Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 04:45 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times

Advertisements

We have seen Trumps attorney do what Schiff said they would.

They have not defended Trump's actions.

They have thrown a whole bunch of stuff up on the wall.

Toomey (R) Pa. is so scared that he will have to remove Trump he has put up some sort of deal for witnesses.

Trump is guilty as charged and should be removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 04:46 PM

21,929 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Agree.

I disagree with this premise. I would need to see hard evidence that an egocentric billionaire who refused to put his assets in a blind trust would pass up an opportunity to leverage his power to accumulate more wealth.

A couple points:

First, I'm on record as saying I have no problem with investigations into the Bidens. I believe in meritocracy, so I despise it when people have cushy jobs and wealth handed to them simply because of who their parents are. So naturally I don't think very highly of Hunter Biden or any of the Trumps.

That said, I don't buy the narrative that Trump was only concerned about America's interests when he tried to leverage foreign aid for an announced investigation into the Bidens. You don't send your personal attorney and a couple of goons to negotiate if what you're doing is above-board, and everyone who has been willing to testify under oath has confirmed that Trump was singularly focused on Biden/Burisma, instead of fighting corruption in general. The only people who insist that Trump's motivation was pure have refused to testify under oath.

Second, you lose some credibility when you say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together. If you were truly interested in drawing logical inferences from the evidence, you wouldn't be defending Trump's actions at every turn. Instead, you'd have to acknowledge that Trump has been deflecting, lying, and stonewalling to prevent the truth from coming out.

It's fair to take the position that both Trump and Biden should be investigated. But when you insist that Trump is innocent while arguing that "2+2 = only the Bidens are corrupt," you're not being logical.
Possibly but I have gone on record here before saying I don't care if Trump IS guilty. Why? Because for the first time in my 56 year old life, I feel like the President is working for MY interests and and not his.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Agree.

I disagree with this premise. I would need to see hard evidence that an egocentric billionaire who refused to put his assets in a blind trust would pass up an opportunity to leverage his power to accumulate more wealth.

A couple points:

First, I'm on record as saying I have no problem with investigations into the Bidens. I believe in meritocracy, so I despise it when people have cushy jobs and wealth handed to them simply because of who their parents are. So naturally I don't think very highly of Hunter Biden or any of the Trumps.

That said, I don't buy the narrative that Trump was only concerned about America's interests when he tried to leverage foreign aid for an announced investigation into the Bidens. You don't send your personal attorney and a couple of goons to negotiate if what you're doing is above-board, and everyone who has been willing to testify under oath has confirmed that Trump was singularly focused on Biden/Burisma, instead of fighting corruption in general. The only people who insist that Trump's motivation was pure have refused to testify under oath.

Second, you lose some credibility when you say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together. If you were truly interested in drawing logical inferences from the evidence, you wouldn't be defending Trump's actions at every turn. Instead, you'd have to acknowledge that Trump has been deflecting, lying, and stonewalling to prevent the truth from coming out.

It's fair to take the position that both Trump and Biden should be investigated. But when you insist that Trump is innocent while arguing that "2+2 = only the Bidens are corrupt," you're not being logical.
And further, I have seen the bank records of Hunter Biden getting huge payouts and listened to the entire left (media and all of you lefties) deny their is any reason to even LOOK at the Bidens.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:48 PM

Ken Starr has turned into a old fool.

Starr has become inconsistent at best.

Trump and his Fox lawyers are in trouble.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Funny that DipSchift is live saying exactly this live right now, 15 minutes after you posted it.. Without any interruptions from the media like the R's get.

Tell me there's no conspiracy here.

Liar Dems

CN
What? Come again?

What is it has you so frustrated? The fact that the republicans had FOUR years to bring an investigation into the Biden's and yet didn't do so?

Eh?

Trump seems to have discovered the Bidens right when he started beating him in hypothetical polls.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
And further, I have seen the bank records of Hunter Biden getting huge payouts and listened to the entire left (media and all of you lefties) deny their is any reason to even LOOK at the Bidens.
It sure would be good to see the Trump taxes and bank records.

That one will never happen because the Trump's are dirty.

Nothing Trump has done is for the people of this country. It is for Trump, his family and his friends.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

I thought the EXACT same thing.

Back in my fox news days (all Monica, all the time); Ken Starr seemed like a larger than life figure. I mean, honestly, it was the whole Monica/Clinton thing that got me started watching 24 hour news and suddenly interested in politics.

Today, Starr seemed old and small. He's missed a step.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:53 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What? Come again?

What is it has you so frustrated? The fact that the republicans had FOUR years to bring an investigation into the Biden's and yet didn't do so?

Eh?

Trump seems to have discovered the Bidens right when he started beating him in hypothetical polls.
Trump never intended to investigate the Bidens.

It seems the DNC and their obsession with impeachment over an alleged attempt to investigate the Bidens, has turned a bright spotlight on in the Biden's general direction, and the rest of the DNC in the background.

Perhaps you missed that bit of irony.

CN

Last edited by Compression; 01-27-2020 at 05:10 PM..

Old 01-27-2020, 05:07 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1221935749655859202

Old 01-27-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Why? Why are they in trouble? How come you lefties don't say anything about the actual case? Just post nonsense like this with no backup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies