Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2020, 09:35 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
And I repeat for the 10th time, why didn't the republican controlled congress do anything about it?
1) They knew they would be called racist.

2) They weren't driven by ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome) and didn't want to put the country through the turmoil of an impeachment, driven by partisan hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 09:37 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,041,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I've been saying for a year that Kellyanne and George and collaborating on a tell-all book as soon as Trump is out of office, and that she is working in the WH just to gather intel.

There will most certainly be a lot of books written, none of them positive, and if Trump is acquitted the GOP will wear the stench of aiding and abetting a criminal as long as histories are written.
You know I had a dream early on in this madness that Mike Pompeo was the whistle-blower. But I like your theory better. The fact that she's a woman makes it all the more plausible. That would be awesome!

Old 01-26-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Why didn’t the Dems collect the evidence before they went forward with impeachment? Lol
Asked and answered. Multiple times.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:40 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
You know I had a dream early on in this madness that Mike Pompeo was the whistle-blower. But I like your theory better. The fact that she's a woman makes it all the more plausible. That would be awesome!
It's been pretty well established that it is a diehard Trump hater in the CIA who was looking for a "gotcha" on Trump for years.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
1) They knew they would be called racist.

2) They weren't driven by ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome) and didn't want to put the country through the turmoil of an impeachment, driven by partisan hatred.
You want to play the repeat question game? OK

OH! Here comes the race card!

Old 01-26-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
It's been pretty well established that it is a diehard Trump hater in the CIA who was looking for a "gotcha" on Trump for years.
Buzzkill!

Old 01-26-2020, 09:55 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
If that's the case, he got his wish, in spades. With Trump, that was as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. He could have phoned it in.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:57 PM

23,477 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Yes Berdee. Thank you for making my point.

litigate: to carry on a legal contest by judicial process

judicial process: the series of steps in the course of the administration of justice through the established system of courts

investigate: to observe or study by close examination and systematic inquiry

systematic inquiry: Systemic inquiry is inquiry, research, or evaluation that is based on systems concepts or systems principles.

research: Research is a process of systematic inquiry that entails collection of data; documentation of critical information; and analysis and interpretation of that data/information

I think that covers it.
Lol, nope. You had a swing and a miss

"to investigate and decide upon questions of law and fact presented in such an action"
Why did you overlook "fact presented"?

Fact
n. an actual thing or happening, which must be proved at trial by presentation of evidence and which is evaluated by the finder of fact (a jury in a jury trial, or by the judge if he/she sits without a jury)

Presented (adjective)
Meaning:
Given formally or officially

(and for extra credit, lol)...
fact finder (finder of fact)
n. in a trial of a lawsuit or criminal prosecution, the jury or judge (if there is no jury) who decides if facts have been proven.

The gist of the matter...

"which must be proved at trial by presentation of evidence(<--the House's job) and which is evaluated by the finder of fact(<--the Senate's job)"

tag, you're it.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
you better call Mitch and let him know, cuz he's not letting someone out on bail for felony indictments come and testify in front of the Senate....ain't happening pal... git your boys back together, issue some more subpeonas....lol these phony charges aren't even impeachable...
And yet you'll want us to believe that Clinton should have been impeached over getting oral sex from an intern was when he was impeached was NOT phony... You don't care about rule of law until a Democrat is in office, admit it. I highly doubt you would have been sitting down accepting this if it were Obama and not Trump. I can say I would have held the same beliefs that the President should be impeached, not censured (an entirely meaningless gesture) and removed from office for what Trump is alleged to have done regardless if it was Democrat or Republican.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:53 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,370,512 times
Quote:
It is. In a criminal trial it would be obstruction of justice. A crime.

Obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, is a crime consisting of obstructing prosecutors, investigators, or other government officials.

In the context of impeachment obstruction is not a crime but an impeachable offense. It may not sway the Senate but it is impeachable, obviously.
It is not obstruction when never formally request information and it is not obstruction if never go through the process of judicial review of the issue.

If it was a criminal court, one side can request info but is not obstructed until a court forces the compelling of info and the other side then refuses.

If there is a disagreement on the issue of executive privilege - the courts are there to adjudicate the issue between the 2 equal branches. This was done in both the Nixon and Clinton cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies