Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 06:40 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

Now that it's pretty apparent a white man will win the Democratic nomination, the Democrats and media are not really banging the sexism and racism drum much, eh? Don't you liberals ever get tired of being played?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 06:51 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Since you can see the future can you give me the winning lottery numbers too?

Old 01-10-2020, 07:17 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
The Left has done its damage and is now moving on to attack Trump in other ways.

My mother in law is visiting from Ireland and she is no Trump fan. Last night we were watching the news and a photo of Trump was shown and she said he was a racist. I asked her why she thinks that and she didn't have an answer. I said he was a friend of everyone for decades until the day he won the election and suddenly he was a racist wanna be Hitler that hates everyone. She then said well he said some bad things about people. I asked who and added that he did say that Mexico wasn't sending their best and brightest which is true and she agreed. She also didn't want to talk about it anymore but she still thinks he is a horrible, gross racist jerk. Oh well.

The Left has abandoned the racist sexist angle because they realized it wasn't working as well as they hoped to sap Trumps base. The people that hate him will always hate him and the people that support will keep supporting him if only to block the ridiculous Democrats from getting more power.

Identity politics at its worst.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:30 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Left has done its damage and is now moving on to attack Trump in other ways.

My mother in law is visiting from Ireland and she is no Trump fan. Last night we were watching the news and a photo of Trump was shown and she said he was a racist. I asked her why she thinks that and she didn't have an answer. I said he was a friend of everyone for decades until the day he won the election and suddenly he was a racist wanna be Hitler that hates everyone. She then said well he said some bad things about people. I asked who and added that he did say that Mexico wasn't sending their best and brightest which is true and she agreed. She also didn't want to talk about it anymore but she still thinks he is a horrible, gross racist jerk. Oh well.

The Left has abandoned the racist sexist angle because they realized it wasn't working as well as they hoped to sap Trumps base. The people that hate him will always hate him and the people that support will keep supporting him if only to block the ridiculous Democrats from getting more power.

Every leftist I know does this when presented with facts.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:53 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Now that it's pretty apparent a white man will win the Democratic nomination, the Democrats and media are not really banging the sexism and racism drum much, eh? Don't you liberals ever get tired of being played?
This is one of the craziest conspiracy theories I have heard in a while.

You probably actually believe what your wrote......

Old 01-10-2020, 10:57 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Real ballsy move questioning your mom on exact quotes on things she's got a passing familiarity with. We're on here pointing out all the racist things Trump has said and done, so why do you need your mother to repeat that back to you. Your mother is spot on even if she doesn't have all the facts committed to memory, like it's a knock on her.

Old 01-10-2020, 11:01 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
i guess banging that particular drum got a wee bit uncomfortable lately

Old 01-10-2020, 11:03 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Real ballsy move questioning your mom on exact quotes on things she's got a passing familiarity with. We're on here pointing out all the racist things Trump has said and done, so why do you need your mother to repeat that back to you. Your mother is spot on even if she doesn't have all the facts committed to memory, like it's a knock on her.
mother in law

Old 01-10-2020, 11:13 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Given the nature of the swing states it might do the Democrats well to choose class politics over identity politics.

The fact the Democrats have had a nominee that is white never stopped them in the past from tackling racism.

Old 01-10-2020, 11:23 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Every leftist I know does this when presented with facts.
"A fact to a Liberal/Lefty is like Kryptonite to Superman."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies