Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 09:55 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Nixon and Clinton were duly elected yet impeached. And Nixon left office beforehand so his legacy would not include removal from office by impeachment. It's still a stain on him. Clinton lied to congress about sex and republicans wanted him impeached. And here we have Trump, which many believe used his power to abuse and bully people in our country and our allies. Republicans just don't care. Why did Trump block everyone in his administration from testifying about their knowledge of what really happened in Ukraine
You are wrong. Richard Nixon was not impeached. Only 3 presidents have been impeached. Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump.

Nixon didn't only leave office before he was removed, he left office before the house impeachment vote, so he was never impeached.

I’m not sure how the rest of your post answers anything I said in the post you quoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 09:59 PM

929 posts, read 399,500 times
Quote:
Nixon and Clinton were duly elected yet impeached. And Nixon left office beforehand so his legacy would not include removal from office by impeachment. It's still a stain on him. Clinton lied to congress about sex and republicans wanted him impeached. And here we have Trump, which many believe used his power to abuse and bully people in our country and our allies. Republicans just don't care. Why did Trump block everyone in his administration from testifying about their knowledge of what really happened in Ukraine
Can you name someone who has first hand knowledge that Trump abuse his power and bully people? He blocked everyone from testifying because he knows he is being harassed left and right and at every corner just because THEY hate HIM, thats a fact! So guess what, if the Democrats wanted them to testify they should have fought in court, why didn't do that? Schiffty Schiff said the court takes too long, BS, and so what. They brought a half-ass case to the senate, garbage in-garbage out!

Old 01-22-2020, 09:59 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are wrong. Richard Nixon was not impeached. Only 3 presidents have been impeached. Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump.

Nixon didn't only leave office before he was removed, he left office before the house impeachment vote, so he was never impeached.

I’m not sure how the rest of your post answers anything I said in the post you quoted.
Read my post and not react from reading first sentence.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:03 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Read my post and not react from reading first sentence.
React? Hmm, I guess you could call it a reaction to reading factually incorrect information.

But how does the rest of your post have anything to do with my post that you quoted?

I may have to get back to this sometime tomorrow. I’m going to bed now.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Can you name someone who has first hand knowledge that Trump abuse his power and bully people? He blocked everyone from testifying because he knows he is being harassed left and right and at every corner just because THEY hate HIM, thats a fact! So guess what, if the Democrats wanted them to testify they should have fought in court, why didn't do that? Schiffty Schiff said the court takes too long, BS, and so what. They brought a half-ass case to the senate, garbage in-garbage out!
Trump blocked everyone from testifying because he knew they would incriminate him.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
LOL, except trump was using YOUR hard-earned and forcefully-extracted taxpayer money to extract from a vulnerable ally a personal favor benefiting only HIM, endangering YOUR national security and subverting YOUR government. Sucker!
It benefits me as a taxpayer to know that our money is being handed over, indirectly, to Hunter Biden by way of Burisma, how's that for an answer.

Endangering national security is by letting all illegal immigrants in, apologizing to Muslim people, giving billions of cash to Iran, letting Soleimani kill our troops---should I keep going? Sucker!

Old 01-22-2020, 10:06 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,054 times
Quote:
I'll answer your question, I can live with it because the President has the right and obligation to find out corruption from another country who we are giving taxpayer's money to--especially if it involves and benefited US politicians. Does it matter that it happens to be his political rival that's implicated in the corruption? Hell no.

How do you live with the fact that your lead manager, Schiff, is a known liar, who has twisted and bent many things in order to make Trump look bad?

If Schiff's case is so strong why take so much time to repeat same info over and over again?

Answer: Because if you don't have a case, you repeat the same info over and over again until people starts believing it, in this case that won't happen though, but nice try.
Give a single piece of evidence to suggest that trump is concerned about corruption.

Here are some salient facts that suggest the opposite is true:

trump did not mention corruption nor is there any evidence he did he prior to freezing aid. He only mentions Biden and Burisma.

The aid was frozen (illegally) despite having already been certified by anti-corruption officials in 2019 (and 2018, and 2017).

Hunter Biden had left Burisma before the certified aid was frozen anyway.

The aid was frozen shortly after Joe Biden announced his candidacy for president.

trump wants to repeal the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, a decades old anti-corruption act that prohibits foreign payments and bribes and is widely supported and seen as a model of anti-corruption. Legitimate business leaders overwhelmingly favor the FCPA.

Other countries receiving aid are considered more corrupt than Ukraine, oddly trump is apparently untroubled about those.

Sucker!

Old 01-22-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Trump blocked everyone from testifying because he knew they would incriminate him.
So why didn't the democrat fight for it in court?

Old 01-22-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
It benefits me as a taxpayer to know that our money is being handed over, indirectly, to Hunter Biden by way of Burisma, how's that for an answer.

Endangering national security is by letting all illegal immigrants in, apologizing to Muslim people, giving billions of cash to Iran, letting Soleimani kill our troops---should I keep going? Sucker!
So where is your evidence of this. Ah, nothing. So how about a better answer.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
So where is your evidence of this. Ah, nothing. So how about a better answer.
Only Hunter would know this thats why Trump ask for the Bidens to be investigated, lol, not because Joe is running, but because he wants to know how Hunter got paid for something he has no clue of doing, are you this naive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies