Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 06:26 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,462,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
20X?
I might ask you for investment tips.
Don't tell me you're doubting it? What I'm saying is that my investments went up significantly (34% just 2019) while my taxes went up a pittance.

OH....and for clarity, because I just now got your problem, I didn't say my investments increased 20fold. I said they increased 20 times as much as my taxes did.

Last edited by Rachel976; 01-23-2020 at 06:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

16,237 posts, read 5,842,478 times
Speaking for myself my retirement portfolio has done very well since Trump took office. I would say in large part due to the companies I invest in doing well in todays business climate.

21,406 posts, read 10,485,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
He legitimizes their hatred and rage about the cultural change that has occurred in this country since 1960 and against anyone who isn't the perfect white heterosexual fundamentalist Christian. That's enough for them.
You live in fantasy world. A real relic of the past. I suggest you ditch your family and move to the big city. You may enjoy life then.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:29 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,643,506 times
Under Trump, there is a lot more homeless wandering the streets. Some people enjoy living in a banana republic.

Reminds me when Ronald Reagan lied to the people when he said, “A rising tide floats all boats”.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:30 AM

384 posts, read 433,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I own a house as well-and pay 20% less in federal income tax due to Trump and his tax cuts. My state is not run by morons and my standard deduction more than covers my state income and property taxes. I do appreciate being able to do taxes in 5 minutes.

How long are rich leftists going to keep whining now that they have to pay their fair share, instead of having their obscene local taxes subsidised by federal taxpayers across all income levels in other states? Hypocrite much? The "standard deduction" for a married couple is $24,000. If you are paying more than that in state and local taxes-your state/county/city has a real spending problem. Talk to them-don't expect other taxpayers, especially ones that don't have your income, to subsidise you.
Dude, New York State and me by extension pay more than our fair share.
You are barking at the wrong tree.
You all don’t want to pay taxes but have no quibble benefitting from the Blue States. Oh the Irony.
Why are people so bitter and divided?

Old 01-23-2020, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Speaking for myself my retirement portfolio has done very well since Trump took office. I would say in large part due to the companies I invest in doing well in todays business climate.
Yes, and a good portion of that is due to Trump's pro-business attitudes - seen via relaxation of suffocating regulations and the lowering of corporate rates to a globally competitive level.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
Dude, New York State and me by extension pay more than our fair share.
You are barking at the wrong tree.
You all don’t want to pay taxes but have no quibble benefitting from the Blue States. Oh the Irony.
Why are people so bitter and divided?
So take it up with the politicians of your liberal state. You're paying more in SALT because it costs money to put the homeless up in the Clarion hotel. (Yes, courtesy of DeBlasio. He said the homeless shelters were too unappealing.)

Old 01-23-2020, 06:43 AM

77,956 posts, read 60,134,595 times
17 minutes after starting the thread with nothing but partisan hyperbole and zero factual support the OP was crushed into the turf here by someone using an article from cnbc no less.

Now some may argue that all posts by the OP qualify them as a "defenseless receiver" but no flag was thrown on this brutal hit.

88,713 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Don't tell me you're doubting it? What I'm saying is that my investments went up significantly (34% just 2019) while my taxes went up a pittance.
Me, too! The YOY (year over year) increase in both my 401K and investment accounts were 30+%. I did have to pay an extra $2,000 in federal income tax over last year due to the $10,000 SALT deduction limit, but overall, I gained, significantly.

Quote:
OH....and for clarity, because I just now got your problem, I didn't say my investments increased 20fold. I said they increased 20 times as much as my taxes done.
I bet most people don't even do the math to calculate exactly how much they've gained in the Trump policies economy. They just grumble because MSDNC, etc., tells them to do so.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 01-23-2020 at 06:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

10,379 posts, read 10,868,562 times
How do Dems logic that high state taxes are Trumps fault and that people in other states should susidize them via a big Fed tax deduction.

Btw, wages are way up here. Factories cant find enough workers. The Tyson chicken plant here in town is offering $20 an hour after one year. They have big bilboards arount town. Many large employers have help wanted signs on their building. The economy is great. I've never seen this before in my whole 60 plus years. Thank you Donald Trump.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies