Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2020, 03:41 PM

9,958 posts, read 14,308,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I wonder if McConnell, GOP, Trump supporters will even care that Trump's withholding Ukraine was illegal? Seems illegality is in the eye of the beholder these days.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...ffice-n1117031
The thing that gets me is the absolute outrage from the Democrats, and the absolute outrage just because it was Trump.

If the same rule and the same rage from the Democrats/left would happen with a Democrat President in office, if they were accused of the same thing, it would be easier to digest this whole thing with Trump and impeachment.

But the whole thing is so dang hypocritical and political. Everytime Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, etc., cry that they are impeaching Trump because he did not "uphold the Constitution," I want to just roll my eyes, because they know it's not that reason, we know it's not that reason and they are up there pretending everyone is stupid.

It's a total Democrat game and Trump was impeached because he is not part of their DC club and DC swamp. He has disrupted everything, and exposed too much, and now they find it's late in the game and they are panicked because the election is in 10 months and counting, and they are losing badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 03:42 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,177,783 times
Quote:
I wonder if McConnell, GOP, Trump supporters will even care that Trump's withholding Ukraine was illegal? Seems illegality is in the eye of the beholder these days.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...ffice-n1117031
Barr will not go after him.

Old 01-16-2020, 03:44 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
I think the Democrats should Impeach him over it.

HAW........

Old 01-16-2020, 03:48 PM

20,023 posts, read 8,913,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Six years? March 2, 2016 was less than four years ago. Is this an example of Trump math?

good catch, i agree, they've been trying to impeach him since 6 months before the 2016 election.

My bad......

Old 01-16-2020, 04:30 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Well, there is that.

If audience size is the criteria, then Rod Stewart should be POTUS.

Beyonce usually can gather a crowd as well.

Great!

Now name a Democrat politician that can do the same thing.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:34 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,999,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Don't think the GAO is part of the legal system... not that anyone cares about laws anymore... we just make proclamations and it's final. Trump broke the law because the some people in the GAO said so.

Laws are overrated.
The GAO is not a law enforcement agency or prosecutorial agency. It's not even part of the executive branch.

If they think that a law was broken, the thing to do would be to forward the info to the DOJ--not to the media. This is sheer grandstanding.

GAO has an annual budget over $600,000...your tax dollars at work.

I heard a law professor interviewed about this earlier today. His take was that no laws were broken.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Yeah, Obama was a perfect angel.
If you say so. That's certainly not what my post said that you quoted.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:51 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,381,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If you say so. That's certainly not what my post said that you quoted.
Are you suggesting Obama never invoked Executive Privilege?

Trump did too!

The Dems in the House cowardly didn't bring ANY of their balsa wood "subpoenas" to COURT!

This rushed, then delayed farce of an Impeachment, is a STAIN on the radical House Democrats!

Not an asterisk on the so far GREAT legacy of the Trump presidency!

Enjoy!

Old 01-16-2020, 04:53 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,747,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not for me.

I want to see the Senate do its job.

Reagan and Bush skated on Iran/Contra.

Nixon skated on Watergate.

Bush II and Cheney skated on Iraq/Afghanistan.

If the Senate can't put a halt to Trump and his co-conspirators committing crimes left and right, Republicans will do away with the rule of law altogether.

They'll run Putin for POTUS next.
I'd LOVE for Trump to be removed. But I'm prepared to settle for impeachment. I don't expect the Senate to do their jobs. They haven't thus far.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:55 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,076,341 times
Quote:
I'd LOVE for Trump to be removed. But I'm prepared to settle for impeachment. I don't expect the Senate to do their jobs. They haven't thus far.
Not only will he not be removed. Many Dems senators will vote for acquittal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies