Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 07:02 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
There is no such thing as a middle or moderate anymore, the left is in all out assault against the Constitution and rights unless its about an abortion and letting them happen at birth now in some instances.
I'm a total moderate. In fact if YOU believe it is only the left dumping on the Constitution, take a look at who is avoiding subpoenas to Congress.. There be a whole lotta Constitutional crapping going on in the Grand 'ol Party! Most of the far right folks seem to be all on board with executive privilege from oversight!!

You think it's one sided? Bwahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 08:52 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yeah, I am very, very much a #2, but I do have a right lean. It’s all kinds of fun, pretty much everyone gets aggravated with you at some point.
Sorry I don't see you as a moderate though. I do appreciate you being a moderator. It's a tough job and we should all be grateful to you for that.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:01 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
The word "moderate" is considerably overused and often misused.

As to me, when it comes to left vs right, I'm somewhere pretty close to the middle though these days ever so slightly to the right. I guess you could call that "moderate".

When it comes to authoritarian vs libertarian however, I'm nowhere near the middle and that's why I can't stand most Democrats and Republicans, they are both FAR too authoritarian for my taste with the Democrats these days usually being worse than Republicans...but not always.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:13 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The right hates all of the Constitution except for the Second Amendment. Republicans would prefer the Bible be the supreme governing document ruling the US.
You're talking about a very select group of people. Most moderate and conservative Democrats and those that call themselves liberal or moderate Republicans are not into the bible. We are looking to regain some sense of ethics and morals in society. We are the moderates.

I'm pro-abortion but don't believe that it should be used as birth control. I'm for immigration as long as they immigrate within the confines of the laws we have. I have no problems with gay marriage. What I don't want are issues shoved down my throat as everyone claims to be a victim and do not take responsibility for their own actions.

Your moderates are the ones that got Trump elected. It wasn't the bible thumpers. Sway too far left and you lose us - no matter the party

Old 01-11-2020, 09:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You're talking about a very select group of people. Most moderate and conservative Democrats and those that call themselves liberal or moderate Republicans are not into the bible. We are looking to regain some sense of ethics and morals in society. We are the moderates.

I'm pro-abortion but don't believe that it should be used as birth control. I'm for immigration as long as they immigrate within the confines of the laws we have. I have no problems with gay marriage. What I don't want are issues shoved down my throat as everyone claims to be a victim and do not take responsibility for their own actions.

Your moderates are the ones that got Trump elected. It wasn't the bible thumpers. Sway too far left and you lose us - no matter the party
lol you wont find ethics and morals in government.

And yes, it was the Independents who elected Trump. That's who elects politicians, Independents.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:25 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Sorry I don't see you as a moderate though. I do appreciate you being a moderator. It's a tough job and we should all be grateful to you for that.
Thanks for the comment about moderating, it is nice of you to say that.

As far as being a moderate, I do tend to lean pretty right on many things but there are some things where I look mighty left.
  • I am 100% pro-choice up until 20 weeks gestation.
  • I strongly believe we have a moral obligation to caretake for our Earth.
  • I am rabidly against charter schools or school vouchers. You want something other than the standard public education then you need to pay for it yourself.
  • I support SSM. I also support legalizing polygamy and adult relatives marrying if they can no longer reproduce. (I don’t support forcing someone who is not employed by the government to make a cake or otherwise benignly participate in any marriage ceremony)
  • I think our country needs to go to 100% free breakfast and lunches in schools.
  • I think all vaccines, birth control, and a very basic yearly checkup should be provided by public health to every American.
  • I strongly support prescription drug price controls.
  • I am not against single payer healthcare reform.
  • I see the value of UBI, provided it is not income dependent.
So, while I am not a middle of road moderate, I am a person with strong feeling about issues that traditionally belong on different sides of the political spectrum. That, makes me the OP’s #2 kind of moderate.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:28 PM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
I didn't say you'd see ethics and morals in gov't but want a society where there are ethics and morals and unfortunately - the liberals do not provide that - instead they are destroying those things.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:33 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
There are two types of people in the world: those who believe there are two types of people, and those who don't.

Nobody is average.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:41 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I like being devils advocate.

In theory I’d lean right. But the GOP of today is trash. They need to focus less on social subjects (let the gays marry, it’s a woman’s body, etc because conservatives are supposed to be about the government not controlling people) and actually practice fiscally conservative values.
I was beginning to think I was the only person who felt this way. Glad I'm not along anymore.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:43 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
And neither type of moderate is going to vote for Bernie, or Elizabeth Warren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies