Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2020, 01:08 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,370,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
No it's about mcconnel and his collusion with trump to avoid a serious trial were EVERYONE knows will result in removal. Propaganda anyone? Can I get extra cheese with that that load of cr@p?
"EVERYONE knows will result in removal" Do you really believe that? Like Schiff, you seem to think putting down those that disagree with you are going to be swayed by insulting them and their beliefs - you must live in a real hellish world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 01:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
PLEASE. FOX News lies in prime time alone more in one day than the other networks lie in a month.
That is a lie.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:12 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,041,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There was no vote before the subpoenas were issued.

You should really be paying attention, this has already been covered many times.

On top of that, the White House does not have to comply, they have every right to contest the subpoenas in court.
Not going to bite on this as I am paying attention and the post was about executive privilege.

I've already explained myself on why the dems did not go the subpoena route.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:13 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,370,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You're right. I did mean t type offense

But it the Senate doesn't take any stock in the House investigation, they should definitely do their own. Insist that witness be called, documents reviewed, tapes listened to, ...

Time to get the facts on the table.
Not the Senates job, the House should have done their job and gone through the process if they wanted witnesses "to get the facts on the table".

Old 01-25-2020, 01:13 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Not going to bite on this as I am paying attention and the post was about executive privilege.

I've already explained myself on why the dems did not go the subpoena route.
Yeah, they knew they would lose in court.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Actually not true (I think you meant offense instead of defense) - historically, has never been charged in any other impeachment.

You also seem to want to ignore that Grand Juries hear the evidence presented by the investigators, this is the first time that congress did not have an independent investigation for ANY impeachment inquiry, The house (grand jury) while acting as investigators , blocked almost half of the "grand jury" from hearing some of the evidence, asking questions or taking an active roll in the investigation.

This was a one sided "railroad" investigation, definitely not impartial seekers of facts - why should the senate take much stock in this "investigation".
Hmmm. And why is that? Because in the limited history of presidential impeachment all of the accused cooperated with Congress by providing witnesses and documents.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The case is weak, that's why the democrats are demanding witnesses.

The democrats know that have no possible chance to win this case, so they want to try to muddy the waters by calling witnesses that have privileged information.

Its all about optics for the dems because they know they have no case.
Man turn of your shuffle option. You keep repeating the same old song!

Old 01-25-2020, 01:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Republican lawyers kicked ass today.

That is all.
I'm amazed that Republicans think the Republicans did well today and that Democrats think the Democraats did well earlier in the week! Shocked, I tell ya!

Or not.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:22 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Not going to bite on this

That would be best, because you can't win that argument.

Quote:
Hmmm. And why is that? Because in the limited history of presidential impeachment all of the accused cooperated with Congress by providing witnesses and documents.
That was beacuse

1. The House held a vote to authorize an impeachment investigation.

2. They went to the courts to determine the issues of executive privilege.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So where's the evidence? The House wheeled in entire cartfuls today. NONE of it proves any wrongdoing by Trump.
https://twitter.com/RepValDemings/st...b6779e9c2c7ad8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies