Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Trump now officially been impeached?
He was impeached after the House voted to impeach him 43 49.43%
Now that the articles of impeachment have been delivered to the Senate, yes, he is finally really impeached 20 22.99%
No he still has not really been impeached 24 27.59%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 05:31 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,787,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Well the jury is out on that one....
Not really. The evidence is there for those who care to look.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:31 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,376,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Didn't know a "grudge" could be an article of impeachment, lol, and I don't think it's one this time. I don't think you're actually able to impeach a politician just because you don't like them.
That’s exactly what we’ve just witnessed.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Actually, you are probably right. I think it does get under his skin.

That may be the one big "win" of this whole thing with the impeachment by the Democrats. They might've embarrassed Trump, and just them knowing that might be satisfaction enough.
I don't care if he's embarrassed or not. I care that the Dems put up a road block to get his attention about extorting other countries to do his bidding. And I'm glad they did. Maybe next time it will give him pause.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:33 PM

18,999 posts, read 27,543,245 times
Procedure

At the federal level, the impeachment process is a three-step procedure.[20]
The Senate enters judgment on its decision, whether that be to convict or acquit, and a copy of the judgment is filed with the Secretary of State.

Trump WILL be acquitted in Senate then, he will hunt down Clintonites, down to the last official seat. he was just given a ton of publicity and hands untied to cleanse as it is needed.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
That’s exactly what we’ve just witnessed.
You know as well as the rest of us that the articles were about abuse of power. But that you choose to not see that is nothing I can help you with.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:34 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,368,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is a very simple question. According to ALL sources of historical and constitutional information, he was Impeached in the House. Period. End. Of. Issue.

Just because a person doesn't think so does not make it so. One need to understand that difference.
I note all the apologists claiming differently..However, The ONE and ONLY one who actually CARES is DJT himself!

He will leave office and know hisNAME (and Brand) has been impeached.. Something his whole FAM-DAM-ily has avoided being labelled other than getting away with STUFF/Settling Cases/Buying off politicians and Courts persons to keep himself and his family OUTOF JAIL!!

DJT also nows full well he will have legal issues to deal with once he's out office.. THUS his panic mode to use BACK Channels to DELAY this and try to get beyond Statute of Limitations!! DJT knows FULL well he and many of his associates including political connections and lobbyists are also Inculpated too.. DJT will attempt to deny and deny cr@p00lla .. He's finally been exposed insides for who he is.. !! Something most older human beings have known for half century!!

Impeachment, is NOT a jail decision..IT's a recognition of DIRTY Deeds /Anti-Constitutional activities/Anti-American behaviours for those that are "Patriots".. Yet par his usual denial and spreading LIES multiple times daily Hopes his past actions works as POTUS will work.. I'd say NOPE!!

Whether or not he gets booted from office is mute ..He's toxic to "American way of life" + a Danger to the actual FABIC of what AMERICA was founded on !! USA+ Freedom versus USA NOT FREE and Citizens have NO rights!
DJT will never ever change his mindset/behaviour ... He'll deny until he meets his maker.. BUT HISTORY will will tell an entire DIFFERENT Story!!

Old 01-15-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Procedure

At the federal level, the impeachment process is a three-step procedure.[20]
The Senate enters judgment on its decision, whether that be to convict or acquit, and a copy of the judgment is filed with the Secretary of State.

Trump WILL be acquitted in Senate then, he will hunt down Clintonites, down to the last official seat. he was just given a ton of publicity and hands untied to cleanse as it is needed.
Wow. I'm sure Clintonites everywhere are terrified, lol. You make Trump sound more like the Terminator than an impeached president, lol.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:36 PM

20,854 posts, read 9,507,753 times
US Constitution, Article 1, Clause 5
Quote:
The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,697,428 times
Trump is very very impeached.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
She didn't obstruct Congress. There is no constitutionally mandated deadline of when she needs to deliver the articles to the Senate.
Was there a reasonable and justifiable reason to delay? Or Was this another delaying tactic like Boxer pulled with Ford's accusations against Kavanaugh? That was as slimy as it gets, but when it comes to slime the two major parties find ways to go lower and lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.