Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 10:50 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Maybe those women should keep their barn doors shut!

You miss the point that in this matter either BOTH should have equal say and equal responsibility or not!

You want the woman to have all the say and the man to have all the responsibility though.
The equality and responsibility comes when they decided to engage in sexual intercourse. Do it or dont do it, be responsible for your own contraception or not.

How can one have equal say over another persons body? They are two distinctly separate persons. Can you be equally pregnant, do you equally share the risks and changes in bodies, do you equally share the birth? Do you equally lose work, education, alienate family, burden others. If you do that then sure BOTH should have equal say about what happens.

Think about how many single men who were against a pregnancy actually pay child support, much less parent. Not many. 38% of CS awarded where they were never married. Of 100% of child support awarded only 41% of non custodial parents pay.

How many men do think want the baby, are willing to marry the mother and commit to being a father yet the mother aborts anyway? And please actually research it a bit. The linked article in the OP will even give you an indication.

Last edited by 2mares; 01-17-2020 at 11:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 11:28 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Are you saying men should have no rights to their children. No say in their naming, upbringing, no visitation or parental rights since the child is the woman's responsibility? No father in any child's life.
I'm guessing you weren't following the conversation or you have comprehension problems...go back and try again!

Old 01-17-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I'm guessing you weren't following the conversation or you have comprehension problems...go back and try again!
Or you could just clarify instead of trying to insult me.
You say, I assume, that because women have the right to make decisions about her own body, specifically to abort or carry a pregnancy to term and the man who impregnated her does not then she is or should be 100% responsible for her decision. I'm assuming you mean to financially support the child should she choose to keep it.
Is this correct?
And if that is so 100% responsible should mean having 100% parental rights with men having no parental rights. Parental rights include naming, decision making, parenting, etc.
You cant have it both ways.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:19 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
To those who "disagree" with child support--when you lobby politicians asking them to eradicate child support laws because it's "not fair" that a woman can choose abortion or to continue a pregnancy, what has the general response been? Just curious.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:27 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Or you could just clarify instead of trying to insult me.
You say, I assume, that because women have the right to make decisions about her own body, specifically to abort or carry a pregnancy to term and the man who impregnated her does not then she is or should be 100% responsible for her decision. I'm assuming you mean to financially support the child should she choose to keep it.
Is this correct?
And if that is so 100% responsible should mean having 100% parental rights with men having no parental rights. Parental rights include naming, decision making, parenting, etc.
You cant have it both ways.
I'm not going back through an entire discussion because you're too lazy! It's on you for taking one comment out of context and assuming what it means...

Old 01-17-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I'm not going back through an entire discussion because you're too lazy! It's on you for taking one comment out of context and assuming what it means...
So is that a yes or a no?
Or you dug yourself a hole and cant get out.

Old 01-17-2020, 05:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about what teens do and don't know. A young woman (with a uterus!) was surprised during a discussion in my colleague's classroom about how fetuses got their nourishment. She didn't know what the belly button is for and didn't know about umbilical cords. When the teacher asked her how she had thought that fetuses get their food, the girl--a junior probably aged 17, replied, "I thought the baby just reached up and got food from their mama's stomach, you know, like a french fry." I have talked to students who were in the room at the time and witnessed the conversation, so it was verifiable. There are people of reproductive age with organs that they don't even know that they have or what they do. It's a chilling thought on many, many levels.
Quote:
Yeah, right. Like that is the typical teen. Sounds like this particular girl had some learning disorder or was messing with the teacher.

Having been a teen and having been around teens for many, many years I confident that they know what a fetus is and what abortion is.
My guess with this feeding stuff is that the teen girl never thought about how a fetus ate before. I don't know if I knew all that stuff as a jr. in high school, either.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The fact is that a properly performed abortion is safer than carrying a pregnancy to term. Look it up for yourself. So yes, that is how a kid should answer that question on a test. Because that’s what the statistics show.

No one here believes that you oppose abortion because abortion is more dangerous than carrying to term.
No that poster doesn't. They oppose abortion due to a religious argument.

Old 01-18-2020, 06:02 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No that poster doesn't. They oppose abortion due to a religious argument.
I'm not religious. I'm not a man. I didn't vote for Trump.

Got it? GOOD. Mind blown? Yes... and can YOU move on already? /eyeroll/

The question I posed was If a religious STUDENT was asked a question about abortion as being a wonderful option for women in a SEX ED class ... how would they be graded? Since sex ed is essentially teaching LGBT + abortion ... as a pro-sex ed poster defined it.

Because LGBT + abortion are political issues. That have nothing to do with health and biology. Which is why .. sex ed.

Old 01-18-2020, 06:10 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies