Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 03:56 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I think she's the pawn for a set-up specifically orchestrated by polluting industries. The goal being to actively turn people OFF of environmentalism altogether by making it seem so obnoxious, abrasive, and irrational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 04:01 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Honestly, I think she's the pawn for a set-up specifically orchestrated by polluting industries. The goal being to actively turn people OFF of environmentalism altogether by making it seem so obnoxious, abrasive, and irrational.
You may be right. Watching her lecture people and with the annoying "HOW DARE YOU" rhetoric she was saying. I was like screw off kid, coming at me like that. The message gets lost for your cause when you act like an asshat like her.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:12 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Greta's handlers give away the game when they have her divert from her usual environmental topics and toward other stock leftist talking points like bringing down global capitalism and the smashing the patriarchy and all that. 16-year-olds do not organically stumble their way into such specific insights about the human condition.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:17 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You may be right. Watching her lecture people and with the annoying "HOW DARE YOU" rhetoric she was saying. I was like screw off kid, coming at me like that. The message gets lost for your cause when you act like an asshat like her.
Same here. It's unfortunate, because most people aren't villains out to destroy the environment. Many people just aren't aware that they could make a surprisingly big difference (on an individual scale) by making a few easy tweaks to their normal lives, such as planning to combine Sunday errands instead of making separate trips starting the car from a cold engine each time.

Or knowing that food expiration dates are usually actually sell-by dates, so no need to throw food out as soon as many might think.

So many other examples. No need for people to become unwashed vegan hippies. Even one small change will help. And a lot of the ideas will save money and time, so it's a win win.

But people like Greta are doing absolutely everything to psychologically discourage people from even wanting to bother at all.

I do what I can to help minimize my footprint, but it's despite Greta, not because of her. lol

Old 01-22-2020, 04:20 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Greta's handlers give away the game when they have her divert from her usual environmental topics and toward other stock leftist talking points like bringing down global capitalism and the smashing the patriarchy and all that. 16-year-olds do not organically stumble their way into such specific insights about the human condition.
Excellent analysis.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:22 PM

962 posts, read 612,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Of course, because this is the left's playbook. Attack the messenger and your a ___-phobic ___-ist !

Disagree with Zero ? You RAYCISS !
Didn't vote for Cankles ? You woman-hating misogynist !
Saw through Jussie Smollet from the very first report ? RAYCISS *and* Homophobic !
Celebrated the death of the Iranian General ? You Islamophobe !
Speak out against Greta ? HOW DARE YOU pick on this developmentally challenged, depressed, autistic result of fetal alcohol syndrome ? HOW DARE YOU !
Best. Post. Ever.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:25 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I do what I can to help minimize my footprint, but it's despite Greta, not because of her. lol

I know some low IQ mouth breathing types who do things that are bad for the environment, because of Greta. It's not necessary to take out one's frustrations on the environment because Greta upsets them, but there are those types of people in the world. I think she is having a negative effect on the environment overall by causing people not to take the issue seriously, or causing them to think it's a scam all together.

Like I said in my first response though, helping the environment and minimizing man made climate change was never the point or objective.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:28 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No, she's willfully complicit in a global propaganda scam.

^^^^^^This. She's 17 now. When did her, and her parents start this escapade? Maybe when she was 15 or so. She is a career ACTIVIST made up to look like a 10 year old little girl by her handlers for marketing purposes. She and her family are getting wealthy from this hoax and economic redistribution scam of man made climate (weather) change. I blame her backers and her parents the most, however.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:29 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Funny, how whenever cons and trumpies quote a "news" story there's never a link to an actual credible source, outside of Trump tweets and Fox news, which is more or less state media, at this point. Gee, i wonder why that is.

here you go

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/warm-welcome/

Old 01-22-2020, 04:33 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Funny, how whenever cons and trumpies quote a "news" story there's never a link to an actual credible source, outside of Trump tweets and Fox news, which is more or less state media, at this point. Gee, i wonder why that is.
dunno, it's easy to find if you just Google it....

https://principia-scientific.org/mor...ice-than-1922/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies