Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 08:39 AM

5,052 posts, read 2,979,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I hope it's crony business model can weather the bad press.
Indeed, when I ran a small business they used their corporate leverage to steal $60K from me. As far as I’m concerned they are run by dishonest, evil people, have zero ethics, and can go to hell. This latest 737 Max fiasco is Karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 08:41 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,403,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
One could go through the emails of any company or organization and find similar comments from disgruntled employees, losers who did not get the promotion they did not deserve, whiners who resist corporate change, and slackers. Unless there is proof, it is best to assume that this is all we are looking at here.
Yeah but; how many of those corporations or companies have their "toasters" crashing and killing hundreds of people?

Old 01-10-2020, 08:51 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,912,310 times
Its pretty disheartening to see the crown jewel of American manufacturing and engineering prowess going down this road. It is also a strong argument for government regulation and enforcement. We all know that business will pollute our air and water for profit if given a chance but planes falling from the sky is beyond the pale.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:55 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,557,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
One could go through the emails of any company or organization and find similar comments from disgruntled employees, losers who did not get the promotion they did not deserve, whiners who resist corporate change, and slackers. Unless there is proof, it is best to assume that this is all we are looking at here.
Tough to argue that internal documents showing Boeing employees questioning the safety of a plane that subsequently killed 400 +/- people is irrelevant, but I give you an "A" for effort.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:57 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,449,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Certain posters like to decry the veracity of any media source presented to them, yet never ever ever share what media sources they deem trustworthy, despite being repeatedly and directly asked.
Since you were responding to my post and not directly to me, then I assume you are speaking about someone else. I won't comment on your issues with others, but you certainly do seem to have a lot of them.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:59 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,449,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Tough to argue that internal documents showing Boeing employees questioning the safety of a plane that subsequently killed 400 +/- people is irrelevant, but I give you an "A" for effort.
How do you know they show that? Because some media hack told you? GAWD you are so predictable. Already you are judge jury and executioner because a crank cherry picks a few documents to support a per-determined narrative.

They love you for it. You are exactly their fodder.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:03 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,557,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How do you know they show that? Because some media hack told you? GAWD you are so predictable. Already you are judge jury and executioner because a crank cherry picks a few documents to support a per-determined narrative.

So what sources do you trust? Or is your holier-than-thou attitude simply a facade to provide cover for the fact that you buy into the most nonsensical of tripe that even you are too embarrassed to disclose?

Old 01-10-2020, 09:15 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,380,657 times
It's also a sad fact that many corporations in many industries have how ever stories like this about them!

Old 01-10-2020, 09:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times
Quote:

Seriously folks are curious about your sources for your information.

I would think you would be happy to share it given that you think all of their sources aren't reliable.

This isn't an attack - it's an honest to goodness request. I would be interested in knowing your sources.

And on this particular topic do you have a source that contradicts the latest claims about the Boeing and the 737. I'd appreciate it if you shared it.

Old 01-10-2020, 01:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,603,180 times
Quote:
GAWD. Look at who you linked. They are all parroting each other. If anything else, this tells me the truth is really somewhere else.
The truth is known by most who are close to Boeing.

It was an engineering company run by engineers. After the purchase of MD and in modern times it because a company of "whoever we can get cheap" run by bean counters for the benefit of stockholders.

Do you also discount the statements from major customers of Boeing that the Dreamliners coming out of the SC plant are "unacceptable"?

These are Boeings own surveys - as well as statements from Aviation Industry insiders and professionals. This is the SC paper:
https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...afccd055e.html

"KLM noted several issues, including a loose seat, missing or wrongly installed cotter pins, nuts not fully tightened, an unsecured fuel line clamp and several unspecified missing parts.

“Who looks at quality in this facility,” KLM asked, adding the airline “is worried for the next deliveries.”

Former Boeing Manager won't get on one..."built in SC".....
https://bigthink.com/politics-curren...-safety-issues

"John Barnett worked as a quality manager at Boeing for three decades, but recently left the company due, in part, to his concerns over issues in the production of the 787 Dreamliner."

"Barnett said he would "change flights before I would fly a 787. I've told my family — please don't fly a 787."

""They started pressuring us to not document defects," said Barnett, "to work outside the procedures, to allow defective material to be installed without being corrected. They started bypassing procedures and not maintaining configurement control of airplanes, not maintaining control of non-conforming parts — they just wanted to get the planes pushed out the door and make the cash register ring."

It's hard to imagine that a Human Being would instruct others to not document defects on such a machine. But the evidence is not only witnessed by many, it's evident in the finished product.

If I get on a Dreamliner I'm going to make sure it's produced in Washington State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies