Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Now That It's Over, Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Vice President Joe Biden 3 12.50%
Sen. Bernie Sanders 6 25.00%
Sen. Elizabeth Warren 4 16.67%
Mayor Pete Buttigieg 7 29.17%
Sen. Amy Klobuchar 2 8.33%
Businessman Tom Steyer 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 02:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Took me ten seconds to find this in a Google search.

The entire background is an American flag.

https://observer-media.go-vip.net/wp...jpg?quality=80
2012. Did you find one for 2016?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 02:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
2012. Did you find one for 2016?
Already posted above. You must really love being wrong.

Old 01-15-2020, 03:27 PM

638 posts, read 240,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The stage is literally wrapped in red, white and blue.
Ok great, they have Chicago Cubs team colors up... but they still do not have any US Flags present..

Old 01-15-2020, 03:57 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Thanks for proving there were no flags flying there!

Old 01-15-2020, 04:50 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Can't really blame them for the absence of American flags. They're trying to get votes and most of the people who vote in Democrat primaries are triggered by and hate Old Glory.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:10 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That's not a flag, it's a computer graphic.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:14 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Took me ten seconds to find this in a Google search.

The entire background is an American flag.

https://observer-media.go-vip.net/wp...jpg?quality=80
That's not a flag, it's a computer graphic.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:53 PM

1,138 posts, read 449,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
There were flags at the Democratic debate. Pins of the flag attached to the lapels of the candidates. Biden and Steyer clearly wore flag pins.
At the 2016 Republican debate, all I believe it was 13 candidates, wore flag lapel pins. There was also a moment where they all stood with their hands over their hearts, and I believe there was an American flag in the rear of the auditorium they were facing. I don't remember if they recited the Pledge of Allegiance or not.

The backdrop for all the debates Republican and democrat was I believe American flag themed. I really doubt any candidates from either party would be so politically inept as to shun the American flag. I think the hosting venue would assure there was at least one flag visible to the attendees at either debate as well.

Old 01-15-2020, 09:03 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
If you don’t like the systems in place , move to where you think it is a better deal for you. Pretty simple.

The original post alluded to the per capita cost being higher here than in Switzerland. The demographics of the population as far as country of origin are different. That means the samples in the analogy are not comparable. Apples and Oranges.
That’s just one example out of a long list of variables. It isn’t a good analogy. If you fail to understand that concept, I can’t help you. The original topic of the post had nothing to do with profit levels of companies involved in Health Care. Your attempt to switch the narrative indicates your inability to accept the improper analogy. Profit is an entirely different discussion.
There is no analogy, it is contrast

Old 01-15-2020, 09:15 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
You and your buddy need to think a little bit more about what contributes to the COST of Heath Care .
Would you say treating cancer is expensive for the individual? Well if a country is # 5 vs #16 in per capita incidents of cancer, would that not drive the cost of Health Care up ? That’s just one disease. That’s another variable I am talking about. Throwing figures around regarding per capita Health care cost for different countries is absolutely meaningless unless the contributing factors are taken into account. But since you will not hear that from the Democratic , America Health Care is bad narrative you are just unaware of it.
The US is # 5, Switzerland is # 16.
Somewhat interesting theory. Your previous posts seemed to indicate that the only reason for the high per capita costs in this country is the influx from south of the border. Which of course has an effect, but small compared to other factors. As a minimum, let's not forget that the US population size is 350 mil.
Now, you went to cancer incidence. Ok, this seems to match your numbers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_cancer_rate

So would you like to discuss the HC costs in Australia and New Zealand instead? Hint: they are lower by definition, because NOBODY on this planet has higher costs.

lastly, what you need to think about in terms of healthcare is : "overhead", profit, and the total lack of proper regulation. These are the factors that make us unique in the developed world. HC cannot be a free market since people are averse to dying in most cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies