Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 12:44 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No. That’s the best way to end any chance of regime change. American fingerprints on any anti regime movement is enough to draw accusations of being an American Puppet. And no movement that has American backing can gain traction in Iran.

You guys have gotta start looking past the end of your noses if you’re gonna discuss geopolitics. You’re hampered by the fact that you don’t realize just how bad the reputation of the United States is.
I agree. We need a proxy...like Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 12:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If Pompeo was smart, he’d shut his fat mouth. They don’t need his help.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I agree. We need a proxy...like Iraq.
The hand of the United States CAN NOT BE PRESENT IN IRAN under any conditions if you want regime change,

That means no proxies or any other crap.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:49 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Interesting. I mean, we should stay out of the ME and meddling but obviously that isn't happening in my lifetime. So if we're going around killing the number 2 in command and so forth, how about supporting Iranian protestors?
I'd use the Iranian regime's strategy against them. Don't directly support the Iranian protesters, but instead use bands of proxy groups to bolster their efforts. Let the proxy's be the front lines, and we support indirectly from the shadows with funding, intelligence, breathing masks, & small arms.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:51 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
But...but...I thought according to the Left, innocent Iran was attacked by evil Trump. Surely these Iranians are mistaken. Their government are the good guys including Soleimani and it’s Trump that is the bad guy.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:59 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If Pompeo was smart, he’d shut his fat mouth. They don’t need his help.
He is not doing anything except expressing an opinion.

I would bet the Iranians on the ground appreciate the support.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I'd use the Iranian regime's strategy against them. Don't directly support the Iranian protesters, but instead use bands of proxy groups to bolster their efforts. Let the proxy's be the front lines, and we support indirectly from the shadows with funding, intelligence, breathing masks, & small arms.
The Iranians will sniff it out in a millisecond. You can’t get anything past their Intel service. Our proxies would get caught and executed.

Back to square one. Stay out of Iran’s affairs.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He is not doing anything except expressing an opinion.

I would bet the Iranians on the ground appreciate the support.
You guys never see the bigger picture.

The Iranians are watching people like Pompeo. He’s the SecState. Any “opinion” expressed by him goes on their chalkboard, and they start looking for any subterfuge on his part. That means that any Iranian that the regime suspects MIGHT cooperate with American intelligence, will come under even more intense scrutiny. That gets dangerous because the Iranians will execute people on heavy suspicion alone. This is literally playing with people’s lives.

The Iranians “on the ground” don’t appreciate nor want Pompeo’s support. It’s too dangerous. And they know what you folks can’t seem to get thru your heads: any regime change has to be a purely Iranian operation. And it can’t have any American fingerprints on it.

When will you guys ever learn?

Old 01-11-2020, 01:12 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Interesting. I mean, we should stay out of the ME and meddling but obviously that isn't happening in my lifetime. So if we're going around killing the number 2 in command and so forth, how about supporting Iranian protestors?
IMO "supporting" Iranian protesters would mean that the regime can then dismiss them as american agents and crack down on them basically claiming that they're being fooled, paid or otherwise unpatriotically siding with the very country that overthrew their government 40 years ago and replaced it with a dictator.

I mean, let that sink in. We overthrew their elected president and installed a dictator. Frankly any Iranians siding with the US and being supported by the US....well put yourselves in their shoes...we'd be throwing them all in prison in this country.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:13 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Well, all I can is, "Iran, welcome to the club (about militarily downing a civilian aircraft).".

Now that you know what it is like, don't be so rightious when it happens to someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies