Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 03:50 AM

11,772 posts, read 5,785,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's very disheartening you say this. My dad, brother and other family members served. My dad was a staunch republican. Trump isn't a republican though. He's just a rino to get your votes. My brother is a merchant marine who spends months away from home. They both have dedicated their lives for our country. So don't disrespect any of our military because of political affiliation.
Which is exactly what she (it) is doing. Do you bother to read the comments below these articles? Do you see the support the President has? Even those that don't like the President in the comments express their belief that what this person did was disrespectful to the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 03:51 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Buuuuuuut you got all the attention on you and that WAS the point

Old 01-18-2020, 03:54 AM

11,772 posts, read 5,785,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There seems to be some confusion on why these people are 'taking a knee'...the way I see it they are doing the patriotic thing, kneeling down in a way to bring awareness that our govt is seriously dysfunctional, and even criminal in certain regards!

Some people seem to think that kneeling is disrespecting the country...thats not it at all! Kneeling is meant to disrespect the current US govt, (which is different from disrespecting the US as a nation), I guess many people cannot see the difference?
And the gov't was not dysfunctional before Trump???? These problems have existed for years and no one took a knee to bring awareness to them. If a white man took a knee when Obama was President he would have been labeled a racist and stoned by the liberals. They would not even consider this his way of bringing awareness to a problem in society. Take the blinders off.

Old 01-18-2020, 04:52 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,712,733 times
Sounds like she triggered a lot of people.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:21 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Sounds like she triggered a lot of people.
That's an understatement

Old 01-18-2020, 08:51 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
All I know is that you have a group of people thinking that kneeling is a protest, but they are being cowards by doing it because they are doing this behind guarded walls. If they were really for this cause, then they would be protesting outside police headquarters and city halls and have marches going on down the streets like Martin Luther King Jr did. But they don't really care about any of this. They are just sheep who want their 16 minutes of fame.

when protests are held in the manner you suggest the nasty name calling from the right gets even more intense lol

Old 01-18-2020, 08:55 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There seems to be some confusion on why these people are 'taking a knee'...the way I see it they are doing the patriotic thing, kneeling down in a way to bring awareness that our govt is seriously dysfunctional, and even criminal in certain regards!

Some people seem to think that kneeling is disrespecting the country...thats not it at all! Kneeling is meant to disrespect the current US govt, (which is different from disrespecting the US as a nation), I guess many people cannot see the difference?

the average member of the "right" either does not possess critical thinking skills, or chooses not to use them

Old 01-18-2020, 09:01 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,183 times
She can do this and people can agree with her or not. I don't agree or care what she does.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:08 AM

10,029 posts, read 9,503,170 times
Come on guys she’s just following in Kaepernicks footsteps in demonstrating to bring attention to inequality and exploitation. I wonder if she was wearing the new Kaepernick‘s Nike shoes straight from a sweatshop overseas.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:11 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And the gov't was not dysfunctional before Trump???? These problems have existed for years and no one took a knee to bring awareness to them.
Your timeline is off. Kaepernick and the NFL first started taking a knee at the beginning of the 2016 NFL season. That would have been several months before Trump was even elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies