Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 08:41 AM

29,517 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

I totally understand why the teacher did what he did.

Not only being antagonized by some young punk with a chip on his shoulder in front of other students, but being called a racial slur.

And, of course, the punk's parents still want to press charges even though the teen himself said his airway was not restricted and he wasn't injured.

https://us.yahoo.com/gma/teacher-cha...opstories.html

Quote:
A teacher in Florida is facing a charge of simple battery, after cellphone footage taken during class showed him lifting a 14-year-old student out of his desk and shoving him out of the classroom.

The incident occurred Tuesday at Buddy Taylor Middle School in Palm Coast, Florida, according to the Flagler County Sheriff's Office.

Jeffrey Paffumi, 47, said that the student was "being disobedient" and had "refused to turn down his music when asked to," according to the charging document. The teacher, who's been with the district since 2005, said that when he attempted to pause the student's music, the teen "slapped his hand away and turned the music back on."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 09:16 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I totally understand why the teacher did what he did.

Not only being antagonized by some young punk with a chip on his shoulder in front of other students, but being called a racial slur.

And, of course, the punk's parents still want to press charges even though the teen himself said his airway was not restricted and he wasn't injured.

https://us.yahoo.com/gma/teacher-cha...opstories.html
So the 'child' won't turn down the loud music, cusses at the teacher, calls him a racial slur, won't leave and the teacher gets arrested because he did the only thing he could do to remove the 'student' from the classroom? It's a good thing it was a man, a woman might have been attacked. I live in Florida, and know many teachers and how disruptive students are coddled. There is a far greater chance of a teacher being physically injured than a student. If the teacher is totally exonerated and the teen punished, the teacher will have a permanent record of all charges and accusations in their record. It's why many parents put their kids in private schools, where the kids want to learn and they will have less distractions and more discipline.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:36 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
This is nothing. Some teachers have spanked students. In some states like Mississippi, they do that.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:40 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,749,653 times
I'm shocked at the races of those involved.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I'm shocked at the races of those involved.
I'd prefer sarcasm be kept to a minimum. We know this was a Black kid involved. It isn't funny to me at all. I don't want this to turn into "let's complain about Black people".

Old 01-10-2020, 10:36 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Ok so the "rights" of the kid may have been violated but what about the Rights of the rest of the kids in the class room that might have actually wanted to learn something that day?

The kid had zero respect for himself, the teacher and the other kids in the class.

What was the teacher to do, call the school police? and the results are similar? Call the real cops and they arrest the kid?

I guess the teacher should have just ripped up the lesson plan and let the kid DJ a dance party for the rest of the class.

At least then the teacher wouldn't be facing prosecution and losing his job.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:39 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Frankly I don't see a whole lot wrong with what he did. He ejected a disruptive student from his class with the minimum level of physicality necessary. Kid had it coming.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:45 AM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Common sense has gone out the window.

The parents expect teachers to work miracle wonders, with the results of their kid's awful behavior after years of sh*tty parenting. LOL

I mean, teachers are not only severely underpaid, but also at risk of being arrested and sued due to their bratty kids lack of respect in the classroom.

Yikes.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:47 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times
This sort of stuff makes me laugh whenever anyone implies teachers are overpaid.

They deserve combat pay.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:53 AM

A disruptive student being ejected from the classroom, oh well. You reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies