Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 02:37 PM

1,159 posts, read 612,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What a psycho.

While I'm sure he'll have supporters on here, hope they punish him to the extreme.

https://time.com/5768658/california-...eens-rams-car/
I disagree. Not a psycho at all. Those dumb kids shouldn't be doing stupid things!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 02:41 PM

Good. They are doing bad things so they should be punished. SAME THING as the case where those boys were throwing rocks off the bridge and killed a guy in Michigan- they're stupid too.

Old 01-25-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
What do you mean by this? Why would anyone support doing this?
I support him 199975% .. why were those little losers messing with people? Karma!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Big whoop. No one's been executed in California since 2006. And Gov. Gruesome declared a moratorium on executions in 2019.
Exactly. This isn't Texas

Old 01-25-2020, 03:26 PM

18,544 posts, read 7,292,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Good. They are doing bad things so they should be punished. SAME THING as the case where those boys were throwing rocks off the bridge and killed a guy in Michigan- they're stupid too.
No, it's not even close to the same thing. Boys throwing rocks off a bridge are endangering human life.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:50 PM

50,311 posts, read 35,948,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
It’s not at all the same thing.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,989,915 times
https://www.pe.com/2020/01/23/arraig...ges-postponed/

This guy’s arraignment is postponed fir a month. In the meantime, he us being held and can’t be bailed out.

My take is this guy has a hot temper that pushes him to do violent things. Remember, he was doing damage to his own car when he rammed the prius. I think he belongs in custody. His track record is not good.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:51 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,755,473 times
deleted my response.

Not worth it.

Speaking only for myself, I don't want to live in a world where young people don't do stupid, madcap, funny-only-to-themselves things. That's the energy of youth. As it should be. An outbreak of "high-spiritedness".

I do wonder - did the perp actually MEAN to kill the boys? Is he, himself, a little shocked at what he's done, and he only intended to wreck their car? I really can't imagine intending to murder teens who ding dong ditched him.

Be interesting to see what his defense will be.

Honestly, his mugshot looks like some ancient art depicting the devil in the form of a pig.

Last edited by ClaraC; 01-25-2020 at 06:05 PM..

Old 01-25-2020, 06:46 PM

15,243 posts, read 8,856,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hahaha, I remember my grandfather saying they did the same thing. That must go way back. They'd also tip over outhouses with people in them.
Me too. The tradition goes back to 19th-century England, or earlier. When I was a kid, nobody thought it was a big deal. But today it's a different world. At least two kids have gotten shot doing it in the last 10 years.

Quote:
Michael Bishop, a 56-year-old man in Louisville, Kentucky, shot at a group of children playing ding dong ditch at his house on 13 June 2011. A 12-year-old boy was hit in the back with a shotgun blast and "the boy was taken to Kosair Children's Hospital with what police call non-life-threatening injuries". The shooter was charged with attempted murder. On December 8, 2015, his final day in office, outgoing Kentucky governor Steve Beshear issued 197 pardons, including a pardon for Michael Bishop.

A 14-year-old Oklahoma teenager, Cole Peyton, was shot in the back and arm while playing "ding dong ditch" in the early hours of New Year's Day of 2016
Knock, Knock, Ginger - Wikipedia

Old 01-25-2020, 07:12 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,755,473 times
My kid's high school had a long standing tradition of "kidnapping" band freshmen the morning of the first football game and taking them out to a fun breakfast as a warm welcome to the band, in the wee hours of the morning the first football Friday.

This went on for about 40 years. Parents were notified, all went well, very very fun.

Until about 2001. There were two band kids who were threatened with guns for knocking on the door to pick up a freshman in the wee hours, although the parents were notified that a band senior would be there to collect their freshman on that Friday, and they acknowledged in email they wanted their freshman to participate. But for some reason, they forgot the date, and chased the senior around with gun. Thank God they didn't shoot.

That year the band director ended this whole thing. If your want your freshman to participate, he said, drive him to this location, we'll have a fun breakfast.

Because the band director didn't want to have a senior murdered by some crazy parent who will shoot a teen standing on their front porch at 5 am.

We've a bit lost our minds, IMHO.

People. STOP THINKING YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO KILL SOMEONE WHO IS ON YOUR FRONT PORCH AFTER DARK.

Last edited by ClaraC; 01-25-2020 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies