Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 06:32 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
CO2 is a trace gas @ .040%

The power mad FREAKS that rule this Earth have deemed this life giving molecule as a POLLUTANT.
Nobody is saying that naturally occurring CO2 is a pollutant. But the Supreme Court has ruled that CO2 emissions from cars and power plants meets the EPA definition of a pollutant. The operative concept here is that this is man-made CO2 that is of concern. So quit worrying about the naturally occurring CO2.

Quote:
Politics + Science = Evil!!!
Science produces lots of things that are useful for people but people can be really stupid so politicians have to step in. Like dynamite - great invention but harmful if used improperly so it is controlled. Same with drugs like morphine. Or poisons. Science discovered the electromagnetic spectrum but it took politicians to divide it up so there isn't chaos with anyone transmitting on any frequency. There are millions of things science has produced that get regulated, and combustion engines and fossil fuels is just another one in the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2020, 06:33 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Yes, polluted with politics from the right...
Sorry you feel that way.

Here's some more Heller logic for you.

Get well soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-2Clt5Jqw

Old 01-19-2020, 06:35 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
What you don't understand, or choose to ignore, is that science has been POLLUTED with politics.

No Bueno me amigo.

It is so obvious.

Perhaps you're young.

I'm 50, btw
One thing I learned growing up is that elders aren’t as knowledgeable as one thinks they are.

Sure, they have knowledge in their respective fields/experiences. But bring something new that goes against their narrative, either they’re intrigued, or they refuse to learn and think “how dare a younger person thinks they know more than me”

Old 01-19-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Nobody is saying that naturally occurring CO2 is a pollutant. But the Supreme Court has ruled that CO2 emissions from cars and power plants meets the EPA definition of a pollutant. The operative concept here is that this is man-made CO2 that is of concern. So quit worrying about the naturally occurring CO2.

Science produces lots of things that are useful for people but people can be really stupid so politicians have to step in. Like dynamite - great invention but harmful if used improperly so it is controlled. Same with drugs like morphine. Or poisons. Science discovered the electromagnetic spectrum but it took politicians to divide it up so there isn't chaos with anyone transmitting on any frequency. There are millions of things science has produced that get regulated, and combustion engines and fossil fuels is just another one in the list.
YES! It's time to bring this voodoo back to the SCOTUS!

The left have been chasing Russians, and CO2 molecules...

Flailing comes to mind.

The left are rudderless after the fall of the USSR; poor things.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way.

Here's some more Heller logic for you.

Get well soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-2Clt5Jqw
Already out do realize by my previous posts tha I’m not gonna take tony heller seriously?

Old 01-19-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Already out do realize by my previous posts tha I’m not gonna take tony heller seriously?
Ok. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Ok. Good luck!

I think you nees it more friend.
Obviously you didn’t star this thread for a debate since you’ve made up your mind. But I posted some info so folks can see both sides of the arguement. Right down to how credible your source is...

Old 01-19-2020, 07:58 PM

18,438 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
I think you nees it more friend.
Obviously you didn’t star this thread for a debate since you’ve made up your mind. But I posted some info so folks can see both sides of the arguement. Right down to how credible your source is...

who is potholer54?

Old 01-19-2020, 08:07 PM

"Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity.

For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers. The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present -- and is gravely to be regarded.
Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite."

Part of Dwight D. Eisenhower's Farewell Address
Delivered 17 January 1961

Last edited by SeaMaj7; 01-19-2020 at 08:31 PM..

Old 01-19-2020, 08:35 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,382 times
https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/

We should be asking why Trump's government is peddling this blatantly obvious climate change hoax. Seriously folks, his government is peddling the biggest lie in history (aside from evolution) and you just sit around and say nothing. It's time to stop being a bunch of mindless cheerleaders and start demanding some accountability! It's baffling that this is the same agency that sent men to the moon. #defundNASA&NOAA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies