Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2020, 05:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Speaking for myself I wouldn't date anyone with an over developed sense of societal guilt. They tend to be extreme in their beliefs, idealists, and rabidly oppose differing opinions. In short they are an absolute buzz kill.

I don't want to talk politics on a date. I don't want to talk white privilege during dinner. I don't want to hear about how women work harder than men for less pay, after I just did a 12.5 hour shift, half of which was working short because a female on the team is allowed reduced work schedule because she chose to be a mom. I don't begrudge women these benefits, but I dont want to hear I owe more either.
The beauty of starting very young is that, in general, no woman or man is going to tell the other how to be........

Dating at older ages (than teens) always will be a mine field because people get set in their ways. Our personalities, IMHO, are largely formed by 10 but we may suppress many aspects (or not know them) until about 10 years later.

Most of the gals and guys I knew in High School seem similar to me (at reunions) to what they were 40 years back or more. The #1 , #10 gal that we all lusted after? She married a rich texan (as one marriage) was all dolled up and never had kids and now loves Trump and Golfing.

One Flower Child in my class married a local whose dad left them a local Italian eatery - she became a nurse and talking to her today she is just as innocent, charming and sweet as she was when 16.

I remember when I found love early...that a couple beautiful young women we knew came to me and asked me how they can do the same. It may seem naive but I pretty much told them that anyone can get along with anyone...given the desire and common goal to do so.

As you may know, this is proven out in cultures with arranged marriages. Most are extremely successful (India, for example).

"According to a 2012 study by Statistic Brain, 53.25 percent of marriages are arranged worldwide. The global divorce rate for arranged marriages was 6.3 percent, which could be an indicator for the success rate of arranged marriages."
(US Divorce rate is 8X higher).

Yet another American Myth...that there is ONE SOUL somewhere in the world of billions who is "made for you".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 06:20 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,796,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
White nationalism is largely fueled by insecure guys who can't get gals in the first place.
Another complete miss......do you ever read anything you write....?

Old 01-25-2020, 06:46 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,441,621 times
Quote:
White nationalism is largely fueled by insecure guys who can't get gals in the first place.

I can see the danger if more guys can't hook up. Pent up frustration in young males is a major source of problems in the world.
You declare that all white nationalist are incels? Last I heard, Richard Spencer was married? Lol.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:57 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,797,636 times
Quote:

I can see the danger if more guys can't hook up. Pent up frustration in young males is a major source of problems in the world.
Lol.... I'm at a loss.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If we're in the problem prevention mode we need to look at what we as a society can do to rectify and or mitigate risks and problems with young men. I'm very interested in this subject.
The big problem with the rise of white nationalism is that, white nationalism has risen due to the 2008 economic fallout. The reason why we see all of this identity stuff on both the left and the right stems from the Great Recession. Than you have globalization, and challenges due to capitalism. If we want to reduce white nationalism, or any identity issue such as LGBT, Feminism, Black Lives or Pro Black, MGTOW etc. We have to address economic issues in our society. These identity issues did not spring up overnight, and were long time festering. Now they are out in a bag. Sadly white nationalism, and all of these other identities are very small, but extremely vocal. This is why it seems like every white person is a racist, or every purple haired woman is an SJW.

The economy that grew out of the recession in 2008 did not uplift the lives of many. Plenty of people are angry. Plenty of folks are pointing fingers at one another. Black people are pointing fingers at whites and immigrants, women are pointing fingers at men(especially straight white men), men are pointing fingers at women, white nationalist are pointing fingers at blacks, immigrants, LGBT are pointing fingers at straight people, SJWS are pointing fingers whites, straight people, and all males who are straight. Alt-Right puts blame on SJW's feminists, illegal immigrants etc. Right now in this country, we as a people are really divided. I hope things can improve and find some sort of forgiveness.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:14 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,245,492 times
Quote:
Speaking for myself I wouldn't date anyone with an over developed sense of societal guilt. They tend to be extreme in their beliefs, idealists, and rabidly oppose differing opinions. In short they are an absolute buzz kill.

I don't want to talk politics on a date. I don't want to talk white privilege during dinner. I don't want to hear about how women work harder than men for less pay, after I just did a 12.5 hour shift, half of which was working short because a female on the team is allowed reduced work schedule because she chose to be a mom. I don't begrudge women these benefits, but I dont want to hear I owe more either.
Thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Signed,
A woman.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:

Such topics are very divisive, and is very hard to comprehend without actually study of facts, if not facts than tryin to prove theories. It is good to talk about politics on a date, but not the first date. I would want to know if I'm dating an SJW, a Feminist, a BLM, or a woman that supports MAGA, and see if my moral compass can not only relate or align with her. Sadly it does not. Plenty of folks who believe in Social Justice, they believe in it like its a religion, its a way of life. Walking on eggshells is not fun and it can drive you the man mad inside. Like I said before. If you are a feminists of some sort. Please find yourself a male-feminists to date. If you are a black-feminists and you are tired of toxic masculinity in the black community, find your self a woke-Whiteman. If you are one of these white guilt folks and want to absolve yourself of whiteness. Force yourself to marry a person of color. This is the best advice I can give. In matter of fact. Let me make a woke dating site.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:26 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,955,804 times
I don’t think it’s as “dangerous” as it is a wet dream for incels and MGTOW inhabitants.
( not that there anything wrong with people doing their own thing).

Old 01-25-2020, 07:28 PM

8,486 posts, read 4,730,381 times
The question isn’t just whether you want to date a woke person specifically, but whether you want to generally date such a politically intense person? My answer is no. My wife and I are different poles politically, but we are fairly low key about it. It’s not a bothersome, divisive thing for us.

Also, that opinion piece the OP posted is based on the false premise that anybody who isn’t woke is just not for diversity and isn’t open to new people or things. That’s an untenable standard to hold anybody to, man or woman.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:33 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm guessing the women wouldn't want those particular men, so that works out fine. Maybe it's not so different from the men who were nervous about the assertive women that resulted from the feminist movement.
Feminist women are typically weak. Weak people blame others for their problems, and few groups in our society spend more time blaming others for their problems than feminists.

Announcing that you are "tough" is almost always an immediate indicator that you are not. That much-played clip of Ashley Judd doing as much during the 2016 campaign is a quintessential example of this. She's a perfect mess, but boy, is she a "nasty woman."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies