Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2020, 09:15 AM

858 posts, read 424,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I wish my father could of got me a job that paid a million dollars a year for not knowing squat about the business.
And you feel suspected nepotism alone is grounds for impeachment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Why? So I can give you the specifics which we have all heard ad nauseam, and then you can give me the rebuttals, which we have all heard ad nauseam? And then in the end we will both keep believing what we believed before we ever discussed it with each other? That seems like an awful waste of time.
Figured I get a response like this.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:17 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He was talking about people lying....just showing that the right is not the only people who lie. Or don't you remember the lie of the russian peeing hookers or what shiff stated in his grossly misrepresented statement about the phone call?
Don’t forget about all the piles of collusion evidence that Schiff has, and will be releasing very soon.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:18 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Figured I get a response like this.
Why wouldn’t you? Don’t you get tired of rehashing the same crap over and over again? Isn’t your time more valuable than that?

You may as well be asking me to play a game of tic tac toe with you.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:19 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
There is no real evidence that either of them is guilty. A bunch of hearsay is all I have heard.

But, anyone who is the least bit honest with themselves, knows that it is more likely than not that they both did what they are being accused of doing. That doesn’t mean it’s an impeachable offense. Presidents have done worse without being impeached. This whole impeachment was just one of several attempts to nullify the votes of 63 million Americans.

But if you want to go on saying you think that the Bidens are innocent in all of this while Trump is guilty, that’s your prerogative. But it makes you look either naive, partisan, or a fool.
Will not comment on who is the partisan fool here, but witness testimony and evidence have been presented that clearly demonstrate that Trump abused his power by blocking funds authorized by Congress in order to get Ukraine to manufacture some dirt on Biden.

There is no evidence that Biden did anything of the sort.

Evidence has been presented that clearly demonstrates that Trump obstructed Congress in fulfilling their constitutionally mandated oversight duty.

There is no evidence that Biden did anything of the sort.

I agree that other Presidents have done worse. Bush, for example, was asleep at the wheel before the attacks of 9/11, asleep at the wheel while the nation suffered a catastrophic economic rip off, and lied us into wars that we are still mired down in. He and Cheney both should have been pitched out for dereliction of duty.

But that's water under the bridge. Here we are and Trump has been caught red handed abusing his power for personal gain and obstructing Congress.

These are clearly impeachable offenses.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Why wouldn’t you? Don’t you get tired of rehashing the same crap over and over again? Isn’t your time more valuable than that?
You can point me to another post or link that explains what crimes or impeachable offenses Joe Biden is alleged to have commited.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:21 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
There is no real evidence that either of them is guilty. A bunch of hearsay is all I have heard.

But, anyone who is the least bit honest with themselves, knows that it is more likely than not that they both did what they are being accused of doing. That doesn’t mean it’s an impeachable offense. Presidents have done worse without being impeached. This whole impeachment was just one of several attempts to nullify the votes of 63 million Americans.

But if you want to go on saying you think that the Bidens are innocent in all of this while Trump is guilty, that’s your prerogative. But it makes you look either naive or partisan. Or maybe both.

Sounds like you hear what you what to hear? Nullifying the votes of 63 millions Americans is what Vladimir Putin accomplished in 2016, when selected Donald Trump President.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:39 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Oh how I long for the day when Dems can discern the difference between allegations and evidence. Very difficult concept for them to understand.

if they don't like you, every utterance is stone cold evidence.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:43 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
No, but she is having State of the Union pens with “No acquittal yet” pens made.

Old 02-02-2020, 10:02 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
And you feel suspected nepotism alone is grounds for impeachment?
No, but some might look at it in a different light. I give you 1 billion of American tax $$. you take it and give it to some corrupt people in the Ukraine. He in turn hires your son (with no legit reason to be there) pays him more $$ than a person in that position would normally make. In many circles this would be considered money laundering and be breaking many laws. I'm not saying this is what happened but because Biden was put in Charge of Ukraine it just straight out looks bad. You should always stay above reproach and in this case Biden didn't. It should have been looked into by an unbiased investigation. Trump should not have been having Guilliani doing it. Didn't have a problem with the justice dept looking into it.
Just like others have said. Biden could have clearly done some things wrong and Dems will never look at it that way no matter how incriminating things could be. Trump could have clearly done some thing wrong and the GOP will never look at it that way. No sense in debating it , no one will convince anyone on either side to change their mind. Everyone is blinded by their party , it's not a Dem or GOP inclusive thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies