Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2020, 12:57 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times

Advertisements

I do wonder if the goose steppers who are supporting authoritarian tyranny are doing so due to ideology or cowardice.

I wonder if there was anything the government could do to or strip from the people that they'd oppose. Would they blindly go along with it if they were trying to bring back slavery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 01:01 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I do wonder if the goose steppers who are supporting authoritarian tyranny are doing so due to ideology or cowardice.

I wonder if there was anything the government could do to or strip from the people that they'd oppose. Would they blindly go along with it if they were trying to bring back slavery?
You'd gladly support Authoritarian movements that supported your causes so your point is illogical. You in this thread alone brought up the idea of civil unrest or civil war over one state's governor.. There's many other states to live in this nation of ours yet. I really doubt we will ever see Oklahoma making any firearms illegal there.

I thought many conservatives were for state rights also.. This is how state rights work. You can have some states that are very far left and others which are very far right but opt to work together to be United..

Old 01-17-2020, 01:04 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump supporters who live in blue metros have a tendency toward extreme paranoia. They can’t help themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What does this have to do with the topic...please enlighten us
Probably has to do with Trump supporters being attacked on the streets, in schools, on buses and in any public place .... just because they are Trump Supporters. I think this is why the Trump Rallies are so huge.
People feel safe from being attacked because of who they choose to vote for.

This is why they quietly when to the Polls in 2016 ... we still have a Right to VOTE in private.
Nobody dreamed that the Losers would immediately start attempting to Nullify those Votes.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
You'd gladly support Authoritarian movements that supported your causes so your point is illogical. You in this thread alone brought up the idea of civil unrest or civil war over one state's governor.. There's many other states to live in this nation of ours yet. I really doubt we will ever see Oklahoma making any firearms illegal there.

I thought many conservatives were for state rights also.. This is how state rights work. You can have some states that are very far left and others which are very far right but opt to work together to be United..
Not in the least kiddo.

First of all I oppose authoritarianism no matter what side of the aisle it comes from.

Secondly "states rights" don't include ther right to violate the constitution by stripping their citizens of their rights.

Your answer seems to imply that your support for authoritarian tyranny is ideologically based, which was my assumption in the first place. It's odd how people like you fail to realize that you pave the way for authoritarianism from your political rivals when you push for that foolishness.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Not in the least kiddo.

First of all I oppose authoritarianism no matter what side of the aisle it comes from.

Secondly "states rights" don't include ther right to violate the constitution by stripping their citizens of their rights.

Your answer seems to imply that your support for authoritarian tyranny is ideologically based, which was my assumption in the first place. It's odd how people like you fail to realize that you pave the way for authoritarianism from your political rivals when you push for that foolishness.
Let me know if you supported the patriot act then.. I think if any act stripped freedoms more than any it was that one..

I'm not worried about a fringe governor in one state. You are the one advocating civil unrest or war in earlier posts

Old 01-17-2020, 01:12 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:

Conservatives are only for states rights on their issues. Remember when Oklahoma and Nebraska sued Colorado for legalizing marijuana?

Old 01-17-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Let me know if you supported the patriot act then.. I think if any act stripped freedoms more than any it was that one..

I'm not worried about a fringe governor in one state. You are the one advocating civil unrest or war in earlier posts
Lol of course I didn't, you won't find many like me who did.

As to civil unrest, I've been over it numerous times with you and you've made it clear that you are incapable of understanding that your support for tyrannical authoritarianism is advocating civil unrest given that's just about the only thing that leads to it.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Conservatives are only for states rights on their issues. Remember when Oklahoma and Nebraska sued Colorado for legalizing marijuana?
yep goes against their issue they claim you aren't patriotic or we need a civil war.. And if something works against them they say an activist tyrannical judge or lawmaker got them and cheated..

Here we have how many people Trump has worked with now making felonies? And how much gerrymandering.. Both sides are guilty of these I will concede.. But which does it far more?

And back after 9-11 if you weren't for the war in Iraq or Afghanistan you had conservatives basically imply you didn't love the country..

Old 01-17-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Lol of course I didn't, you won't find many like me who did.

As to civil unrest, I've been over it numerous times with you and you've made it clear that you are incapable of understanding that your support for tyrannical authoritarianism is advocating civil unrest given that's just about the only thing that leads to it.
I saw lots supporting it right after it. The assumption was it would help protect us and keep the terrorists away. Now you are advocating civil unrest which is domestic terrorism over one fringe governor in one state..

Old 01-17-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I saw lots supporting it right after it. The assumption was it would help protect us and keep the terrorists away. Now you are advocating civil unrest which is domestic terrorism over one fringe governor in one state..
Not those on "my side" you didn't.

Again though, if a governor decided to bring back slavery in their state would you argue that the inevitable resulting "civil unrest" was terrorism? Of course not, it's just that you want to support stripping citizens of their rights in this instance so it causes that hypocritical stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies