Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 09:16 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Hardly a surprise. Democrats refuse to accept the results of a fair, democratic election and have been throwing a 4 year temper tantrum since Hillary lost to the orange man. These people are a serious threat to our republic and our system of government. They won't be satisfied until they install a totalitarian, all powerful government. Orwell recognized this a long, long time ago.
Can you please get a new talking point. I have many republican friends who think he should be removed from office. So it's not about democrats mad about the results. 1984 was a fascinating and brilliant novel. But this is what I think Trump wants to do. He wants to be all powerful without any interference from our other 2 branches of government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 11:05 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Can you please get a new talking point. I have many republican friends who think he should be removed from office. So it's not about democrats mad about the results. 1984 was a fascinating and brilliant novel. But this is what I think Trump wants to do. He wants to be all powerful without any interference from our other 2 branches of government.
We have Schiff sowing doubts about the 2016 election and also for an election that hasn’t happened yet. It pretty much says it all

Old 01-24-2020, 03:58 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
But this is what I think Trump wants to do. He wants to be all powerful without any interference from our other 2 branches of government.
And Schiff wants the Dems to be all powerful without any interference from the voters. They can't be trusted.

Old 01-24-2020, 05:16 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
This is truly some frightening stuff if you think about it. These whack jobs on the right are actively advocating that it is acceptable that the President of the United States can try to put another another world leader "in a box" to stir up some fake investigation about corruption related to his political opponent as an attempt to damage said political opponent to help in his own election. These whack jobs are okay with the President of the United States abusing his office rather than allowing for a fair election in 2020 as a means of supporting a racist clown, and not close to half the population of the country (more like 40% -the rubes) are eating it up with a spoon.

I've never said this before, but I'll say it now. I really believe that if Trump wins fairly in November, Democratic voters will continue to hold rallies and support their causes generally in line within their First Amendment rights. If it becomes clear that he wins unfairly, I think a lot of people will try to get their fellow citizens who voted for Trump to seek help.

If Trump loses fairly, Trump will try to rile up his base with disinformation, like he has dating back to his claim that Obama was born in Kenya in 2011. There will be civil unrest, because ultimately there's a portion of our population that sees Trump as some white savior, and don't realize he's basically a con man that started his career with a several hundred million dollar bankroll.

I'm not sure why Republicans care so much about this guy. If Trump's convicted in the Senate, then Pence becomes president. I honestly can't see the concern beyond the president having an (R) next to his or her name. I understand Republicans in Congress. Either he has compromising information on them, or in certain places they're concerned about being primaried from the right. Regular citizens, I don't understand. He doesn't care about you or what's best for the United States.

The reason why nobody has argued factually against what the Democratic House Managers have been saying the past 48 hours is because they don't have a leg to stand on. So they've tried to argue that obstruction by the White House and State Department is acceptable. They've tried to argue that laws don't apply to THIS president. They've contorted themselves like pretzels to rationalize something that they know in the back of their mind just is a little off about him, and this guy makes no sense but will pander to their Christianity or their beliefs about guns. They've said "nothing to see here" while never actually opening their eyes to see what's in front of them. They've plugged their ears and screamed "lalalalalala!" while claiming to never hear overwhelming evidence that what Trump did fits the very definition of an impeachable act.
I hear rants every day about Trump trying to destroy their political opponent.. what about the democrats going after Trump for three years over a fake corrupt Russian hoax. Three years of it and the dems like yourself complain about the corruption of what Joe Biden said with his own mouth. Give me a break. Investigation after investigation on every angle possible to weaken th popularity of Trump. You got a huge mote in your eye.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:01 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
This is a talking point that you guys have to give up on. The numbers just don't bear it out. It is just an attempt at gaslighting. Trump has the highest approval rating among his own party of any president in recent history.

Statistically, for every “republican friend” you have, that thinks he should be removed from office, you would have to have 9 republican friends who don’t.

So for you to have “many republican friends who think he should be removed from office”, it would mean you are “friends” with, what, 100 republicans? And 10 of them think he should be removed while the other 90 think he is doing a great job.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:26 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who's "we"?
I think you might need a reading comprehension course!

Old 01-24-2020, 06:30 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I hear rants every day about Trump trying to destroy their political opponent.. what about the democrats going after Trump for three years over a fake corrupt Russian hoax. Three years of it and the dems like yourself complain about the corruption of what Joe Biden said with his own mouth. Give me a break. Investigation after investigation on every angle possible to weaken th popularity of Trump. You got a huge mote in your eye.
Biden did not commit a corrupt act. Biden was following The US policy on ending corruption. Trump was going to use those POed people to try and discredit an opponent for personal gain.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:33 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
"But this is what I think Trump wants to do. He wants to be all powerful without any interference from our other 2 branches of government"
Ah, such short memories of the obama presidency!

"President Obama has a new phrase he's been using a lot lately: "I've got a pen, and I've got a phone." He's talking about the tools a president can use if Congress isn't giving him what he wants: executive actions."

Huge number of executive orders/memorandums, etc.

Over 2 HUNDRED "exemptions" granted, to mostly unions, from conforming with ocare, etc., etc., etc..

Old 01-24-2020, 06:36 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNnewsro...55237857247233

“The President's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won“

Not only do they not accept the result of the 2016 election but they are preemptively questioning the results of an election that hasn't happened yet.
That's what happens when the guy running is caught trying to get 3rd parties to interfere on his behalf.

All that empty talk about Democrats rigging elections, and it's Republicans who are trying to reward the guy caught trying to rig another election.

Old 01-24-2020, 07:05 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The same agencies that blamed Benghazi on a Youtube video? Yeah there is just a little bit of a credibility issue there.

What did those alleged companies do?

Be honest you like 95% of us knew who we weren't going to vote for by the end of the primaries..

Hillary lost because she was that bad. Why can't you accept it? She is quite possibly the least likable person in America. I used to think it was Trump, but she has him beat.
Yes our intelligence agencies have made mistakes in the past, does that mean we never believe anything again. We have to trust Trump and take Putin at his word rather than intelligence agencies.
Hillary was the second most disliked candidate in history, so not much of an achievement. Guess who was number 1?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies