Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 07:52 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
People are oddly acting like large countries don't try and manipulate our elections. Are people living under rocks? Don't you think we do the same thing? Heck the USA overthrew Saddam H! We wanted Gorbachev in there and did whatever we could to get him elected This kind of thing has been going on for many forever.

It is all meaningless, but the media is acting like it is new. I also don't think Russia wants Trump in office, but there may be hackers or whatever that do. So what? Not really a story as presented. Just normal everyday life.
No, gg. It is not meaningless. Nor is it harmless. The President of the United States has decided that our national sovereignty is less significant than his own political performance.
This is not "everyday, normal life". And btw, Trump's actions and strategy were against the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 08:14 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
No, gg. It is not meaningless. Nor is it harmless. The President of the United States has decided that our national sovereignty is less significant than his own political performance.
This is not "everyday, normal life". And btw, Trump's actions and strategy were against the law.
lala land for sure here

Old 01-15-2020, 08:34 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I find the whole Hunter Biden deal completely boring and a waste of time.

Did he get paid for his name? Yes
Was he qualified for the job? No
Was it to get influence? Likely
But then I see Ivanka and Jared in the Whitehouse, shrug and move on.

In the real world (outside of political bs) people use their name and access to get ahead. I have never heard of a Vanderbilt or a Kennedy working minimum wage at McDonalds it Walmart. They always seem to be doing just fine, even the dumb ones.

If my name carried influence it would be stupid for my children not to use it to get ahead. Who tells their children to struggle and scrape by when they have a better option for them.

So much BS on this forums these days, it’s why we see the same few posters for everything. No one new comes here and sticks around because there is little real debate anymore.
First of all, all Ivanka and Jared are only working as advisors, the taxpayers are not paying them any salary.

Secondly, they already had jobs before their daddy went into politics, unlike Hunter, who only gets these million dollar jobs because his daddy is a big shot, corruptocrat politician.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:35 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Then why didn't the House democrats even allege a crime was committed in their articles of impeachment?

Old 01-15-2020, 12:58 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Hillary's private database with classified info was far easier to hack than Burisma.

Why do we hear Russia, Russia, Russia when we know darn well other players are hacking databases?????

Why are the dems giving cover to Russia while allowing china, NK, Iran et al to have their way with US databases????????????

Old 01-15-2020, 01:04 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Then why didn't the House democrats even allege a crime was committed in their articles of impeachment?
These democrats think that simply by repeating the rhetoric of claiming Trump broke the law, that they can make it so.

None of their impeachment articles even cite a federal law which they think was broken. It's sure as he'll not against federal law for a president to appeal an act of House overreach to the Supreme Court

Old 01-15-2020, 05:05 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
The Bidens didn't kill themselves.

Just trying to get ahead of the story.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:06 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
If the cyber fingerprints said it was Russia, I guarantee it wasn't. Too easy to disguise who and where you are. It was probably the CIA or some Dem hacker.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:21 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I find the whole Hunter Biden deal completely boring and a waste of time.

Did he get paid for his name? Yes
Was he qualified for the job? No
Was it to get influence? Likely
But then I see Ivanka and Jared in the Whitehouse, shrug and move on.
Let's be clear the Ukkies weren't paying Hunter Biden for his name. He was not promoting some event. They were paying him 50k a month, so he could stuff it up his nose, so they could lobby his dad, the current VP at the time. That's called bribery by a foreign government to influence US foreign policy - everything Democrats claim to be against.

Now Ivanka and Jared in the Whitehouse is a different thing altogether, its nepotism. But not bribery.

I'm interested in what they find, the Russkies. If we can verify it, why not? If there can be an establishment of quid pro quo between US foreign policy when Biden was VP and hiring his son, then that's potentially very serious.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:33 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Wait! Didn't Bathouse Barry tell that silly man-guy to Thstop it?

Then he drew another pink line in the sand !

Tho There !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies