Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 05:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

I am no climatologist or even a weatherman. What I do know is that in my life time I have seen changes. Where I grew up you ice skating on the ponds by Christmas. Never had a year that we couldn't. My kids never skated on ponds because the ice never got thick enough, long enough. 50 miles from where I grew up.

First day of deer season we always had snow (first Monday after thanks giving). Now it's in the 40's. I don't blame it all on man. I think it's a cycle. I do believe that man is exasperating the cycle.

Yes we had hot days in the 60's 70's and 80's. We also had some freezing weather that reached down to Florida. That isn't what climate change is about.

There are measurables. The temperature of the Ocean. The Oceans impact weather. This I learned in 10th grade back in 1978. Earth Science Class.

I keep it simple. I dont crap where I eat. I planted a lot of trees. Grew my own veggies. had great well water. Had solar panels on my house before Obama and the Dems with the help of Solyndra invented them. I had a kickass Ground source Heat pump and my own pond. That seldom froze completely over or thick enough to skate on. No ones ponds did at least not for the entire winter like days of old.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 01-22-2020 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 05:38 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
The earth heats and cools periodically. All the rest is pure speculation.

Old 01-22-2020, 05:44 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Its the pattern. So if it gets consistently cold each year in Florida, you’ll then realize that there is a pattern of weather that is changing resulting in a cooler climate. Not because it was cold one year..
roaring laughing.....polar vortex is what brings freezing temps to Florida..they changed the name from "cold front" to "polar votex" and you fell for it

you guys are a hoot!

..and you just said China, India, and the vast majority of countries..and all of their climate scientists...are willfully ignorant

the head of the UN/IPCC was from India....and India is increasing it's CO2 emissions as fast as it can.....rotfl
and almost all of it from coal and oil > https://www.carbonbrief.org/wp-conte.../03/chart6.png

Old 01-22-2020, 05:49 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, your own Man Made Climate Alarmists are basing all of their claims on a FEW DECADES of WEATHER. Wake up.
Not true at all.

The global tend is definitely warming and we have the made-up horse **** data to prove it!

Old 01-22-2020, 05:54 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Amazing, that people still don't understand the difference between. Global Warming, Climate Change, and weather.
........................... and liberals will redefine, and re-categorize all of the above to fit their agenda.

Make no mistake of it- AGW is pseudo science. The greater problem, beyond the hundreds of billions of dollars in capital wasted, is robbing the population of thinking critically. Now, in the world of AGW, there is one and only one cause of everything that threatens the planet- CO2. No longer is rational science or careful examination of a problem faced by the world; we can just say that CO2 causes everything and ignore any threats.

AGW is just another demonstration of the threat posed by liberalism to America and western civilization.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:00 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I think you answered your own question.

The few decades of weather saw a lot of change in a short span compared to the natural cycle that takes longer.

Statistical noise does not a trend make.

Get back to me when the surface temperature increases five degrees C for at least a century.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:08 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Get back to me when the surface temperature increases five degrees C for at least a century.

And in a few spots up north where a glacier receded, it's revealed ancient farming tools, utensils, and arrowheads from humans that used to live there. What caused it to ice over and become uninhabitable ? The internal combustion engine wouldn't have been invented for centuries !

Extra credit: Why was Greenland named, well, "Greenland" ?

Old 01-22-2020, 11:53 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

You wouldn't like it....4°C of global warming could lead to substantial species extinctions, large risks to global and regional food security, and the risk of irreversibly destabilizing Greenland's massive ice sheet causing a huge rise in sea levels.....5°C would be much worse.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:44 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Tell me Corrie22, do you or do you not believe in AGW?
Ha! You have FAITH! Believe in you RELIGION!

No, thanks!

Old 01-23-2020, 10:46 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Amazing, that people still don't understand the difference between. Global Warming, Climate Change, and weather.
It doesn't fit the agenda. Look I get the argument that we live on a volatile planet, but common sense dictates that when you have an over population of any species (including man) there is an impact on the environment. Is our planet heating up? Yes. Would it do so without man and pollution? I'm guessing yes. Are we exacerbating the warm up? I'd guess yes. We do not have a symbiotic relationship with our planet. We are the most destructive force on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies