Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe there be a fair senate impeachment trial?
Yes 73 39.67%
No 111 60.33%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 05:20 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I believe it will be about as fair and honest as what Pelosi and her cohorts pulled off.
The senate trial will be much more fair, the senate is following precedent, and is giving Trump the same process that the senate gave a democrat (Clinton).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2020, 05:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Acquittal is what happens in a fair trial. Trump will simply remain impeached but not thrown out of office.

The US Senate can rule on the Constitutionality of the actual Impeachment.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:23 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
In the Clinton impeachment, all of the discovery was done by an independent prosecutor (Ken Starr) with whom Clinton cooperated. In the Clinton impeachment, the President never once asserted executive privilege, much less ordered the entire executive branch to defy Starr's subpoenas regardless of whether executive privilege could even apply (like Trump has done).

The reason complete discovery could not be conducted at the House level is self-evident: Trump blocked the House from doing so. It is now incumbent on the Senate to decide whether to reward Trump's opacity or impress upon the Executive (and the American people) that governmental transparency and accountability are paramount. Frankly, I do not believe the current GOP Senators will rise to the task. I hope I am wrong.

No, because he was still trying to hide the fact that he's a serial rapist/sexual harasser.

Instead of asserting executive privilege, he lied under oath...ya-know, "co-operated."

As for the next fishing expedition Democrats would like to arrange, they can go to court if they want the president's documents.

Of course that's all a ruse because nothing will be learned that wasn't known to all when the phone call transcript was released.

It's just an effort by Democrats to make excuses before they are shot down once again.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:02 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The senate trial will be much more fair, the senate is following precedent, and is giving Trump the same process that the senate gave a democrat (Clinton).
Not true at all. Clinton testified. Trump can't get his lies straight so of course his lawyers advise Trump against it. But there was evidence and documents presented in the Clinton impeachment BEFORE the trial started, not after. MOSCOW MITCH is engaged in a corrupt cover up.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:05 PM

WHAT? Pelosi fist bumping Bill Maher wasn't enough?

The bleating in this topic is hilarious. '

Democrats thinking that a 100% partisan sham impeachment, which then Pelosi sat on for a month, is going anywhere good for them.

They are going to be blowing their tops.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:15 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
I'm glad the poll was made public, since the results are what I expected, along party lines....

Old 01-21-2020, 06:24 PM

This says it all. And where it's going to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbixdV2F6Ts

Old 01-21-2020, 06:26 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I believe it will be about as fair and honest as what Pelosi and her cohorts pulled off.
Yes, this is one of your team’s talking points, but I’ll bet you can’t explain why the House proceedings were actually unfair to Trump, who was given an opportunity to present witnesses and documents. Instead of presenting evidence to support his “perfect” call summary, he ordered the entire executive branch to deny any and all requests for testimony and documents.

That’s why we keep hearing buzzwords like “due process” and “secret depositions” and “sham,” without any context. Every day, the GOP thanks God for low-information constituents.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:58 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WHAT? Pelosi fist bumping Bill Maher wasn't enough?

The bleating in this topic is hilarious. '

Democrats thinking that a 100% partisan sham impeachment, which then Pelosi sat on for a month, is going anywhere good for them.

They are going to be blowing their tops.
Not as bad as Hannity joining Trump onstage at his rallies and smear campaigns.

Last edited by KayAnn246; 01-21-2020 at 07:11 PM..

Old 01-21-2020, 07:07 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm glad the poll was made public, since the results are what I expected, along party lines....
For all the newbies out there on the P&OC forum, you now have a cheat sheet of where allegiances lie....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies