Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 08:34 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...embassies-and/
Prior to Benghazi, were there 13 attacks on embassies and 60 deaths under President George W. Bush?
Why is it always Obama that Trump supporters compare him too?
Thank goodness! That totally excused Obama!!! I was worried a little.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Retired United States Marine and Benghazi annex team member Mark Geist speaks out.
Quote:
“I fought to defend the American diplomatic post and CIA annex in Benghazi for more than 13 hours against a determined, organized assault by dozens of Al Qaeda fanatics armed with belt-fed machine guns, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, and heavy mortars.
....My team and I were told to “stand down” no fewer than three times in the face of what the media later called “protesters” — even as Americans, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, were being killed and maimed by the terrorists. No U.S. military reaction force was sent, despite our numerous requests for help. Only by our own tenacity and courage were more than 30 Americans able to escape with our lives.

The Obama administration’s mishandling of this attack — which resulted in the first murder of a U.S. ambassador in the line of duty since the 1970s — was a far cry from the Trump administration’s decisive response to threats against our embassy in Iraq
.....Compare that to the recent attack on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad. When Iran-backed militias and their supporters stormed the embassy grounds and Iraqi forces refused to do their duty to defend American lives and property,

President Trump reacted forcefully. In roughly the same amount of time it took to the Obama administration to get an unarmed American drone over our heads as we fought for our lives in Benghazi, more than 100 U.S. Marines were on the scene to defend the Baghdad embassy and two Apache helicopter gunships were in the air asserting American sovereignty.”

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mark...-benghazi-team
Every point in this posting is correct. Obama and Hillary should be on trial for the Benghazi debacle.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:37 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Nonsense. The demonstration in Baghdad was measured and coordinated by a well-regulated militia in a nation with a functioning government and against a highly fortified facility minutes from US troops. They were never in any real danger. The Benghazi demonstration was an out of control mob manipulated to commit murder.
I am so glad that people like you are on this board giving us the inside information regarding the plans of those protesters.

Only if they had you at Benghazi!!! So many lives could have been saved.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:38 AM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
And therein lies why Trump is the President and Hillary is not. I believe that Obama and Hills handing of the Benghazi assault and subsequent lies to the grieving families of the fallen and the American people was the defining decision for many on who was getting their vote.

Obama and Hilary played politics with peoples lives and lost.
Trump has his issues but it is comforting to think that he is the type of President that would act first and worry about the fallout later. There is no doubt that he would have sent in help on the first call for aide.

It was said of Teddy Roosevelt that he walked softly and carried a big stick which was what was needed back then while Trump stomps loudly and carries a big club and that is what America needs right now.

That is funny because I just described Trump as a caveman.
Trump won because there are people that will believe anything, like the point of this thread. Maybe you missed the 15 Benghazi hearings that missed out on all these facts that the Geist fantasy brings back to life.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The four Americans that were sacrificed in Benghazi were ALLOWED to die by Obama and Hillary because they knew about the illegal gun running to enemy terrorists in which the Administration was engaged. That's all.
That's not what the 11 Republican investigations into Benghazi found.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...embassies-and/
Prior to Benghazi, were there 13 attacks on embassies and 60 deaths under President George W. Bush?
Why is it always Obama that Trump supporters compare him too?
Maybe because Obama escalated over Bush. The lessor of 2 evils is evil.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's not what the 11 Republican investigations into Benghazi found.
Allowed to die? No.
But make no mistake about it, we were nation building and running guns to 1 side and the other side retaliated. That's called the truth. You should try it on for size. Or just become informed.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:30 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I am so glad that people like you are on this board giving us the inside information regarding the plans of those protesters.

Only if they had you at Benghazi!!! So many lives could have been saved.
The Benghazi whiners do not give chit about lives lost. Lives are lost every day. In wrecks caused by drunks, public areas being shot up by nuts, people who die because they cannot afford medical care. Not to mention young foreign civilians being shot by Navy Seals.

Were all Benghazi whiners insisting the congress give the security contract to American installations in foreign countries to the best bid, or like all government work, the cheapest.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
His narrative is not supported by the conclusions of the 10 investigations, including 6 Republican - controlled House investigations.

Now he’s speculating what Trump would have done.

He has books to sell and time slots on the speaker’s trail to fill.

Too bad the US does not learn that it does not make sense to pretend diplomatic relations in unfriendly areas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atta...tic_facilities

Old 01-11-2020, 09:49 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
You're damn skippy he should have. They were attacking American soil and our people. It hurts my heart whenever I think about our nation abandoning these guys and leaving them to die.

There are a few things that I always think about whenever I think about Obama:

1. His weak face - weak eyes

2. American men fighting on roofs in Benghazi, trying to hang on until reinforcements arrive and then trying to survive after they realized that reinforcements were not coming

3. If I like my doctor I can keep my doctor. Period.

4. American sailors on their knees with their hands behind their heads, and then Kerry thanking the Iranians for their treatment and release

5. James Taylors bald head singing You've Got a Friend (with Kerry standing beside him)

6. BP Agent Terry killed by a gun from Fast and Furious. There was only one way the US could track those guns - when they were used. On that day one of those guns was used to kill one of our border law enforcement officers

7. Giving a toast to the Queen while God Save the Queen was playing, and then stopping mid sentence once he realized that no-one else was standing with him.

8. Bowing from the waist to the Saudi king

9. Denigrating American citizens (who questioned the wisdom of bringing tens of thousands of unvetted refugees into the country) as being afraid of "women and orphans" during an international speech on the world stage

10. Admonishing the country for being racist. During a funeral service in Dallas. For five murdered law enforcement officers.

11. Inviting BLM to the WH

I've been reading for three solid years about how Trump is an embarrassment to the United States. To me, Obama was the embarrassment.

I didn't vote for Trump in 16 because he was a choir boy. I voted for him for many reasons - one of them being that I sensed he would handle international incidents in a different way than Obama did. I will be voting for him again this year.
Thanks for the reminder………..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies