Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 01:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
He's gotta blame something for his Mar-a-Lago dump failing it's health inspections. Must be them pesky dishwashers.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...413-story.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-attack-2018-6

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/h...r-a-lago.html/
Well to be fair, health inspections aren't pass or fail. The majority of places will have violations. It just depends on how many and if they're priority or not. Looking at the Fox article regarding the 2017 inspection there, if the walk-in cooler was running that warm & there wasn't enough other coolers to store food in, they should've closed the place until the cooler was repaired & working properly. Not sure what happened there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 01:43 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well to be fair, health inspections aren't pass or fail. The majority of places will have violations. It just depends on how many and if they're priority or not. Looking at the Fox article regarding the 2017 inspection there, if the walk-in cooler was running that warm & there wasn't enough other coolers to store food in, they should've closed the place until the cooler was repaired & working properly. Not sure what happened there.
Understood.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking Well, not EVERYTHING...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Liberals complain about everything meaningless. Lol
The right has its moments.

Who could ever forget this one?

And mustardgate?

Great moments in Pub bellyaching.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:07 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,733,126 times
The "water saving" requirements that came along in the late 90's have been a bane to consumers as well as the appliance industry. I grew up in a house full of old ugly 1970's green fixtures and appliances that never plugged up and got the job done in a fairly short amount of time. You could toss in dishes with all kinds of food left stuck to them and they would still come out clean, and in addition they all lasted over 20 years. Then my grandmother had a new home built in the late 90's, the "water saving" toilets plugged constantly even without a #2 in there, just a wad of TP does them in. Then after the dishwasher died every replacement has been awful....2-3 hours to wash the dishes and then they come out still dirty about 1/3rd of the time unless you pretty much hand wash them clean first...that takes time effort and more water. Are we really gaining anything by that time?

Old 01-17-2020, 02:32 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Liberals complain about everything meaningless. Lol
True, but I think there is more to it then just that. I live in liberal la la land (San Fransicko Bay Area) and I've seen and heard some pretty interesting things. First, one, they cry and complain to ban wood burning fireplaces and household heating by fire, yet are the ones that fight over a seat as close to the fireplaces at places such as ski resorts, as guests at other people's homes that have a lit fireplace, etc.

The majority of the anti-automobile crowd that ride around on pedal bikes can't afford a car, so they ride around protesting the use of cars.

In fact, I was sitting at a Starbucks last summer for an hour wasting some time and drinking a tea when I was hearing this other patron (who is obviously homeless and anti-Trump) telling his other homeless companion that if he were president, he'd ban lawns. He explained that "lawns should be against the law, because they take up too much natural resources such as water. And the space a lawn takes up is a waste where someone could build a place to live on it instead". I guarantee you that if that guy had enough money for a house, he's sure want a nice yard with a lawn in it. And also not some small structure that is built to house someone instead of the yard around his house.

So I think a lot of what the liberals complain about, is simply because they can't have and enjoy it so they don't want anyone else to have and enjoy it either.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:37 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
True, but I think there is more to it then just that. I live in liberal la la land (San Fransicko Bay Area) and I've seen and heard some pretty interesting things. First, one, they cry and complain to ban wood burning fireplaces and household heating by fire, yet are the ones that fight over a seat as close to the fireplaces at places such as ski resorts, as guests at other people's homes that have a lit fireplace, etc.

The majority of the anti-automobile crowd that ride around on pedal bikes can't afford a car, so they ride around protesting the use of cars.

In fact, I was sitting at a Starbucks last summer for an hour wasting some time and drinking a tea when I was hearing this other patron (who is obviously homeless and anti-Trump) telling his other homeless companion that if he were president, he'd ban yards. He explained that "lawns should be against the law, because they take up too much natural resources such as water". I guarantee you that if that guy had enough money for a house, he's sure want a nice yard with a lawn in it.

So I think a lot of what the liberals complain about, is simply because they can't have it so they don't want anyone else to have it either.
Lots of words, lots of words, no facts to go with those words.

I have a car, unfortunately needed for my job because I work out in the field. When I'm not working, I rarely use my car. I am a huge proponent of more public transit. There goes your claim that those proposing more public transit can't afford a car.

As far as yards, your hypothetical was correct. Lawns use up unnecessary amounts of water, at least for those people who insist on having giant yards that MUST be kept green. If I owned a home, I would have limited green lawn & plant mostly native plants & flowers. Think more wildflower. I also would get a rain barrel & plant rain gardens. It's a simple person who would claim that only people who can't afford things rail against it.

Old 01-17-2020, 03:05 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,669 times
Liberals, like their Chicago Jesus, have the "fecal touch" - everything they touch turns to Shiite.

Low flow toilets that take two+ flushes
Dishwashers that require you to hand wash first, and still come out half-washed

and also

Stupid curly lightbulbs that require a hazmat team to dispose of because of the toxic chemicals within
Stupid gas can nozzles that spill more than they pour

"But, it's for the plannnnet"

Idiots.

Old 01-17-2020, 03:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Liberals, like their Chicago Jesus, have the "fecal touch" - everything they touch turns to Shiite.

Low flow toilets that take two+ flushes
Dishwashers that require you to hand wash first, and still come out half-washed

and also

Stupid curly lightbulbs that require a hazmat team to dispose of because of the toxic chemicals within
Stupid gas can nozzles that spill more than they pour

"But, it's for the plannnnet"

Idiots.
Our low flow commodes work fine. In fact the only one we have trouble with is an older one which is not low flow. The problem however is in the pipe not the commode.

Our newer dishwasher works great. Note that the newer dishwashers are significantly more energy efficient than hand washing.

According to Consumer Report there are a number of new dishwashers which provide excellent cleaning. And some provide excellent drying.

Nothing stupid about CFL though they are obsoleted by LED bulbs. And they can simply be thrown away. That is what he have done with fluorescent bulbs for a hundred years. There is nothing new about the mercury disposal. Been around since the first fluorescent.

Now get back into your cave and see if you can actually come up with a rational reason to vote for Trump.

Old 01-17-2020, 03:34 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
MAGA
Approval among likely voters is at 50%. That means Trump will win unless all those who disapprove vote for the same person. Which won't happen.

MAGA.

Old 01-17-2020, 03:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
We don't like those front load washing machines either where the cloths stink because the water is minimal and so does the washing machine. Give me a top loader any day.. They tried those front loaders in the 50's and found out the clothes got washed much better in a top loader with lots of water.

My dish washer is quiet , can't hear it run at all, and actually uses lots of water to get everything clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies