Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 01:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Perfect example of how defensive Canadians get.

Sorry, let me get down on my knees and thank you for the use of your runway.
Defensive? Haaar; Trixie you got your shoe on your head again. It was an American who started this thread with his inferiority complex dictating his wording and it's been Americans defensively responding with the usual stupid invective regarding Canada's independently studied and published superiority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 01:51 PM

It's that well known 'inferiority complex' rearing it's ugly head again.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:55 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
so why aren't all you libs moving there huh?

Old 01-17-2020, 01:56 PM

1,052 posts, read 798,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually Canada is ranked #1 for quality of life.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...-life-rankings
LOL!! Gotta love these "quality of life" rankings. There seems to be an almost 1-1 correlation between quality of life in these surveys and "boring as f$ck". Countries like Canada and others high on the list are like people who choose to be accountants whereas countries like the US are the CEOs and top athletes.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Allies help each other. The United States and Canada are allies. Ergo, we help each other. The U.S. helps Canada and Canada helps the U.S. As it should be, for two allied countries.

I, for one, am grateful for Canada's assistance. I have to wonder how many Canadians are grateful for American assistance. I'd like to hope that it's the majority, but we don't always hear from the majority, only from the complainers. (Not you, BruSan; I'm speaking in general terms.)
You are not going to find that out by perusing threads on here generated for the express purpose of castigating Canada and Canadians. Why would, anyone expect otherwise.

Would you respond favourably to a thread worded as the O/P worded his offering about anything posted about the U.S. ?

Further; would you respond favourably to any thread with as many posts coming from Canadians frothing stupidity about the U.S. as have Americans done on here.

You being reasonable and non-confrontational are in the minority of CitiData posters whereas any topic involving Canada is concerned.

You are; I would hasten to add, representative of what I choose to believe are the majority of Americans who when bothering to think about Canada at all, do so in a benign and non-insulting manner.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprez33 View Post
LOL!! Gotta love these "quality of life" rankings. There seems to be an almost 1-1 correlation between quality of life in these surveys and "boring as f$ck". Countries like Canada and others high on the list are like people who choose to be accountants whereas countries like the US are the CEOs and top athletes.
Perfect example of the usual as mentioned in my above post.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:14 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Hell, I'd like to move to Canada. It is literally an hour drive from where I live and it is 100% safer and people are nice and there is a good quality of life.

Interestingly I have pretty deep Canadian roots even though I'm African American (some of my ancestors were taken there from the colonies during the Revolution as slaves - they were subsequently freed in the early 1800s and one of my distant great uncles is considered Canada's last held chattel slaves).

I think that this connection makes me have an affinity for cold weather. I actually really love the winter and the cold so winter wouldn't bother me.

I go to Canada probably once every other month or more. It really is a nice country and everyone I've met have been great folks.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:21 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
We have great health care, but I have no idea what you mean by frivolous use.....By the way as of the first of January there is no longer a premium to pay....
BC was the only province to charge that small premium. We are now in line with the ROC.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Their geeses are better than ours.. and possibly their mooses...
Our " mooses " are university educated, and refer their plural selves as " meeses" .

Old 01-17-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I don’t get it....Horrible healthcare and high taxes?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...ries-rankings/
Do you honestly think that if we had horrible healthcare and taxes so high as to cripple ones quality of life, that Canada would make the list? Not just this list, but many lists done by many organizations as well?

Canada ranks high for a number of reasons, why try and tear that down?

Instead of whining about it, maybe spend some time figuring out why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies