Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2020, 05:21 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,078,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the NRA and politicians don't support common sense gun control laws, expect more of this!

I keep warning the gun nuts that if they don't bring common sense gun control measures to the table, circumstances will eventually dictate extreme gun control measures.
Really? And then what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 05:24 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,020,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Really? And then what?

They're gonna stomp their heels and not invite us to the tranny olympics?

Old 01-17-2020, 05:39 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,827,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the NRA and politicians don't support common sense gun control laws, expect more of this!

I keep warning the gun nuts that if they don't bring common sense gun control measures to the table, circumstances will eventually dictate extreme gun control measures.
How about you define gun nut.. When you start by calling names, who will take you seriously? Listen, we seldom agree, but I can usually respect your position. Trump calls names.... People of small minds call names. You never struck me as a small minded person. I do mean that as a compliment.

Old 01-17-2020, 05:46 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,602,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Theres NO WAY they could check every single person, that would be totally impractical, they will likely check as many as they can , but they cannot check everyone.
Capitol Square is multiple blocks in each direction so setting up checkpoints for the entrances will be easy. The general public can't drive in. The square has it's own perimeter of fences and additional fence six foot high has been added. Just think airport TSA. As their using 100's of VA State Troupers there will be multiple frisks.

This is not going to be like Charlottesville as there was minimal Police presence and the using of useless four foot fences around a park.

Old 01-17-2020, 05:53 AM

8,325 posts, read 4,297,998 times
/shrug

Its temporary.

In essence its no different than the permanent ban in detention centers, court rooms or the 'No firearm' signs put up by many businesses.

Are you disappointed you can't go and wave your AR in the air? If so, you will get over it.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:13 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,684,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
corpgypsy claimed that the 223 made a 6" x 10" hole. Anyone who has ever shot anything like that knows that is not true.
Corpgypsy did no such thing. Stop telling everyone else what they know and say and mean. I never mentioned a 223. I wouldn't know a 223 from a Boeing 747.

Types of weapons and the devastatingly different damage from those weapons of war vs regular type guns was my point. You and others, frequently, in numerous other threads, as well as this one, mock posters in an effort to divert the discussion by use of semantics and nuanced mumbo jumbo of shell casings and material and length of guns and bullets and handles etc. All in an attempt to dismiss those like myself with opposing views on gun safety and the need for legislation of certain types of machines and ammunition that we think belong on a battlefield and not on our streets. You know those automatic and assault types of killing machines that you pretend don't exist because we used the wrong phrase. Playing that gotcha, you are wrong game is transparently a way to change the narrative when a poster uses an incorrect layman's term regarding guns. Just look at what this thread was about...a sensible temporary ban of carrying intimidating weapons at a rally where the threat of violence is high.

The damage from certain types of guns vs others was my point as you once again were denying the damage those in the medical field face because by using this word vs that word means they are "lying and stupid"( YOUR words). I'd had it with that type of disingenuous debate and shared for the first time here on CD what my eyes have seen.

The kid who gets shot in the shoulder from a pistol or other type of handgun or that week-end warrior hunting accident, those are the "normal/average" ( god forbid that we are calling this normal) type of injuries we are accustomed to seeing; and internal damage is most likely fixable. But the massive injury and devastating irreparable damage that occurs from those other weapons are indeed significantly different, and I was fed up with the macho, chest thumping, foreign language usage to change the narrative of those who have an opposing view of the need for gun legislation in these United States of America. Calling surgeons stupid and liars was the last straw.

There are a percentage of you out there who do not care to consider any other viewpoint or side of this very serious problem and United States issue, and the use of name calling and gotcha tactics to claim a win and shut down an opposing opinion is clearly empowering to you. But do not tell me what I know and think again, dear.

The ballot box is clearly the only place to work on this. Bravo to Virginians who have demonstrated common sense and concern for the well being of the general public of their commonwealth!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-17-2020 at 06:51 AM..

Old 01-17-2020, 06:18 AM

45,021 posts, read 26,176,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
/shrug

Its temporary.

In essence its no different than the permanent ban in detention centers, court rooms or the 'No firearm' signs put up by many businesses.

Are you disappointed you can't go and wave your AR in the air? If so, you will get over it.
Yes its different. The fictional entity known as the government cant legitimately own anything, which means it cant make rules prohibiting or restricting others.
I recognize in advance that you'll have a hard time wrapping your state made mind around the concept

Old 01-17-2020, 06:19 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,602,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
..... Why don't we start with common sense felon control? Maybe stop releasing criminals to prey on the public, stop importing criminals, stop decriminalizing theft. Nothing a democrat believes in is common sense.
As the public is armed in VA, this translates to extremely low criminal related violence using guns. The statistics prove it.

The State version:

http://vscc.virginia.gov/OCME%20VDH%...d%20Fatal).pdf

The anti-gun version:

http://efsgv.org/wp-content/uploads/...une-2019-1.pdf

As they both show multiple year charts, Those shot and injured or killed in relation to crime averages 600 people per year across the entire state.

So for example, NYC itself is a much higher number ( they don't use actual numbers in their stats. They use numbers per 100,000 and cherry pick the parts they use for their stats). So you'll have to take out a calculator to figure out their actual numbers) with their strict gun control measures.

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/pr...tes-certain-ny

Thus as you've stated, Nothing a democrat believes in is common sense or even reality.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:26 AM

989 posts, read 451,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
As the public is armed in VA, this translates to extremely low criminal related violence using guns. The statistics prove it.

The State version:

http://vscc.virginia.gov/OCME%20VDH%...d%20Fatal).pdf

The anti-gun version:

http://efsgv.org/wp-content/uploads/...une-2019-1.pdf

As they both show multiple year charts, Those shot and injured or killed in relation to crime averages 600 people per year across the entire state.

So for example, NYC itself is a much higher number ( they don't use actual numbers in their stats. They use numbers per 100,000 and cherry pick the parts they use for their stats). So you'll have to take out a calculator to figure out their actual numbers) with their strict gun control measures.

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/pr...tes-certain-ny

Thus as you've stated, Nothing a democrat believes in is common sense or even reality.
I don't think the Governor is concerned about Virginia citizens. There was a gun rally just last week sponsored by the NRA that did not have a gun ban and, for some reason, did not attract national attention. It was small, quiet, and peaceful.

There have been credible threats from out of state extremist organizations who have posted all sorts of threatening rhetoric that are organizing to come to this thing. In fact, some suspected extremists were arrested in Maryland the other day and there is evidence to indicate they were specifically organizing to come to the Virginia rally to start trouble. All from out of state, to include a few illegal immigrants that we helping to go along for the ride.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:00 AM

58,545 posts, read 26,856,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct. The Constitution supersedes state laws and/or state governors' executive orders/actions.

This is why it's important to appoint as many Constitutionalist judges to the federal courts as possible. And saying a federal judge is a Constitutionalist should already be redundant. They swear an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Just hold them to it, or if they violate their sworn oath, impeach and remove them.
Which is why Trump's appointments are so IMPORTANT.

IMO, MANY state laws WILL be challenged once we get 1 more "Constitutionalist" judge on the Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies