Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 11:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times

Advertisements

We can all look forward to the spectacle of squirming weasels under kleig lights.

And the election campaigns haven't even gotten warmed up yet.

2020 promises to be an entertaining year.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 11:30 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We can all look forward to the spectacle of squirming weasels under kleig lights.

And the election campaigns haven't even gotten warmed up yet.

2020 promises to be an entertaining year.

MAGA=My Attorneys Get Arrested

Old 01-16-2020, 11:32 AM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
And text messages, and emails, and pictures, and phone records. All made up eh?
They said the same thing after the hearings. I watched the day Sondland testified, and it was documented to the n'th degree. And the very same day, the Cult-bots were saying there was nothing.

I honestly don't know how to deal with people who are not bound in any way by the truth. They don't even try to put forth the effort, they just flat-out lie. Trump, his admin, and most of his base. (I say most, because there are some out there who actually believe the lies they are fed, so they think they are parroting the truth, but the majority anymore just know he's a criminal and they don't care.)

Old 01-16-2020, 11:38 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,851,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
BFD if he did lie. Name one single President or politician for that matter that doesn't lie to us regularly. The Dems lie all day long 24/7
And there you have it, the problem with Trump supporters:

First it's "No, he didn't lie! You're all out to get him!"

Then it's, "You just didn't understand his methods."

Next it's, "Well, yeah, he didn't exactly state the facts but he had to gloss over it for national security."

Followed by "So he lied, I'm sure he had a good reason".

And "So he lied. So what??"

And the grand finale: "They all do it, and YOU and your bunch do it more and worse and regularly and all day long!"

How anyone who claims to love this country can not just defend but support such shabby stuff is beyond me.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:11 PM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
BFD if he did lie. Name one single President or politician for that matter that doesn't lie to us regularly. The Dems lie all day long 24/7
Politicians lie, but there has not been a politician that lies as frequently, and as boldly as Trump.

The closest I can think of is Clintion "I did not have relations with that woman, Ms Lewinsky", but that was once, and he was held accountable. (Incidentally, THAT was a witchhunt, and nobody's business. But the fact is that he lied under oath, and that's a crime).

Obama never really lied like that. You guys like to quote the "you can keep your healthcare", but that's more of a misstatement, or an unfullfilled promise. Obama should have known better, but the fact is that it was not a lie. PER THE BILL, there was nothing that took away the healthcare. He naively did not figure that the insurance industry would play so dirty.

Reagan lied probably the second most of any modern President, but even he was nowhere in the league of Trump. Reagan did what he thought was right, and he also suffered from senility toward the end, so who knows what's what. Reagan, as inept and as bad as he was, proabably was what we needed (as a country) at the time. But he didn't lie like Trump lies

Carter. Pretty clean POTUS, but admittedly not an effective one.

The Bush's.
Sr: No New Taxes (See Obama on the keeping your provider)
Jr: Cheney did the lying for him. If Cheney were the POTUS, he'd be a distant second to Trump.

Yeah, all politicians lie, bend the truth, deflect, forget, etc. But Trump will look you dead in the eye, lie about it, then change his story, and even if it's on video, will deny he said it. But what is so incredible is even if you show his base that he lied, they will still believe he didn't. There is no dealing with them.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:13 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,295,068 times
Two wrongs don't make a right, Trump supporters.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Evidence BARR was directly involved as well:

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...am-76856389785
I am not surprised about Barr or Pence.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Nobody gives a cr@p
Most Americans do but the Cult is to far gone.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:22 PM

57,067 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Pence proved what a liar he is when he said he was not given a heads-up about Flynn after getting a letter from Congressman Cummings alerting him. Pence is a big time fraud.
I also recall ban interview a few months ago when all this broke and Pence indicated he had no idea, always that wrinkled sincere look followed by a lie. Still no reasonable explanation as to why Rick Perry took his place at the Ukraine inauguration.i

Old 01-16-2020, 12:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nunes has effectively outed himself as Trump's dog. He sits up and begs whenever potus crooks his finger. He rolls over when dump throws a scrap his way.

Same for Lindsey.

Pathetic men on their knees for a lying, narcissistic, grifter who will throw them away in the blink of an eye.

Just ask Michael Cohen.

Rudy is next.
So Nunes is the official presidential puppy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies