Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 09:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL see all posts below, including the OP. I know you have a reading and comprehension problem though so maybe you skipped them over. Every comment until I made mine other than gmagoo went with the fantasy that anyone other than white people are complaining about this:
not one peep in any of those posts about black people being the ones doing the whining.
jeez, talk about comprehension problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 10:32 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Yawn……just make it stop.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:49 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
not one peep in any of those posts about black people being the ones doing the whining.
jeez, talk about comprehension problems
Most of the whining is coming from virtue signaling and woke whites in elite sectors of the nation and is n academia and media. Only a small faction of vocal blacks are angry at the Oscars.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:52 AM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
It's time for a diversity tax to go along with the new wealth tax. Taxpayers would be required to file movie ticket stubs for diversity approved films along with their tax returns or face a diversity surcharge.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Once again a white author writes something about people of color and CD POC jumps to the conclusion that it is black people doing all the whining when you all are whining about something a white woman is whining about.

Only issues I've seen in black media/social media outlets in regards to the Oscars was the fact that Cynthia Erivo only got the nod because she played a slave since people who play slaves are typically the only black people nominated. Also Cynthia has said some rather demeaning things about African Americans - She is African, and African Americans are re-hashing how she shouldn't have been allowed to play our African American heroine Harriet Tubman (note I saw the film and feel she did a great job in the film).

But it is interesting to me how you all make up ish to complain about in regards to black people and POC. The author of this piece is white. The person who posted this thread is white by all accounts yet you all are going off on a rail about something that is not occurring with black Americans in general. I personally DGAF about the Oscars and a large amount of black people don't.

I was surprised that "Us" didn't get a nod as that was a great movie. Also Eddie Murphy should have gotten a nomination IMO as that was also a GREAT film, much better than "A Marriage Story" in regards to Scarlett Johansen's nomination and FWIW I liked that movie too but Eddie was outstanding in "My Name is Dolemite" and it was different and unique for him and Scarlett just played a typical white woman to me. Her co-star's performance was better (Kylo Ren lol - forget his real name).
I hope Eddie Murphy gets an life time achievement award. What needs to happen is this. The academy awards might need to instill affirmative action on which every category must have an intersectional person as a nominee or two. Just to keep social justice activist happy.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Around what year did this #OscarsSoWhite-type mentality really take shape?

Old 01-15-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Around what year did this #OscarsSoWhite-type mentality really take shape?
The Oscars 2018 had Oscar's is so white. The following year women and Poc won nominations. Black Panter for example won 3 awards. Black klansman with spike Lee won and award, green book won 3, Roma won 3, bohemian rhapsody won 3 awards and Lady gaga won an award too. Last year academy awards intersectionality won big. It looks like every two years the academy will seesaw back and forth on awards and intersectionality. I remember roughly 15 years ago. A slew of gay intersectionality won awards like capote, and broke back mountain. But that was not a big deal back then due to the fact that sjws did not exist during the beginning of the 21st century.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:07 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Then everyone from Eskimos to transgender albinos will want their own category.
Transgender Albinos was the name of my high school garage band. We were a Cure tribute band.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:08 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
So people are losing their minds again about what color everyone is.

They just won’t let us move on and accept people for what’s inside, they continually force feed this racism on us every day.

It’s so damn depressing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...te/4437385002/

I remember someone saying once that there weren't enough people of other races in the entertainment industry thanks to the media. This wasn't very recent but it was a few years ago.

So this doesn't surprise me.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:14 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Oscar too white of a name.. should be called Tyrone .
Nah, how about Tyler or Taylor? And model the statuette after "Just Pat". (And keep it gold so that it could represent any ancestry.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_(S...le:Itispat.jpg

Last edited by katharsis; 01-15-2020 at 04:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies