Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 10:31 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Stephen King and fellow novelist Don Winslow challenge Trump admin to hold press briefing and offer to pay $200K to Trumps press secretary (Stephanie Grissham)charity if they agree. Its been a record for the time between press conferences, over 300 days an counting.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...press-briefing

Is the quote from Stephen King? It is kinda funny that he chooses such a Gothic font.

The press briefings were stopped because the media was just reporting what they wanted from them to advance their narrative so why keep having them?

If King is concerned why does he just attend a Trump rally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 10:34 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,931,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Is the quote from Stephen King? It is kinda funny that he chooses such a Gothic font.

The press briefings were stopped because the media was just reporting what they wanted from them to advance their narrative so why keep having them?

If King is concerned why does he just attend a Trump rally?
Maybe they should have a press briefing explaining why they stopped the press briefings?

From that piece:

Quote:
Grisham did not respond directly to the challenge, but told CNN’s Jake Tapper: “If you have $200,000 to play with, why not just help children because it’s a good thing to do? Donations to charity should never come with strings attached.”

Winslow responded: “First, we both regularly donate to charity. Second, why do all Trump officials refuse to answer the most basic questions they are asked? Stop evading, Stephanie. Let’s try again: Why have you not held any White House press briefings for over 300 days? What are you afraid of?”

As yet, Grisham has not explained her reasoning.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:36 AM

8,387 posts, read 4,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
why would President Trump waste his time with the media?

Trump lies.

The media tries to get at the truth.

They don't mix well.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:38 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Maybe if the media would act professionally, we could have press briefings again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The media act like clowns, and get treated as such by Trump and the White House. They don't report the news. They twist and contort it to fit their predefined agenda and narratives. Fox Snooze is just as guilty. This is not how the media behaved 40 years ago. They allowed the viewer a chance to decide what the events of the day mean. Now they are on air live, chewing it up and spitting it down our throats, because they think we are too stupid to decide for ourselves. Disgusting what a monster the news media has morphed into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
why would President Trump waste his time with the media?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
No chance they can act like professional journalists, so screw them.
So yall are ok with someone making $174,000 a year being paid by tax payer money to do nothing? Interesting!

Old 01-11-2020, 10:40 AM

30,398 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Stephen King and fellow novelist Don Winslow challenge Trump admin to hold press briefing and offer to pay $200K to Trumps press secretary (Stephanie Grissham)charity if they agree. Its been a record for the time between press conferences, over 300 days an counting.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...press-briefing
I hope Trump doesn't hold anther press briefing for those lying swine for the next 5 years of his Presidency...those lying media bastards don't deserve it.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:43 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There is no press secretary and there are no press briefings. There is only a crazy old overweight guy ranting in his driveway. Waiting for him to show up in a bathrobe and slippers, but with perfectly coiffed hair and full makeup.
I wouldn’t call Michael Moore’s hair perfect. I don’t think he showers. Cheap azz $200k offer.

Last edited by Leona Valley; 01-11-2020 at 10:52 AM..

Old 01-11-2020, 10:48 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,931,574 times
Quote:
There is no press secretary and there are no press briefings. There is only a crazy old overweight guy ranting in his driveway. Waiting for him to show up in a bathrobe and slippers, but with perfectly coiffed hair and full makeup.
"You kids get off my lawn!"

Old 01-11-2020, 10:53 AM

25,781 posts, read 12,849,279 times
Quote:
He should be able to stand up and answer the tough questions like Bush and Obama rather than hiding behind Twitter. He could at least send out Grisham for an hour every few months, what are they afraid of. Much tougher situations the prior two administrations, he needs to come forward like other presidents.
When ALL the questions are loaded like "when did you stop beating your wife?", Trump just said "the heck with them, they're not worth my time". I'm glad he ditched them. They don't deserve the airtime.

I hope there isnt another briefing while he's in office. The media are scum, swamp creatures. Fox included.

The OneAmerica News Network is about to enter the American consciousness. This is going to re-set the mainstream media, and Fox News too. Fox news will look left of center compared to OAN.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:18 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
When ALL the questions are loaded like "when did you stop beating your wife?", Trump just said "the heck with them, they're not worth my time". I'm glad he ditched them. They don't deserve the airtime.

I hope there isnt another briefing while he's in office. The media are scum, swamp creatures. Fox included.

The OneAmerica News Network is about to enter the American consciousness. This is going to re-set the mainstream media, and Fox News too. Fox news will look left of center compared to OAN.
Well i would say that recent events in Iraq would be deserving of a press conference, rather than Grisham and trump just sending out tweets.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:32 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,123,382 times
Quote:
Ok--have it your way. The evidence is that there is no press secretary and there are no press briefings. Kind of hypocritical to insult me for insulting Trump. Throwing in one or two examples, which are basically Trump sending his cabinet out to lie is not evidence.
So, basically, having press briefings don't qualify as press briefings because you think he's sending people out to lie so they don't count yet no matter how much evidence they share you will still call a lie and therefore no press briefing will fill your definition of a press briefing...did I follow that correctly? LOL Circular logic...or circular LACK of logic! GEESH you people crack me up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies