nomination

After Warren told Sanders she believed that broad support from female voters would make her a strong competitor against President Donald Trump, Sanders allegedly responded that he did not believe a woman could win."

LOL. warren has taken off her gloves against "sexist" Bernie.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:01 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,086,102 times
Quote:
Now that it's pretty apparent a white man will win the Democratic nomination, the Democrats and media are not really banging the sexism and racism drum much, eh? Don't you liberals ever get tired of being played?
It was always bull**** that's why. To those of us that aren't blinded by the your team vs my team political propaganda, this was obvious from the very start.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:49 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
I can't without a doubt say he's a racist but it doesn't change the fact he's a horrible human being who has had a history of objectifying females. I don't think that has changed either..it's just not as obvious as it was in the past.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:29 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
World War 3 might breakout soon and it gives leftists something to meme about

Old 01-14-2020, 01:02 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I can't without a doubt say he's a racist but it doesn't change the fact he's a horrible human being who has had a history of objectifying females. I don't think that has changed either..it's just not as obvious as it was in the past.
Or they stole $2M from his private cancer 'charity'

Made fun of a reporter with a disability and mocked him

Called Mexicans "Not sending their best and cause crime and bring drugs" But SOME are good.

Called African Countries "****hole Countries" when most African countries are nicer than Mississippi and Alabama.

Cheated on Melania with that hooker.

Was reportedly 'Very close friends' (In Trump's words) with Jeffrey Epstein for over 15 years. hmm...

Said about his baby daughter, Tiffany, 'Hope she has a nice rack'

Called his Daughter Ivanka 'Hot'

Told Billy Bush he grabbed her by the *****. Whoever her was.

Told a reporter "I like them at 15!"

Picked a VP who supported the use of conversion camps

Called Warren "Pocahontas" and mocked that... in front of a Native American tribe. Who took much offense to that.

During the racial attacks at Charlottesville, said both sides were at fault.

... Its late, and I dont have time to post more. But yeah great president.

Also to all you rednecks: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...79075240238521

Old 01-14-2020, 07:16 AM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Or they stole $2M from his private cancer 'charity'

Made fun of a reporter with a disability and mocked him

Called Mexicans "Not sending their best and cause crime and bring drugs" But SOME are good.

Called African Countries "****hole Countries" when most African countries are nicer than Mississippi and Alabama.

Cheated on Melania with that hooker.

Was reportedly 'Very close friends' (In Trump's words) with Jeffrey Epstein for over 15 years. hmm...

Said about his baby daughter, Tiffany, 'Hope she has a nice rack'

Called his Daughter Ivanka 'Hot'

Told Billy Bush he grabbed her by the *****. Whoever her was.

Told a reporter "I like them at 15!"

Picked a VP who supported the use of conversion camps

Called Warren "Pocahontas" and mocked that... in front of a Native American tribe. Who took much offense to that.

During the racial attacks at Charlottesville, said both sides were at fault.

... Its late, and I dont have time to post more. But yeah great president.

Also to all you rednecks: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...79075240238521
This is not another bash Trump thread. There are plenty of those out there for you to get your kicks from.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:48 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Well I hope you learned what the world thinks of mrT - I’m sure many outside our homeland have the same views. I also think she probably is up on her history when the Irish were the hated ones. 2- she too be an immigrant, but as a mil- I can see why she’d keep her mouth shut around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies