Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 10:09 PM

1,064 posts, read 464,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Ummm...we are talking about the new dishwashers that have restricted high-velocity water flow. Cycles that now go on for hours & hours. Google some of the public complaints about this.
If they are complaining about dishwashers taking longer, that's one thing. But if they are complaining about dishwashers having "low-flow", they, like yourself, have no idea what they are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 10:11 PM

6,522 posts, read 6,669,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
If they are complaining about dishwashers taking longer, that's one thing. But if they are complaining about dishwashers having "low-flow", they, like yourself, have no idea what they are talking about.
It's restricted because it takes forever to run a cycle. I could care less about bursts of water when the machine is running all night.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:11 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,396,360 times
Quote:
You actually can, and you do. When you have a moment, find a dishwasher and take a look at the jets. You have less water to work with, so the jets don't all run at the same time (water switches across the jets rather than all the jets constantly flowing),....
Well of course you can as one way to do it. No water means just a few jets can operate. As compared to an older washer which could do the same thing with ALL jets and run the cycle in less than 30 min. But you left off the the other half of it.

And plenty of People don't like it. As I said, let the market place decide it instead of government bureaucrats. Don't understand why you'd be against that.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:16 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,028,102 times
Quote:
Trump was talking about easing regulations on low-flow water devices like toilet bowls, dishwashers, shower-heads & so forth. There's nothing unusual about that. In case you have not noticed these low-flow devices do not work very well.
OMG If Trump even knew how a dishwasher worked I'd be shocked. He ran out of stuff to rant about so he pulled one out of his butt and his sycophants ran with the ball and almost began speaking in tongues. Next rally should be super duper exciting...which end to crack the egg on. Those damned Liberals and their free range eggs!

Old 01-16-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
It's restricted because it takes forever to run a cycle. I could care less about bursts of water when the machine is running all night.
The point here is that you're fundamentally wrong in saying a dishwasher is low flow. They are actually very high flow. Taking longer to run is a completely different discussion.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
OMG If Trump even knew how a dishwasher worked I'd be shocked. He ran out of stuff to rant about so he pulled one out of his butt and his sycophants ran wit the ball and almost began speaking in tongues. Next rally should be super duper exciting...which end to crack the egg on.

Tell us. You are really really really mad that 10s of 1000s came to see him in a state that once voted for Obama.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well of course you can as one way to do it. No water means just a few jets can operate. As compared to an older washer which could do the same thing with ALL jets and run the cycle in less than 30 min. But you left off the the other half of it.

And plenty of People don't like it. As I said, let the market place decide it instead of government bureaucrats. Don't understand why you'd be against that.
I agree with the open market. But that's different than the false propaganda you are pushing when you say:

Quote:
That's in fact how they make them now. You can't have high velocity high flow with almost no water inside the dishwasher.
There is, in fact, high velocity high flow in a new dishwasher.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Tell us. You are really really really mad that 10s of 1000s came to see him in a state that once voted for Obama.
Are they like you where 10 times of flushing is needed to clear the toilet bowl? I, mean, that's a lot of people with intestinal health issues.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:

There is, in fact, high velocity high flow in a new dishwasher.
You left off the high flow part. I said high velocity, high flow.
Quote:
... false propaganda ....
Care to try it again?

Old 01-16-2020, 10:22 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,028,102 times
Quote:
I wasn't even paying attention to which state it was and ya know what? Any group that can get that worked up over an orange fool ranting about water flow...you can keep 'em! Please do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies