Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 06:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That average family would also be getting "Medicare for everyone" and at $1,200. per year, it would be a bargain.
$1200 per year.... ROFLMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 06:29 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
All it really is is his plan to make the undeserving rich pay their "fair share". Just like Gov. O'Malley did in Maryland. An upper class person making $31K/year can afford to help his fellow citizens.
For the money they will save in insurance premiums and things it will come out as a wash in deductables and co pays. They will save a significant amount of money if they are paying for family members.

As for the uninsured. They and their family members will have access to regular care like the rest of us.

This is also true for anybody else no matter what they make. They come out ahead in premiums and copays vs paying an extra $1,200 in taxes.

You'd be better off going with the "diminishing quality of care" argument because that argument may actually have some merit.

They could solve a lot of the financial issues by removing the medicare cap. I'm sure the people who make 500K a year would whine but it wouldn't put them in the poorhouse.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
1200 a year is a bargain compared to what most people pay now for medical costs.
I can cover everyone for $50 a year.

Elect me.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:31 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,370,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That average family would also be getting "Medicare for everyone" and at $1,200. per year, it would be a bargain.
You can't pay for it if everyone pays $1,200/yr - the majority will pay far more.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
For the money they will save in insurance premiums and things it will come out as a wash in deductables and co pays. They will save a significant amount of money if they are paying for family members.

As for the uninsured. They and their family members will have access to regular care like the rest of us.

This is also true for anybody else no matter what they make. They come out ahead in premiums and copays vs paying an extra $1,200 in taxes.

You'd be better off going with the "diminishing quality of care" argument because that argument may actually have some merit.

They could solve a lot of the financial issues by removing the medicare cap. I'm sure the people who make 500K a year would whine but it wouldn't put them in the poorhouse.
How about any household making $100k a year pay $40k in taxes toward it. Being left with $60k a year won't put anyone in the poor house. After all other taxes, you'd probably take home $47k.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:33 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Bernie Will Raise Taxes On Everyone Making more than just $29K
Yes, he makes no bones about it. He would install services which cost money, and he would get the money by increasing taxes.

I am not a Bernie supporter, but at least he is honest about his intentions, unlike some (Trump / GOP) who promise to reduce debt and then do the exact opposite.

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Sounds like a bargain compared to what I(and employer) are paying for insurance.

But anyway this isn’t something a president can do alone. I don’t think anyone expects the dems to take control of everything in 2020 elections.

I was about to say. For most people this would result in an increase in take-home pay plus better health coverage.

So much dishonesty promoted by Republicans these days.

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Bernie wants to raise taxes on everyone so he can give health care to illegal aliens. How's that work when 1/2 of central America decides they want in on that pie?

Pocahontas wants to stop everyone from building new houses because it's bad. (she can't really say why and of course isn't prepared to give up her various mansions)

And a barely lucid Biden who can't tell you which state he's in at the moment.

Such winners. This truly might be a repeat of 1984 & 1972.

The only one in the bunch who has any common sense and a veteran to boot, the Democrats don't want because they are afraid of him being Gay. It's lunacy at it's worst.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I was about to say. For most people this would result in an increase in take-home pay plus better health coverage.

You've won me over.

Everyone pays $1200 a year towards this, and you get the healthcare you get.

I'll use the government program for the very basics and go to a private system for all the important stuff.

Or will I be forbidden from doing that?

Old 01-16-2020, 06:36 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

No way you can say that, because there's no cap to how many people can be on it. Those taxes will double triple quadruple. Why? Because there's unlimited demand for "free" service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies