Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 08:02 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

ridiculous but entertaining.

Quote:
Not wanting to date "woke" women, far from being laughable, is actually one of the more insidious aspects of it. Spend an afternoon on any major dating app and you’ll come across (generally white) men saying openly sexist and misogynistic things. They might say "no psychos" or that they "****ing hate big eyebrows" in their bios. And, by and large, they also tend to hold extremely right-wing views and see themselves as victims of liberal thinking.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ref...i-woke-meaning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 08:07 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
What is this "woke" crap?

How has the loony left brought us to this point? Imagine if they were in power!

Protect America in 2020 and reelect Donald J. Trump!

Old 01-22-2020, 08:11 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Woke-mentally ill.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:11 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Well, at least they are dating woke women vs. dating sleeping women would be repulsive!

Old 01-22-2020, 08:12 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
I'm guessing the women wouldn't want those particular men, so that works out fine. Maybe it's not so different from the men who were nervous about the assertive women that resulted from the feminist movement.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Shrug. I for one am very happy whenever these guys declare themselves up front, so I can avoid them like the plague.

Does that make me 'woke'? I have no clue.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:18 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times
"Woke" seems to be based on the "Metoo" movement.

I have had straight men in their 20s and 30s who I have known who refuse to be along with women who they don't know well because they of the possible allegations of this and that.

Im gay and always act very stoic around women. I never say things that could be misintepreted around women. I always act very robotic around women also.

I would have been prefered to have been straight in the 1950s and 1960s, but this day in age I am glad I am gay because straight men seem to have lots of allegations towards them for anything not politically correct. They have to be very cautious to never say one wrong thing these days.

It seems as though more straight men though are afraid of allegations or just that one non-politically correct thing they say ruining their career or coming back to haunt them.

I have had many roommates over the years, who may be mostly straight on the Kinsey scale but not all the way who seem to prefer being around men just based on the fact with women they always have to have their guard up according to what they have told me.

Even being a gay man, I would never say anything that wasn't completely politically correct around women these days in any sort of environment.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:22 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Well, we are all somehow victims of liberal thinking. Notice how the spin is that it is a “dangerous rise” in conservative views by guys. Never mind that “dating sites” cannot be expected to be a place of complete propriety and a cozy corner of cyberspace where chivalry is preserved and only truly romantic gestures are in vogue. SOMEBODY needs a dose of reality! Come on! But such are the delusions of liberals: that they can impose their dictatorial expectations into the wildest, darkest corners of the universe and attempt to shame anyone who disagrees with them slightly by calling them “extremely right wing”.

The fact is, no one enjoys spending any time exposed to the carping of the “woke”,

Old 01-22-2020, 08:35 PM

17,312 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Just more “incels”.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:36 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
What is this "woke" crap?

How has the loony left brought us to this point? Imagine if they were in power!

Protect America in 2020 and reelect Donald J. Trump!
Woke is a term that has came out of academia in the past 5 years. Being woke is to deal aware and watchful for social issues based on black, indigenous, women, LGBT, undocumented, Islamic and disabled persons.

I'm not woke, but my girlfriend is. She does BLM, feminism, BLM and supports LGBT and undocumented. But she is in love, and wants to marry a man that is not woke and that he idealizes Alexander the Great. Since I'm dating a woke woman, but I do care about her and do love her. I can say that it is not worth being with a woke woman. A woke woman will try to punch you while your are down, and not punch up, also you cant agree with them. Also one being woke and not being woke, both couples will have very skewed world views that do not mesh well. My best bet is if you are a black woman, and you want a woke man. Find yourself a woke white man, or a male feminist for a relationship. Woke white women. Find your self a Muslim man, a black man or an undocumented and rid yourself of white supremacy. Or find yourself a white male feminist who feels guilty for being white. Find someone who shares the same worldview has you do.

A good example of a woke woman is this.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies